Carom Room

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm sure I'll end up at the Carom room tonight, in case any AZers want to say hellos and how-do-you-dos.

Freddie

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A few reports would be nice, Freddie....you know, like, who's going off....

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
A few reports would be nice, Freddie....you know, like, who's going off....

I'm actually here on unrelated business (my real job) with a co-worker who also plays pool!

Alex is here and Deathball is here. That's it.

Tomorrow is the tournament. I had no idea.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I'm actually here on unrelated business (my real job) with a co-worker who also plays pool!

Alex is here and Deathball is here. That's it.

Tomorrow is the tournament. I had no idea.

Crazy things can happen when you are somewhere on unrelated business.

I was in Vegas once for a football kicking camp, wouldn't you know there was a BCA tourney in town at the same time. I was able to hang out with SVB the night he played Dippy for big stakes. If memory serves me correctly this was the match that started the whole Dippy Dave debacle.

DD if you are reading this lets fire it up again!!!

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carom Room is a hell of nice room and Dave Coles is one of the very best room owners in the business he really knows how to put on a tournament right.No extra fees of any kind for the players no green fees,no quarters and 100% payback on the players auction. :thumbup:

Carom Room Classic is a hell of a event and it starts today Wednesday @ 6pm.

All three events have super strong full fields loaded with top players.

Last years Carom Room Fall Classic Champ, The Lion Alex Pagulayan is back to defend the title this year.

21246256_1789227324440684_5040102053518590930_o.jpg

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Carom Room is a hell of nice room and Dave Coles is one of the very best room owners in the business he really knows how to put on a tournament right.No extra fees of any kind for the players no green fees,no quarters and 100% payback on the players auction. :thumbup:

Carom Room Classic is a hell of a event and it starts today Wednesday @ 6pm.
Thanks, Terry. Oddly enough, this is my first visit to Beloit. And as I said earlier, I had no idea the Carom Room Classic started this week!

Not that anyone is interested, but I'm here on business. Just like my very first trip to the Derby City Classic a milliion years ago, I was on business in Louisville, so I stopped over to DCC. That was its second year.

Anyway, we have a meeting/convention/open house in Rockford, IL, and they put us up in a hotel in Beloit. Strange, coincidence in my experience. M retired co-worker is the only person I've worked with (185,000 employees in my company) that I know of that plays competitive pool (I mean low A speed, plenty of tournaments and leagues) and rubs shoulders with professionals (good friends with a couple of former and current Atlanta-based world champion professionals). The host company (not my company) coaxed him out of retirement, so here is in this event as my pseudo-host. Crazy coincidence.

He says there's a pool hall, and if I want to go shoot some and with a warning that there are only house cues there. LOL!!! And for once, I brought my 3-piece travel cue.

I know nothing of Beloit, and for all I knew, it's a bustling suburb with 6 pool halls, so maybe the Carom Cue would be a low percentage of the one he's talking about. Nope. Carom Room it is, three or four blocks away. Crazy coincidence.

When we walked in the door, it was fairly empty, and it had that slight smell of the old school. And... there was really only one person playing in the tournament area. His name was Troy. He happens to be from Atlanta (just like my retired buddy). You all know him as Deathball.

Can you imagine that someone like me didn't line up the dates of my travel and the date of this huge tournament? And the first person I see in an empty, sleepy Beloit, WI pool room is Deathball? LOL!!! I was expecting Scooter Goodman to come in after us. But, alas, that didn't happen.

Freddie <~~~ clueless newby

Attachments

• Deathball and Alex.jpg
    Deathball and Alex.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Players auction going on now

1st pick was Alex Pagulayan 2nd pick was Tony Chohan

1st round matches will begin immediately after the players auction is over.

One Pocket races to 5 with a super tough field.

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Players auction going on now

1st pick was Alex Pagulayan 2nd pick was Tony Chohan

1st round matches will begin immediately after the players auction is over.

One Pocket races to 5 with a super tough field.

Please post a bracket

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm pleased to see Jeff Carter playing....a world class player.
I'm wondering two things...how old is he now....
...and does he still play with a Sailor cue?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pleased to see Jeff Carter playing....a world class player.
I'm wondering two things...how old is he now....
...and does he still play with a Sailor cue?
Not sure about his cue but he's up 3-1 on Chip now and playing well