Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page 9 year old girl playing in the street mauled to death by three pit bulls

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
9 year old girl playing in the street mauled to death by three pit bulls
Old
  (#1)
Pangit
AzB Silver Member
Pangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

9 year old girl playing in the street mauled to death by three pit bulls - 08-20-2019, 04:18 AM

It's time to start putting pit bull "owners" down, humanly of course. When will the madness stop?

Pit bull "owners" give all sorts of excuses. "Look at him, he weighs 130 pounds with a head the size of rhino, and he's wagging his tail" whilst mauling a child to death.

Three dogs fatally mauled a 9-year-old girl Monday afternoon on Detroit's west side.

Police arrested the dogs' owner, a 33-year-old man, following the 4 p.m. attack in an alley between the 6000 blocks of Central Avenue and Florida Street.

Police were still trying late Monday to piece together what happened.
"When we first got on the scene, the girl was laying in the alley, and the father was performing CPR," Detroit Deputy Fire Commissioner Dave Fornell said. "Our first arriving unit jumped in and started CPR.

"At that point, the neighbors were shooting at the dogs. We were performing EMS under gunfire."

One dog was struck by a bullet and killed, Fornell said. Detroit Police Cpl. Dan Donakowski said at one point, someone threw a brick in an effort to stop the attack.

CPR continued in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. But the girl was pronounced dead after she arrived, Fornell said.

"She suffered severe traumatic injuries," he said.

Initial reports said the girl and another child were riding their bicycles when the dogs attacked. But Donakowski said later it was unclear whether the girl was with someone else or alone.

Donakowski described the dogs as pit bulls. Detroit Animal Care and Control is involved in the investigation.

Fornell said late Monday that some of the first responding firefighters and EMS personnel were receiving trauma counseling.

Last edited by Pangit; 08-20-2019 at 04:21 AM.

Old
  (#2)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-20-2019, 08:01 AM

Ahh yes, cute cuddly pit bulls. This doesn't happen often, but I agree with Pangy. Never cared for pits....owners in mauling death cases should definitely be charged with murder....and non death cases, the highest levels of assault with a deadly weapon.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#3)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
Ahh yes, cute cuddly pit bulls. This doesn't happen often, but I agree with Pangy. Never cared for pits....owners in mauling death cases should definitely be charged with murder....and non death cases, the highest levels of assault with a deadly weapon.
I agree. and I know someone will be along soon to tell us what a great dog they are and it's just bad owners. Well, that's great. And I'm sure most of them are.

But, it's the equivalent of having an alligators in your yard. Of all the dogs you can have, why have the ones that will kill you and almost impossible to make them let go. I've seen videos of folks hitting them with bats and the dog would NOT let go.

I know gangbangers love these dogs. Protects their drugs, weapons and even from cops serving warrants. So, that should tell folks something.

And if owners are held personally and criminally responsible, it won't matter, because the gangbangers don't have anything, and they will be in jail in a matter of time anyways, but the damage is done.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#4)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2019, 09:04 AM

As soon as I read where this happened, it all made sense.
Jason

Old
  (#5)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
They are great dogs and yes this is entirely the owners fault.

I'm sure there are leash laws in this area as there are in most.

I was terrorized by a dog when I was a kid everytime I rode past a certain house on my bike on the way to the beach. My brother actually got bit by that dog. I don't sympathize w people who don't control their dogs.

Dogs are so much what people put in them or lack there of. But instinct is instinct and it's blatantly apparent in dogs. I have a herding dog and it displays that instinct daily. I have taken steps to accomadate that in how I handle her.

Personally I would never own a pit just because what they are capable of if they attack.

There is a pocket imprinted on the backside of every object ball.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#6)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2019, 10:21 AM

I meant to quote ChicagoRJ for that last reply.

I believe the owner should be charged just as if they were doing the assault intentionally. I say intentionally because they left their dog off it's leash, they were delinquent and are aware of what the dog is capable of doing. So if the dog kills someone, then murder charges should apply.

There is a pocket imprinted on the backside of every object ball.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#7)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
 Send a message via ICQ to Kimmo Send a message via MSN to Kimmo Send a message via Skype™ to Kimmo 
08-21-2019, 11:32 PM

Billy Connolly put it quite nicely "Pitbulls are just sharks on a leash.....a row of teeth and an arsehole"

Don't try to add days to your life, add life to your days! - This message is environmentally friendly...it has been written in it's entirety with recycled bits and bytes.

Name: Kimmo
Playing cue: Predator P3/314, ~20oz + KamuiBlack SS
Break cue: Predator BK2
Jump: Custom
Nationality: Finnish
Hours of pool per week: Hours?? As in PLURAL? You've got to be kidding me...I've got 3 kids!

Old
  (#8)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

08-22-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmo View Post
Billy Connolly put it quite nicely "Pitbulls are just sharks on a leash.....a row of teeth and an arsehole"
I think they are worse. Sharks will let go of something if you hit them enough, they didn't last 400M years be being stupid pitbulls not so much. I saw 3 men in a video beating a pitbull with sticks and he would not let go of the person he had in his jaws.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

About a dozen breeds are called pit bulls now.
Old
  (#9)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

About a dozen breeds are called pit bulls now. - 08-22-2019, 12:36 PM

About a dozen breeds are called pit bulls now which muddies the water considerably not counting the fact that anything that "looks" like a pit bull is considered one now. Funny thing, is that there is no pit bull look. The UKC registered pit bull had two breed specifications, it had to be game and it had to be friendly towards people. Nothing about size, weight, shape, or color. I have seen pit bulls with dozens of generations of pit bull pedigree and one dog out of a litter be a short extremely stocky bulldog like the one on the hood of a Mack truck and another from the same litter be tall, rangy, and look more like a coursing hound or cow dog.

Note the second part of the breed specification. I have seen a pit bull ripped damned near inside out when hit by a vehicle and licking a stranger's hand. Real pit bulls were bred to bait bulls and to fight in a pit. Handling your own and strangers' pit bulls would be far too dangerous if they were aggressive towards people.

If a dozen pit bulls were put in a lineup of a hundred dogs most people would be hard pressed to pick two of them out of the line-up, it would be a matter of pure luck.

I am fed up with powerful aggressive dogs hurting and killing people, particularly young people. I'm also tired of all of these dogs being labeled pit bulls when the majority aren't.

My family owned two cocker spaniels. Both of the little bastards bit babies or small children in the face. I would have killed them both had I had say-so. I have owned over a half-dozen pit bulls including two cow dogs, dogs raised from three days old, and rescued fighting dogs. One of the rescue dogs had killed a full grown cow and two doberman pinschers at the same time, no idea how many other animals. With people he was an eighty pound lap dog. None ever showed any aggression towards people.

The most dangerous dog I ever owned was a dalmatian. He had flunked out of police training then been abused. He was insane, never knew what would trigger him and I was the only one that could get him to snap out of it when he flipped out. It was like having a grizzly in my business as a guard dog. Second most dangerous, a dobermann, another police school drop-out. Never knew what would trigger him. Poorly or improperly trained dogs are extremely dangerous, no matter what breed.

We need to stop line breeding dogs also. That includes pit bulls, pit bull like dogs, all dogs. Most purebreds are riddled with breed flaws now including behavior problems, from line breeding. The pit bulls line bred to fight, most breeds to show.

If we killed every pit bull on earth tomorrow there are dozens of powerful breeds that people would use in their stead. Rottweilers are gentle herding dogs, they make very fine war and police dogs when trained. German shepherd, well there is a reason they are called shepherds. They were herding dogs long before anything else. Dobermanns are one of the few dogs bred for police and military work.

Owners should be responsible for their animals but it just doesn't mean much after the fact. If the owner were successfully prosecuted for murder, the nine year old would still be just as dead. Sue them for all they own, the little girl is still dead. Where this happened, the dogs were almost certainly trained to be aggressive. They could have been any of dozens of breeds with the same result.

I don't have the answers but like trying to solve a problem with a few people by gun laws, trying to solve a problem with a few people with dog laws isn't going to work either. Many municipalities that enacted dog laws have repealed them for various reasons, mostly because they didn't work.

Hu

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: