Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Who are the top players in USA that work?
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-21-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post
I think the best working player of all time was, Irving Crane! He was a Cadillac salesman! JMHO.
Thatís not work! Those things sold themselves!

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#32)
sannek
amateur for life
sannek has a reputation beyond reputesannek has a reputation beyond reputesannek has a reputation beyond reputesannek has a reputation beyond reputesannek has a reputation beyond reputesannek has a reputation beyond reputesannek has a reputation beyond reputesannek has a reputation beyond reputesannek has a reputation beyond reputesannek has a reputation beyond reputesannek has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-21-2019, 11:03 PM

Tin Man: I dont post often but had to follow up on your post above.

It is not often i read something on AZB that resonates that strongly: well worded, and so true -> big kudos to you

Old
  (#33)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

08-21-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J SCHWARZ View Post
John Gabriel. From barbox tourneys to derby 1p he routinely runs deep in killer fields.
Great player, very tough action.
Will Prout

Old
  (#34)
boyraks
AzB Silver Member
boyraks has a reputation beyond reputeboyraks has a reputation beyond reputeboyraks has a reputation beyond reputeboyraks has a reputation beyond reputeboyraks has a reputation beyond reputeboyraks has a reputation beyond reputeboyraks has a reputation beyond reputeboyraks has a reputation beyond reputeboyraks has a reputation beyond reputeboyraks has a reputation beyond reputeboyraks has a reputation beyond repute

08-22-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakoff View Post
I found this post well written with well organized thoughts. It made me think, and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for your insights.

100% agree

working players
Old
  (#35)
bennettspring
AzB Gold Member
bennettspring is on a distinguished road

working players - 08-22-2019, 01:43 PM

I recently took a lesson from a well know pro. I explained I wanted to get a lot better.
He said how many hours could I devote to pool? I said 2 - 4 hours per day six days a week. He said I would get better but reach the level I wanted without more table time.
Thanks

Old
  (#36)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2019, 09:37 PM

I think there should be a list of workers that play good, instead of pool players that also work because they can't make a living (or don't want to) playing pool.

Which would be every B and A player I know.

What I find very interesting is that the more white collar a player is, the more likely they are to be an A- or B player vs the guys that have less education or have construction/landscaping jobs, more of those are A players. Almost every B player I know is in engineering, computers, etc... It's almost spooky, even new players that I meet, invariably if they are a B player, they sit at a desk for a job or at least have gone through school for that.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#37)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2019, 09:39 PM

I think there should be a list of workers that play good, instead of pool players that also work because they can't make a living (or don't want to) playing pool.

Which would be every B and A player I know.

What I find very interesting is that the more white collar a player is, the more likely they are to top out at an A- or B level vs the guys that have less education or have construction/landscaping jobs, more of those are A players. Almost every B player I know is in engineering, computers, etc... It's almost spooky, even new players that I meet, invariably if they are a B player, they sit at a desk for a job.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#38)
Tommy O
AzB Bronze Member
Tommy O is on a distinguished road

08-25-2019, 09:00 AM

Tom Jennings was a college teacher.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: