Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Tennessee Store Clerk Faces Up to 60 Years for Murdering a Black Teen Over a $2 Beer
Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Tennessee Store Clerk Faces Up to 60 Years for Murdering a Black Teen Over a $2 Beer
Old
  (#1)
Pangit
AzB Silver Member
Pangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Tennessee Store Clerk Faces Up to 60 Years for Murdering a Black Teen Over a $2 Beer - 08-17-2019, 04:47 AM

Making America Great Again shall not be infringed upon.

Seventeen-year-old Dorian Harris shoplifted a $2 beer from a local corner store and it cost him his life. Now, the store clerk responsible for shooting and killing the teen is facing up to 60 years in prison after being found guilty of murder in the second degree.

Lawyers for Anwar Ghazali argued the store clerk only meant for the bullets he fired into the air to serve as a warning after Dorian filched the drink and ran from the convenience store where Ghazali worked, the Memphis Commercial Appeal reports.

Prosecutors disagreed, saying the shooting was a cold-blooded murder.

“The defendant took it upon himself to be the judge, the jury and the executioner over a $2 [drink]. That’s why we’re here,” state prosecutor Lora Fowler said during closing arguments, the news site reports. “Why are you using deadly force to defend a [drink]?”

In testimony heard from witnesses during the trial, one of them, Beverly Loverson, recalled begging Ghazali not to kill the teen, as the Washington Post reports:

She saw Harris and the beer, and Ghazali and the gun, “and as he passed me,” she remembered while testifying on the stand this week, “I said, ‘Don’t kill him. Don’t kill him. It’s just a beer.’ ”

A Shelby County jury in Memphis, Tenn., agreed, deciding, however, to find the 29-year-old Ghazali guilty of second-degree murder rather than the more serious charge he also faced of first-degree murder.

One of the bullets Ghazali fired entered Dorian’s back right thigh, severing his femoral artery, causing the teen to bleed to death as he fled the store.

Ghazali never reported the shooting or the theft to police, and Dorian’s body wasn’t found until two days later behind an abandoned house not far from the store.

Surveillance footage showed that after firing the shots, Ghazali walked back into his store and continued to ring up customers, with a witness telling police that Ghazali said simply, “I think I shot him.”

Dorian’s death caused outrage, with his family, friends and community members staging protests for two days.

Dorian’s family, which has a civil suit pending against the store’s owner, told the Commercial Appeal it was pleased with the verdict, but wished the verdict had been on the more serious charge of first-degree murder.

“I feel that the charge should have been first degree,” Dorian’s grandmother Effie Fitch said. “He took a life, so it should be for life.”

As it stands, Ghazali faces between 15 and 60 years in prison at his sentencing, which is set for Sept. 23.

Last edited by Pangit; 08-17-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Old
  (#2)
vasilios
AzB Silver Member
vasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

08-17-2019, 05:08 AM

Dark continent DNA mix it up over a 2 dollar beer in Memphis -
A limited grey matter collision ends with a single loss -
Hey Pangy what else happened in Memphis during that same hour ?
It is a shithole with daily shithole results -

bill

Trump 1-12-19
" Wait till you see how it all ends up !! "
" You watch - will make front page news "

Old
  (#3)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasilios View Post

bill
I agree, Bill. If a white guy had shot him in Tennessee , they would have believed he tried to miss and there would have been nothing to see here.
Oops, I forgot! White guys have it rough in America!

God bless each and every one of you

Last edited by tom haney; 08-17-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Old
  (#4)
ChopStick
Unsane Poster
ChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-17-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
I agree, Bill. If a white guy had shot him in Tennessee , they would have believed he tried to miss and there would have been nothing to see here.
Wrong answer. This is Memphis. Just karma playing out.

Don't believe everything you think.

Old
  (#5)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopStick View Post
Wrong answer. This is Memphis. Just karma playing out.
A black teen dies over a 2 dollar beer. Who's karma?

Old
  (#6)
Pangit
AzB Silver Member
Pangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasilios View Post

bill
You tell me...you seem to be an expert on American violence.

Old
  (#7)
ChopStick
Unsane Poster
ChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 06:24 AM

Quote:
A black teen dies over a 2 dollar beer. Who's karma?
Both. You wanna talk about those "innocent black teens"? Are you really going to tell me that you believe this is the only thing that 17 year old juvenile delinquent street thug has done?

Old
  (#8)
ChopStick
Unsane Poster

08-17-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangit View Post
I am. I grew up in Memphis. What would you like to know?

Old
  (#9)
Pangit
AzB Silver Member

08-17-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
I am. I grew up in Memphis. What would you like to know?
Who assassinated MLK?

Old
  (#10)
vasilios
AzB Silver Member
vasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangit View Post

Mighty empty response to Dark DNA daily actions -

bill

Trump 1-12-19

Old
  (#11)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

08-17-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Both. You wanna talk about those "innocent black teens"? Are you really going to tell me that you believe this is the only thing that 17 year old juvenile delinquent street thug has done?
I'm with you, Chop. If you catch these young nigra thieves early like the clerk did, we can start to nip this black crime in the bud before it escalates.

Old
  (#12)
vasilios
AzB Silver Member

08-17-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Oops, I forgot! White guys have it rough in America!
Where did that fall down in the ditch thinking come from ???

bill

Trump 1-12-19

Old
  (#13)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 06:55 AM

The title is a bit biased....not unusual.

The kid was a thief like Michael Brown
The clerk aimed not deliberately
The kid bled out from femoral damage

I can see manslaughter with a lenient sentence...it was not murder

The black community doesn’t need another thief for a martyr

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#14)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 07:15 AM

The charge is appropriate, but perhaps not the sentence. He meant the thief harm and used a gun. The risk of death was there. I seriously doubt the clerk had/has the movie marksmanship skills to just wound. Clearly he was provoked and pissed off, but you don't use a gun at a fleeing thief, especially if he didn't threaten your life. If people don't have control over their emotions, then maybe they should reconsider owning a gun or face the consequences when they use it inappropriately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post

Old
  (#15)
Pangit
AzB Silver Member

08-17-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post

So...now you are defending some guy named Anwar Ghazali and his vigilante use of a firearm?

Keeping America Great.

Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: