AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Anniversary project

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
martin35
AzB Silver Member
martin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-03-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnboy77 View Post
Wow!! Awesome job! I love the jig you made with the router, looks like you effective made a 50 inch planer/jointer with it. I see you transcribed the serial numbers to the new section with stamps, very classy.

The frame looks wider than a stock Anniversary frame...maybe longer to? I just noticed the cutouts at the side pocket wrap around much further than mine. I hope that doesn't create interference issues, I would imagine the new drop pockets are going to have to be cut quite a bit to accommodate that extra width? I just looked at my table and don't think that would work for mine unless I bored holes all the way through the frame to gain access to the rail bolts. I take it you must have a different setup?

Thank you for the nice comment

My frame is 51-7/8 x 101-7/8. The slate being 57x107 it leaves about 2-9/16 all around which is close to the original .On the other hand I pretty much eye ball the pocket cutout at roughly 1-1/2" - 2" (dont recall exactly) behind the slate cutout. They probably dont look exactly like the original.

The angle the picture have been taken from is probably creating an optical illusion...

Old
  (#32)
Lawnboy77
AzB Silver Member
Lawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond repute

02-03-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Thank you for the nice comment

My frame is 51-7/8 x 101-7/8. The slate being 57x107 it leaves about 2-9/16 all around which is close to the original .On the other hand I pretty much eye ball the pocket cutout at roughly 1-1/2" - 2" (dont recall exactly) behind the slate cutout. They probably dont look exactly like the original.

The angle the picture have been taken from is probably creating an optical illusion...
Okay good! I just measured mine and 2-9/16" all around will be fine. I think you are right about the optical illusion. The stock frames are tapered to accommodate a ball return option and that's probably what threw me off. Good deal! I just didn't want you to have put the slate on, and then find out later you need to take 2 inches off the frame width.

Old
  (#33)
martin35
AzB Silver Member
martin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond repute

02-03-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnboy77 View Post
Okay good! I just measured mine and 2-9/16" all around will be fine. I think you are right about the optical illusion. The stock frames are tapered to accommodate a ball return option and that's probably what threw me off. Good deal! I just didn't want you to have put the slate on, and then find out later you need to take 2 inches off the frame width.
Thank you anyway, better be safe than sorry.

Martin

Old
  (#34)
Lawnboy77
AzB Silver Member
Lawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2019, 09:44 AM

I think I understand the difference now. I don't think it's an issue at all, as a matter of fact it will probably be even better for clearance of the side pockets, since the cutouts for the side pockets are more inboard than the typical Anniversary frame that I've seen here in the states. My aftermarket side pockets had to be trimmed due to clearance issues with the frame, had the side pocket radius been cut back another 1/2", or so it probably would of made a better fit. Something else for me to consider the next time the Brunstone is off the frame.

Update
Old
  (#35)
martin35
AzB Silver Member

Update - 05-22-2019, 06:28 AM

Guys

I'll be ready to post an update of my project soon but with the recent debate about DIYer posting in mechanic forum, I wonder if I should ask to have my thread moved to the main forum ?

For me posting my project here is just a way to thank past and present contributers for sharing their knowledge by giving back some entertainment.

Just let know if you feel that I should have it moved and I will gladly comply.

Martin

Old
  (#36)
CuesDirectly
AzB Silver Member

CuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Guys

I'll be ready to post an update of my project soon but with the recent debate about DIYer posting in mechanic forum, I wonder if I should ask to have my thread moved to the main forum ?

For me posting my project here is just a way to thank past and present contributers for sharing their knowledge by giving back some entertainment.

Martin
When the table is complete, post in the main forum like many people do. I posted my Anniversary there and it got a great response. Don't ask this one to be moved but keep this one going until complete. Just my two cents.

----------------------------------------------

David Brainard, custom Cuemaker
My website is CuesDirectly.com
Email, CuesDirectly@gmail.com
Facebook under both names
503 930-7776 5am -5pm West Coast time

Old
  (#37)
bradsh98
Bradshaw Billiard Service
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Guys

Martin
Martin,

I would appreciate you continuing your updates in this forum. The DIY forum debate was a bit foolish, in my opinion. Aside from that, your skill-set is far beyond the typical DIY'er.

Thank you for sharing.

Geoff Bradshaw
Bradshaw Billiard Service

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.

Update
Old
  (#38)
martin35
AzB Silver Member

Update - 05-25-2019, 06:10 PM

It's time for an update

In the last couple of months I did some slow progress but it's still going forward, I would like to be done for end of June.

Quite a bit of burn marks to remove:

Name:  DSCN7624.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  196.4 KB

After steaming and sanding ( rail at the front only) pretty much everything is gone :

Name:  DSCN7629.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  189.6 KB

Repaint the bottom of the rails :

Name:  DSCN7633.jpg
Size:  191.2 KB

New feets for the pedestal :

Name:  DSCN7634.jpg
Size:  191.0 KB

Pedestal repaired ready to be veneered :

Name:  DSCN7636.jpg
Size:  187.4 KB

Update
Old
  (#39)
martin35
AzB Silver Member

Update - 05-25-2019, 06:19 PM

New walnut paperback veneer:

Name:  DSCN7639.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  181.2 KB

Veneering done :

Name:  DSCN7640.jpg
Size:  190.7 KB

Stained and varnished pedestal with repaired (lot of dents) and polished leg band :

Name:  DSCN7644.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  185.5 KB

And finally a big milestone for me, the base frame is back together :

Name:  DSCN7646 (2).jpg
Views: 139
Size:  196.1 KB

Thanks

Last edited by martin35; 05-25-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Old
  (#40)
Steve Dickey
AzB Silver Member
Steve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond repute

05-25-2019, 09:04 PM

Very nice!

Old
  (#41)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

05-26-2019, 04:41 AM

What kind of drop pockets are you planning on installing?

Old
  (#42)
martin35
AzB Silver Member

05-26-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
What kind of drop pockets are you planning on installing?
My budget is pretty limited right now, I will probably reinstall the old existing pocket I have. For the futur I was entertaining the idea of installing a ball return system but I'm not sure anymore...

I guess the answer to your question is "I dont know yet" but I'm really open to suggestions.

BTW my casting do not have the relief cut to receive the bolt on pocket, which I prefer over the nailed variety. Did you ever see those casting modified to receive the bolt on pocket ?

Thanks

Martin

Last edited by martin35; 05-26-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Old
  (#43)
martin35
AzB Silver Member

05-26-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dickey View Post
Very nice!
Thank you Steve

Martin

Old
  (#44)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

05-26-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
My budget is pretty limited right now, I will probably reinstall the old existing pocket I have. For the futur I was entertaining the idea of installing a ball return system but I'm not sure anymore...

I guess the answer to your question is "I dont know yet" but I'm really open to suggestions.

BTW my casting do not have the relief cut to receive the bolt on pocket, which I prefer over the nailed variety. Did you ever see those casting modified to receive the bolt on pocket ?

Thanks

Martin
Other than trading out the castings for the castings that screw the pockets it, you're not getting out of nailing the pockets in. The frame supports you added are going to be in the way of a ball return being mounted, and if you're thinking about using the GC4 drop pockets, you're still going to need to cut back your frame in the side pockets and corners by an inch to make room to mount them. That is why I asked.

Old
  (#45)
martin35
AzB Silver Member

05-26-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Other than trading out the castings for the castings that screw the pockets it, you're not getting out of nailing the pockets in. The frame supports you added are going to be in the way of a ball return being mounted, and if you're thinking about using the GC4 drop pockets, you're still going to need to cut back your frame in the side pockets and corners by an inch to make room to mount them. That is why I asked.
Thanks for the feedback. What is the difference beetween the regular pockets and the GC4 ones other than (I think) being deeper ? Knowing they are taking more space, I can cut my frame off before I put the slates on. By the way, my actual pockets cut-out are not necessarely as the original since a built the top of my frame from scratch and pretty much eyeballed the pockets cutout. I cut them roughly 1-1/2"-2" behind the slate cutout.

I was asking for the casting because I never saw a picture of the inside of one of those casting and I was curious to see how they looks.

As for the ball return, too bad . It was a fun possibilty but not really a necessity for me.

Martin

Last edited by martin35; 05-26-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: