Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Two Simple Questions Elizabeth Warren Cannot, or Will Not, Answer About Her 'Native A
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Two Simple Questions Elizabeth Warren Cannot, or Will Not, Answer About Her 'Native A
Old
  (#1)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Two Simple Questions Elizabeth Warren Cannot, or Will Not, Answer About Her 'Native A - 08-25-2019, 05:14 AM

Two Simple Questions Elizabeth Warren Cannot, or Will Not, Answer About Her 'Native American' Fiasco

Guy Benson
Aug 22, 2019

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...-hoax-n2552015

Earlier this week, Elizabeth earned plaudits from her most devoted fans -- denizens
of elite coastal newsrooms -- for apologizing to Native Americans at a forum she
attended. The Massachusetts Senator acknowledged that she'd made "mistakes"
and caused "harm," but failed to detail what, specifically, those harmful mistakes
actually were. Her campaign also memory-holed her disastrous DNA stunt video,
which had been hailed by some in the press as brilliant when it was first released,
only to slide into the "problematic" column when (once again) genuine Native
Americans strongly objected to the nature of her supposed "proof." Out: This dodgy
evidence shows I was (1/64th to 1/1,024th) right all along! In: I'm really sorry for
unspecified errors. And so, for the umpteenth time, Warren is trying to put this
nagging controversy behind her. She can't do so, however, until she persuasively
and compellingly addresses two fundamental questions.

(1) Is she a Native American -- as in still, to this day? Her response to this has been
to deflect, instead answering different but related questions. She asserts that she is
not a member of a tribe, an about-face from her longtime claims of being a Cherokee,
and that she is not a woman of color. She was bludgeoned into the first reversal
under harsh criticism from real Cherokees. The second point is more perplexing.
Are Native Americans...not people of color? A Native American candidate forum
attendee seemed understandably and suitably confused during an appearance on
MSNBC:

“Is Elizabeth Warren going to be a woman of color?” a Native American woman
asked during an interview with MSNBC at the Sioux City forum. “She says she is
not,” an MSNBC reporter replied. “How can she say she’s not when she took a DNA
test stating she is?” the woman fired back. “So she’s either one of us or she’s not.”

Warren recently told a liberal podcaster that her supposed Native American identity is
"what I believe," but quickly emphasized the tribe and person of color caveats. But
setting those caveats off to the side, the core issue remains: Does Warren still
consider herself a Native American? Like, now, today. If so, based on what actual
evidence? And how does that square with saying that she's not a person of color? If
she says she no longer considers herself a Native American, that's a costly
admission that she exploited an inaccurate identity, either out of calculating malice or
insulting ignorance. If she says she is a Native American, we're back to the glaring
problem of, you know, evidence. So there's a reason why she is avoiding this
seemingly simple question. She knows it's a trap, and that she set it for herself.

(2) Why did she stop listing herself as a Native American just after securing tenure at
Harvard Law School? Warren claims that she did not gain any financial or
professional benefit from formally classifying herself as a racial minority in the 1980's
and 1990's, but powerful circumstantial evidence and common sense suggest that's
not true. Documents chronicle how she flipped from categorizing herself as a white
person to a Native American just months before she was hired into the Ivy League for
the first time, during a period in which elite institutions were under heavy fire for non
diverse faculties. She proceeded to continue to check the 'Native American' box in a
key professional directory, widely known to be consulted by hiring deans, for roughly
a decade -- abruptly ceasing this self-classification upon being granted a tenured
position at Harvard, the peak of her trajectory. I suppose Warren could concoct any
number of reasons why she began listing herself as a Native American when she did.
It's a lot harder to explain the highly suspicious timing of her reversion back to being
a white person. To my knowledge, she's only attempted to justify this incriminating
timeline once, and it was embarrassingly weak:

Warren's explanation to the Boston Herald was that she listed herself as a minority in
the hopes that she would be invited to a luncheon so she could meet "people who
are like I am" and she stopped checking the box when that didn't happen. Perhaps it
"didn't happen" because at no point, at any of the schools she attended or worked at,
is there any evidence that Warren ever joined any Native American organizations on
campus or in any way interacted with anyone in the Native American community.

Not only is this absurd-sounding on its face, it was directly refuted by real Native
Americans who were at Harvard contemporaneously:

Dr. Gavin Clarkson, a citizen of the Choctaw Nation who received both a doctorate
and a law degree from Harvard while Warren was a professor, says he "personally
invited" her three times to visit with Harvard's Native American Law Student
Association (NALSA), which he headed while attaining his dual degree. Warren, who
had identified as a minority in law professor directories and was touted by Harvard as
a Native American hire, never accepted his invites. "I was on campus at Harvard for
five years, from 1998 to 2003," Clarkson said. "Warren was identified in the AALS law
teacher directory as an American Indian faculty member." "Hi, we're the Native
American students on campus and it would be nice to meet the only Native American
professor on the faculty," was the message Clarkson was attempting to get across,
but he says he was dismissed by Warren every time.

Her initial explanation was silly and implausible. The refutation blows it out of the
water. So, really, why did Warren stop listing herself as a Native American when she
did? Warren should not be allowed to wriggle free from this scandal until she
convincingly, specifically, and thoroughly addresses both of the questions laid out
above. The most obvious explanation for her conduct is that she seized on dubious
family folklore at an opportune moment, in order to exploit diversity push for her own
personal advancement, dropping the unethical ruse as soon as it was no longer
useful to her. If there's stronger evidence that points in another direction, let's hear it.
The trouble for Warren, I think, is that she literally cannot answer these two
elementary questions in a satisfactory way, and that exculpatory evidence does not
exist.

Old
  (#2)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 05:30 AM

I can trace my dad's heritage in this country (or any country) back to 1706. My mom's I can only trace back to the early 1900's. It's not that hard, especially if there's something interesting like Native American relatives. Unless you are adopted or have a really screwed-up family, most people know their grandparents and even great grandparents. For her to claim Cherokee ancestry and NOT be able to point to where that came from was ALWAYS dishonest. Like all leftist and leftist mantras, she said it long enough to believe it, and even took a DNA test.

What's funny to watch is how she has taken that 1/1024 to prove her position, then denied it.

different levels of DNA testing
Old
  (#3)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

different levels of DNA testing - 08-25-2019, 07:04 AM

My siblings have had DNA testing for ancestry twice with vastly different results! Interestingly, neither test shows American Indian ancestry of any amount. While I have never claimed it I have seen the old family photograph of an American Indian lady in our family. I don't remember if she was Choctaw or Creek, possibly even one of the other tribes common to the area. It doesn't really matter, I am not concerned about a few drops of indian blood.

One DNA test denied and one confirmed ancestry my dad thought was his, Scot-Irish. However, when I researched it, I learned that Scot-Irish was a name given to people of an area after awhile regardless of national origin much like many consider me a cajun since I have lived in South Louisiana since birth with only short times away. Not being of French descent I don't claim the title.

Warren has fell into a deeper hole. Her family was in the area, one documented to have persecuted the Choctaw, another suspected to have, and most damningly of all for somebody that now claims the blood, some of her family squatted on the land stolen from the Choctaw!

Although she seems to have a few drops of American Indian blood, it is South American Indian, not any of the tribes that were in the same area as her family in the US. Like a nameless president that claimed foreign status when it was convenient, Warren claimed American Indian status to get a very plush job. Once she didn't need it anymore, the status went away. It emerges and disappears as convenient.

Hu

Old
  (#4)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 07:46 AM

Warren is ambitious and will say or do anything to aggregate power.

Old
  (#5)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-25-2019, 08:26 AM

Proving Native American ancestry through dna is difficult. There are a whole list of
problems with the tests for that and people don't take that into account. If you do a
little research you'll see that and I've posted links to it here before but they just get
ignored so go find the answers if you wanna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I can trace my dad's heritage in this country (or any country) back to 1706. My mom's I can only trace back to the early 1900's. It's not that hard, especially if there's something interesting like Native American relatives. Unless you are adopted or have a really screwed-up family, most people know their grandparents and even great grandparents. For her to claim Cherokee ancestry and NOT be able to point to where that came from was ALWAYS dishonest. Like all leftist and leftist mantras, she said it long enough to believe it, and even took a DNA test.

What's funny to watch is how she has taken that 1/1024 to prove her position, then denied it.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $5.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#6)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 08:31 AM

OK, prove it through written records. Prove it through actual family history. How about a name of a great, great grandparent. Saying you have high cheek bones is silly. Using it to gain an advantage over others is dishonest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
Proving Native American ancestry through dna is difficult. There are a whole list of
problems with the tests for that and people don't take that into account. If you do a
little research you'll see that and I've posted links to it here before but they just get

Old
  (#7)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
C'mon Robin.

Warren just admitted that she has made "mistakes" to a Native American forum.

Let me translate that for you.

I'm a lying POS that lied to further my academic career, and I will lie to get to the highest office in the land, unless I get caught lying and it becomes a liability to getting to the highest office.

That has a 1024/1024th's chance of being correct.

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Last edited by WGDave; 08-25-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Old
  (#8)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
OK, prove it through written records. Prove it through actual family history. How about a name of a great, great grandparent. Saying you have high cheek bones is silly. Using it to gain an advantage over others is dishonest.
Word of mouth is admissible in a family genealogy. Not every family has a written record but they have family stories.
I'm following family stories in my genealogical quest and finding out the family stories have validity.

336Robin

Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#9)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com

08-25-2019, 08:54 AM

If she repeated what was told to her, she's not lying she just can't prove it
through dna. Like I said there is difficulties proving NA dna because all of the tribes do not have a singular background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGDave View Post
C'mon Robin.

Warren just admitted that she has made "mistakes" to a Native American forum.

Let me translate that for you.

I'm a lying POS the lied to further my academic career, and I will lie to get to the highest office in the land, unless I get caught lying and it becomes a liability to getting to the highest office.

That has a 1024/1024th's chance of being correct.

336Robin

Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#10)
Alan
AzB Silver Member

08-25-2019, 08:59 AM

OK, what word? A name? Was the Native American a man or woman? From her mother's side of the family or father's? It was all B.S.
High cheek bones was all she had.
She's a Harvard Law Professor and can't tell fact from fiction. We'll, maybe I answered my own question/concern.

Quote:
Word of mouth is admissible in a family genealogy. Not every family has a written record but they have family stories.
I'm following family stories in my genealogical quest and finding out the family stories have validity.

Old
  (#11)
jimmyco
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 09:06 AM

Most Native Nations do not recognize DNA.

CIB or CDIB are needed for acceptance.

Warren is an idiot. What lies worked for her previously will most likely not benefit her now, if believed. What, or who does she think will see Native blood as any type of advantage?

Natives can be fiercely noninclusive.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#12)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com

08-25-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
OK, what word? A name? Was the Native American a man or woman? From her mother's side of the family or father's? It was all B.S.
High cheek bones was all she had.
She's a Harvard Law Professor and can't tell fact from fiction. We'll, maybe I answered my own question/concern.
The only answer your provide is your seething hatred and you use the
shortcomings of dna testing as a basis for justification for it. She very well may have
plenty NA and she may not have inherited the markers or enough of the markers. My
female cousin didn't test NA and I did. Same family with stories of Native American. My
male cousin did. Admit it that you don't know everything or do you?

336Robin

Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#13)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 09:21 AM

Just face it Robin.

Wonder Bread Warren is 'toast'.

Maybe Joe Biden will come along and tell everyone that "Warren is remarkably articulate for a Native American", and give her claims some validity?

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#14)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com

08-25-2019, 09:32 AM

Sure I can do that, but the Native American thing is a separate issue.

I don't like the field and would rather have Tom Steyer in it vs. the whole rest of them but that isn't likely to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGDave View Post
Just face it Robin.

Wonder Bread Warren is 'toast'.

Maybe Joe Biden will come along and tell everyone that "Warren is remarkably articulate for a Native American", and give her claims some validity?

336Robin

Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#15)
jimmyco
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
My female cousin didn't test NA and I did. Same family with stories of Native American.
Natives have enough to deal with stereotypes of severe myopia and rampant alcoholism.

Please stop claiming this, at least until your business card photo stops circulating the Internet.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: