Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page DigiCue Blue improving your game?
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
DigiCue Blue improving your game?
Old
  (#1)
fathomblue
Rusty Shackleford
fathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

DigiCue Blue improving your game? - 01-10-2018, 10:58 AM

I haven't seen any posts in a while concerning this new tool. Now that they have been out for a little bit, who has one?

Anyone bearing down and seeing improvements with it?

Justin Wray

Main Player: Gary Johnson custom 4-pointer w/Ki-tech "hard" tip
Back-up Player: Gary Johnson custom Sneaky Pete w/Ki-Tech "hard" tip
Breaker: Gary Johnson custom "Snowflake" 4-pointer
Jumper: Steve Lomax custom w/silver rings
Retired: Meucci 333-5

Old
  (#2)
donuteric
always a newbie
donuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2018, 11:39 AM

I don't own one but have played with one in a couple dozen sessions and found the device to be quite helpful. I've also noticed friends who routinely practice with it are cueing much straighter. Their pocketing ability and consistency are noticeably improved.

Old
  (#3)
HUKIT
F* ks Given...Zero
HUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2018, 11:51 AM

I have one and it's helping quite a bit. I was passing everything on intermediate except tip steer right. I was getting a fault nearly every shot for tip steer right 3.0. I am getting better when I bear down on concentrate on it.

I also won this one in a giveaway and like the functionality of the app a little better OB but prefer the Digicue the way it mounts on the butt of the cue.

http://www.cue-md.com/

We all make choices, but in the end our cocks make us.

Old
  (#4)
eazyace
AzB Silver Member
eazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond repute

01-22-2018, 08:42 AM

Anyone else use this and their game improved ? If so what level where you before this and what level are you now?

Old
  (#5)
shanesinnott
Follow Through
shanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to shanesinnott Send a message via Yahoo to shanesinnott  
01-22-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donuteric View Post
I don't own one but have played with one in a couple dozen sessions and found the device to be quite helpful. I've also noticed friends who routinely practice with it are cueing much straighter. Their pocketing ability and consistency are noticeably improved.
This speaks volumes. The reviews for the DigiCue BLUE have been better than expected. I am hoping we have hit this one out of the park!

Regards,

Shane Sinnott
President
OB Cues
www.obcues.com
Phone: 972.578.9100
Fax: 972.426.6980

Old
  (#6)
tableroll
AzB Silver Member
tableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond repute

01-22-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanesinnott View Post
This speaks volumes. The reviews for the DigiCue BLUE have been better than expected. I am hoping we have hit this one out of the park!
The digicue will not allow you to pass the straightness parameter if you have a pendulum stroke. I have heard it can be done if you address the cue tip to the cue ball at the upstroke of the pendulum arc. I am trying it but as yet I am unsuccessful. Digicue needs to take it's time in creating a well thought out video to address the correction of this straightness parameter.

Old
  (#7)
nataddrho
AzB Silver Member
nataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond repute

01-22-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tableroll View Post
The digicue will not allow you to pass the straightness parameter if you have a pendulum stroke. I have heard it can be done if you address the cue tip to the cue ball at the upstroke of the pendulum arc. I am trying it but as yet I am unsuccessful. Digicue needs to take it's time in creating a well thought out video to address the correction of this straightness parameter.
Yes, I do need to create a video. I am trying to find time to make one.

A pendulum stroke is not straight. I.e. it is not a straight line through space. It is an arc. If you have a pronounced pendulum stroke then you are not stroking in a straight line.

If you want to measure if the path of your pendulum stroke at least stays along a vertical place, then observe the tip steer parameter.

Nate

Lead Engineer - OB Cues
Inventor of the DigiCue and DigiCue BLUE

Old
  (#8)
slide13
AzB Silver Member
slide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-23-2018, 05:42 AM

I ran the pass around for this and I have to say, everyone who tried it was very impressed.

With work and the holidays I haven’t had a ton of practice time in lately but I feel like I get the most out of what little time I have using the DigiCue Blue and it makes me bear down and really focus on proper stroke mechanics. I feel like I’m better able to replicate that already in a match situation so it’s definitely helping. Really looking forward to the next couple months when I’ll have a little more time to invest in properly training with it.

Old
  (#9)
eazyace
AzB Silver Member
eazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond reputeeazyace has a reputation beyond repute

01-23-2018, 09:21 AM

guess not many people on here have it or just dont want to post.
Looking to see what kind of improvements have you had.

Example - i was a 5 in apa and now after 2 months of using this i am a 7 etc..

Hope others can chime in.

Thanks,

Old
  (#10)
HUKIT
F* ks Given...Zero
HUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond reputeHUKIT has a reputation beyond repute

01-23-2018, 10:08 AM

Speaking with an instructor yesterday about this product and his comment which makes perfect sense was "because you know what is wrong is great but the Digicue doesn't tell you how to fix it".

We all make choices, but in the end our cocks make us.

Digicue Blue Thoughts
Old
  (#11)
koolkatt58
AzB Bronze Member
koolkatt58 is on a distinguished road

Digicue Blue Thoughts - 01-23-2018, 12:37 PM

Hi All:

I wanted to share my thoughts on the threads I have read on the forum on the digi cue blue. I have the original I will be getting the new one soon. I have noticed a lot of people say they cannot get the straightness to go green and I have also read where people are changing their strokes to try and satisfy the device.
I been playing pool for many years and I do not think unless your really a novice or a beginner that you should be changing drastically. If your a pretty good player and you play well I would use this device as an analytical tool for my stroke and fundamentals.
For example I grip the cue very loosely with the first 2 fingers and my thumb I been playing that way all my life. I could never change that now I would be missing balls left and right.
Another thing I notice is a lot of guys get the device and throw it on advanced right away and try to beat it. I would think you should start on beginner or at the most intermediate and hit hundreds of balls and play a while and then maybe advance to the next level. If your a pro like Shane Van Boening or Jayson Shaw and you have hit thousands and thousands of balls then you could put it on advanced. But the average player or the recreational player I think advanced would get you frustrated and that is not what the device is intended to do. Just my thoughts!!!!!

Last edited by koolkatt58; 01-23-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Old
  (#12)
Masseyman
AzB Silver Member
Masseyman has a reputation beyond reputeMasseyman has a reputation beyond reputeMasseyman has a reputation beyond reputeMasseyman has a reputation beyond reputeMasseyman has a reputation beyond reputeMasseyman has a reputation beyond reputeMasseyman has a reputation beyond reputeMasseyman has a reputation beyond reputeMasseyman has a reputation beyond reputeMasseyman has a reputation beyond reputeMasseyman has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkatt58 View Post
Hi All:

I wanted to share my thoughts on the threads I have read on the forum on the digi cue blue. I have the original I will be getting the new one soon. I have noticed a lot of people say they cannot get the straightness to go green and I have also read where people are changing their strokes to try and satisfy the device.
I been playing pool for many years and I do not think unless your really a novice or a beginner that you should be changing drastically. If your a pretty good player and you play well I would use this device as an analytical tool for my stroke and fundamentals.
For example I grip the cue very loosely with the first 2 fingers and my thumb I been playing that way all my life. I could never change that now I would be missing balls left and right.
Another thing I notice is a lot of guys get the device and throw it on advanced right away and try to beat it. I would think you should start on beginner or at the most intermediate and hit hundreds of balls and play a while and then maybe advance to the next level. If your a pro like Shane Van Boening or Jayson Shaw and you have hit thousands and thousands of balls then you could put it on advanced. But the average player or the recreational player I think advanced would get you frustrated and that is not what the device is intended to do. Just my thoughts!!!!!

I agree with no drastic changes, however, it's the subtle changes that can make the biggest difference.
I suffered from unwanted English and poor position play on certain shots. The Digicue Blue has made me aware of the specific flaws in my stroke I need to work on.
I, also stuck it on intermediate right away and started shooting, I then had to move it to beginner, and after a few small corrections, moved it back to intermediate to start honing in on the things that need the most work.

Old
  (#13)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-19-2018, 05:46 PM

The value of any new tool used for any purpose is always based on the results obtained.

A tool could be ideal for some and not so great for others. It always comes down to results.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (9-6-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon '85 Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#14)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2018, 07:12 PM

I bought one and have to say it's a very useful item. Every measured parameter of the stroke can be customized to fit your own needs/skill level, or you can go with the presets for beginner, intermediate, or advanced.

I like that you can turn off any parameter you feel doesn't need work. I like setting the "Finish" on 2.5 seconds to help me stay down longer on every shot. I don't stay down that long every time, but having it set so high helps me try to stay down and not rush or raise up on certain shots. I like the stat history for each parameter on each shot and the ability to delete individual shots from the history, maybe due to having to jab or jump the shot or because of a miscue. But on the miscue you could look for possible stroke errors that could've caused the miscues if it wasn't just due to a poor chalking habit.

Because it monitors and records flaws that you can't usually see or feel in real time, I think it's the best stroke trainer/evaluator I've ever seen or used. It's really helped me develop a pause in my back stroke.

Here's a screen shot of the parameters that can be analized, turned on or off if desired. I've finally worked my back stroke pause consistently into the green. Any parameter that does not meet the defined preset (or as set by user) will show up red. When I first got this thing, my pause was red quite a bit.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#15)
StraightPoolIU
Brent
StraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

03-20-2018, 06:33 AM

It seems like the problem with straightness is a problem of terminology. I know when I think of a straight stroke I think of side to side motion or lack thereof rather than up and down motion. I realize that in the Digicue Blue app that is called tip steer, but I could see how that could be confusing.

"No bar, no bowling alley, no pinball machines. Just pool. Nothin else."

Playing Cue: 2003 Pechauer P15
Break Cue: Joss Thor Hammer (purpleheart with ironwood rings)
Jump Cue: OB Lift
Current Tip: G2
Shaft: OB Pro Plus

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: