Keno Pool

Dartman

Silver Member
I left the billiard supply business last year and went into making keno boards. The last place I played keno pool was a small room in Clarksville, TN and it was nonstop on 1 table. Just wondering if any of the members with rooms/bars have a keno board and if so is it played a lot in your place. I know the game is dated and any ideas on ways to bring the game back are appreciated.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
I left the billiard supply business last year and went into making keno boards. The last place I played keno pool was a small room in Clarksville, TN and it was nonstop on 1 table. Just wondering if any of the members with rooms/bars have a keno board and if so is it played a lot in your place. I know the game is dated and any ideas on ways to bring the game back are appreciated.

Everything comes in cycles. I think this would be a great game to introduce to younger players. Anything new, people want to try. I dont think I have seen one of these since I was a kid. I forgot all about them. I will be contacting you soon I am sure to get a nine foot board. Just want to get a little feedback from people first.

Last edited:

mark smith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keno

I remember (30 plus years ago) the old pool room where I grew up in Russell Springs Ky having what we all called a Keno board. If memory serves it was one of those games where the lesser player had a real chance to win. This has jogged my memory on another we game played using the pill bottle / pills, it was called Double Check and you did not have to make a ball to win, literally. I have a poolroom in Arkansas and I would consider giving a Keno board a try. Please post some pics if you have them.

Dartman

Silver Member
I remember (30 plus years ago) the old pool room where I grew up in Russell Springs Ky having what we all called a Keno board. If memory serves it was one of those games where the lesser player had a real chance to win. This has jogged my memory on another we game played using the pill bottle / pills, it was called Double Check and you did not have to make a ball to win, literally. I have a poolroom in Arkansas and I would consider giving a Keno board a try. Please post some pics if you have them.

It's actually a game where any player can win even if you never played pool before so look at it as fun for everyone and also as an occasional change of pace from regular pool games. Better players would quickly master the small nuances like banks and safes giving themselves somewhat of an advantage. We took the original rules and modified them so not only can you score points but lose points as well but more importantly one can take the basic rules and modify them however they want so the old "thats how we play it here" is alive and well. :D

Pic of a board for an 8' table is below. We make them for 7', 8' & 9' tables. There's a few videos on the website that give a visual on how the game is played - www.kenopoolgame.com

While my goal is to get some information and input about the game from room/bar owners around the country I realize some may want to pickup a board and if so please contact me personally by PM or phone (815) 218-9150 for dealer pricing if you own a billiard store or pool room.

keno_pool_board_8plg.jpg

Last edited:

Al-po

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still have the Keno board from our old pool room. We used to get like 6 players at a time playing this game. It was great for players that wanted to gamble but could not run more than 3 balls at a time. This is just a great game for a bunch of people to have fun and mess around. Its like Plinko on the price is right. Id love to see this make a come back.

Dartman

Silver Member
I still have the Keno board from our old pool room. We used to get like 6 players at a time playing this game. It was great for players that wanted to gamble but could not run more than 3 balls at a time. This is just a great game for a bunch of people to have fun and mess around. Its like Plinko on the price is right. Id love to see this make a come back.

Thats the idea. Time to dust off that board. :D

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keno pool is great, Rick has the best boards I ever saw. The ramp is perfect and the holes are the right size.

It should/could be in lots of rooms and bar's. And home rooms.

A lesser player does have a legit chance to win. I'would play anyone in the world Keno and have a chance.

Dartman

Silver Member
Does anybody make a 10FT keno board? If so please post info!

I make them for 7', 8' and 9' tables.
It would take some considerable programming of the CNC machine with extra holes to make one for a 10' table.
You might have a go at making your own if you have a table saw and a drill press.