AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page How many of you have worked on the Brunswick Gold Crown 6??

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
How many of you have worked on the Brunswick Gold Crown 6??
Old
  (#1)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

How many of you have worked on the Brunswick Gold Crown 6?? - 07-19-2019, 08:35 AM

How many of you have worked on the Brunswick Gold Crown 6??

What do you think?

My thoughts:
I am on a trip in Maine and just completed 2 GC6 installations, both 9'. One of them was the Tournament Edition in Mahogany/ Nickel Trim and the other Skyline walnut/ Espresso/ Nickel trim.

Both of my clients love their tables and it was a pleasure installing them.

The design changes and material changes show that Brunswick does make a great pool table. One was a floor model and the other brand new in the box.

They did remove most of the levelers in the frame, but, i could install the same system they had before in a couple hours. I had no isssues getting them both dialed in with the Starrett 98-12, the 4 leveling feet and 8 levelers on the seams. The slates lined up very nice/ were of good quality.

The wider/ beveled pedestal legs are very cool looking. The feet are shorter and more defined/ sized to the wider legs. Be cautious on installing the feet, with the feet being shorter and the body of the legs taller, it was easy to mis-judge the playing surface height.

Both tables play amazing!!! Could not be more blessed. Still have 2 Gold Crown 4's to rebuild here in Maine!! Lobsta's tomorrow!!!

Here are a few pics of the tables we installed:
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

08-04-2019, 06:52 PM

There's really not much difference between the 5 & 6, so they're nothing special.

Old
  (#3)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member
jtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond repute

08-04-2019, 07:16 PM

I just donít like the metal pocket castings. The 5&6 are butt ugly. Each to their own. Iím sorry I had to sell my black GC4, it played great and looked great.

Old
  (#4)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 06:37 AM

What a wealth of opinions you have both shared with the forum and the world about the Brunswick Gold Crown 6! LOL

Still the BEST POOL TABLE OUT there and my opinion of course!

HAHAHAHAHHAA

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#5)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

08-05-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
What a wealth of opinions you have both shared with the forum and the world about the Brunswick Gold Crown 6! LOL

HAHAHAHAHHAA

Trent from Toledo
So what makes it any better than the 5?, or the 4 for that matter? Does it play any better? Does it have more rail bolts? Is the slate any thicker? Tell me, what makes it better than any other Gold Crown?

Old
  (#6)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 03:32 PM

Itís purtier!

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#7)
chart22
AzB Bronze Member
chart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHHAA

Trent from Toledo
I have never played on one or even seen one in person but they look great in the pictures Iíve seen.

Old
  (#8)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

08-16-2019, 06:37 AM

I love them! The legs are fatter and have an angled bevel to them. The rails are no longer made of poplar and now ash. The castings an trim all fit together very nicely. New frame has less levelers, but, has 4 & 4 on the seams. The ball storage box mounts on the foot apron much differently, much easier IMO. I installed one floor model and one right out of the box. Was an awesome experience and I can't wait to sell some more of these bad boys!

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#9)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 08:00 PM

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#10)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 06:11 AM

Trent,

Do you have any pictures of the leveling system?

Especially the ones on the seam.

An inside look would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#11)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

08-23-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchnhed View Post
Trent,

Do you have any pictures of the leveling system?

Especially the ones on the seam.

An inside look would be appreciated.

Thanks
Did not take any, maybe next time.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#12)
Lawnboy77
AzB Silver Member
Lawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 12:18 PM

I had the pleasure of playing on one at the local dealer the other day and I agree with you Trent, a sweet table for sure. If I didn't already have an Anniversary I would of probably bought one that day.

Old
  (#13)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

08-23-2019, 02:31 PM

The GC6 is an AWESOME re-design and they play lights out. I was super lucky to sell, deliver and install 2 of them on the same trip. I have a wholesale connection with Brunswick as of last year and I am very happy/lucky to be able to source such an amazing pool table.

You do have an amazing Anniversary with M.G. rails: you are allllll good!

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#14)
Lawnboy77
AzB Silver Member
Lawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
The GC6 is an AWESOME re-design and they play lights out. I was super lucky to sell, deliver and install 2 of them on the same trip. I have a wholesale connection with Brunswick as of last year and I am very happy/lucky to be able to source such an amazing pool table.

You do have an amazing Anniversary with M.G. rails: you are allllll good!

Trent from Toledo

Thanks Trent! Yes I absolutely love the new rails. Itís nice finally having a table that plays as good as it looks. Lighting will be the next item to address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#15)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

08-24-2019, 06:55 AM

NIIIIICEEE!!!

I am going to be starting a super secret design for a Centennial Light!

Keep us posted on your progress!

Trent from Toledo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: