Which table would you rather have?

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking to move up from my 7' legacy home table.

My room can fit an 8' easily, and an 8' oversize will just have a couple of spots 2" tight.

Some older 8' diamond pros came up pretty cheap, out of a bar. They may need a refinish.

Should I jump on one of those or wait until an 8' oversize gold crown shows up at a good price?

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I'd go with the diamond, they play great and it looks like you're already cutting it close with an 8-footer in that room.

liakos

Banned
I say go for the 9 either way! Triple shim the pockets and in a few months, when you go out to play on normal tables, the pockets will look like buckets;)

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol, yah 9' is out of the question in there. I do have shorter sticks, though (couple of jumps, and a 48" for my daughter).

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
I would also suggest going for the 8' table (and even more so if it's a Diamond that still plays well). Pushing the limits with an 8' Oversize will cause a lot of frustration. Best of luck!

-Blake

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Robertson's Billiard Supply of Tampa is actually clearing out their old stock in a sale here. I mean its a sale sale, not like an advertised sale or anything. Inquire to see if its still on-going. I have heard that they are selling 8 and 9 footers for hundreds.

http://www.robertsonbilliards.com/

I hear they are older tables that have dings and dust and dirt on them, but hey, they do make a good table.

Regards,

Lesh

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robertson's Billiard Supply of Tampa is actually clearing out their old stock in a sale here. I mean its a sale sale, not like an advertised sale or anything. Inquire to see if its still on-going. I have heard that they are selling 8 and 9 footers for hundreds.

http://www.robertsonbilliards.com/

I hear they are older tables that have dings and dust and dirt on them, but hey, they do make a good table.

Regards,

Lesh

I'm from Tampa, so I'm familiar with them, but shipping to TX would suck.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Robertson's is where I got my one tournament used Valley. They delivered it, covered my new Ridgeback rails and installed them, leveled table, broke down old valley and carted away, all for way under $900, and did a great job. Johnnyt

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a 8' table before I removed some walls in the basement and went to a 9' Diamond. If there are any limitations at all presented by the 8 footer, I'd stay with 7'. Or trade in what you have for a 7' Diamond. When is the last time you saw any professionals play a tournament on a 8' table?

Whichever direction you go, just consider how fortunate you are to have any table at home that you can play virtually any time you want. Any way you slice it, more hours practicing on any table is good for you.

dopop62

Registered
Diamond 8' tables

Years ago all standard 8' tables had a playing area (measured rail nose to rail nose)
of 46" X 92". Now the standard 8' table measures 44" X 88" and the oversize is
46" X 92".

I've never seen a Diamond 8' table, but I've heard they measure 45" X 90" (playing
surface-nose to nose). That would put the Diamond in the middle of the others and
might help you some with the limited area for the table. Something to think about
and check out. I could have been misinforned about the measurements.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I've decided to snag that Diamond 8 footer, and I'm getting Cuephoric to install it.

I know the rails have changed over the years on diamonds, I'm hoping this one will play like the newer ones.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I've decided to snag that Diamond 8 footer, and I'm getting Cuephoric to install it.

I know the rails have changed over the years on diamonds, I'm hoping this one will play like the newer ones.

If it's a red label table, the rails are different, but both Red & Blue label tables play better than any 8' Brunswick home table you could find!

Apparently they do make 8' blue label tables!
http://www.pooltablesflorida.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DIAMOND-Pro-Am-8FT