Rail height and Standard pocket opening Diamond Red Label

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At times I am playing on a Diamond Red label table down here in Fl. I notice that when the cue ball is against the rail- I have very little room to strike the cue ball - the rail height seems rather high compared to say an Olhausen that i also play on at times- Are these rail heights on the Diamond Red Labels unusually high! Also what are the standard corner pocket specs for these Red labels? At times I hit the ball perfectly and at pocket speed and they still get rejected - two object balls will NOT fit between the pocket jaws. Thanks!

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
At times I am playing on a Diamond Red label table down here in Fl. I notice that when the cue ball is against the rail- I have very little room to strike the cue ball - the rail height seems rather high compared to say an Olhausen that i also play on at times- Are these rail heights on the Diamond Red Labels unusually high! Also what are the standard corner pocket specs for these Red labels? At times I hit the ball perfectly and at pocket speed and they still get rejected - two object balls will NOT fit between the pocket jaws. Thanks!

Diamond rails are 1 3/4" thick, Olhausen's are 1 1/2" thick, big difference.