Black Friday 10 Ball Tournament (Corr & Shuff)

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Congat's to Karen Corr and Brandon Shuff for their 1st place finish in the Black Friday 10 Ball Tournament in Cockeyesville, MD. They decided to not play the final match as it was already ~4:00 am Saturday morning. Karen was in the hot seat and Brandon was coming from the one loss side (Karen beat Brandon in the hot seat match). Strong field of ~48 players that included Mike Davis, Shawn Wilkie, Matt Krah, Dan Madden, Brent Stottlemeyer, Tony Long and a lot of other great regional talent.

Wedge

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to see Karen playing at the top of her game. 4am? No tournaments should be playing at 4am...PERIOD!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Well if pool was a little more lucrative (beating a dead horse here) then rather than having tournaments starting in the afternoon when people are able to skip out of work. They could be started earlier in the day like normal events are.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
It's a one day tournament, and advertised as such, and everyone knew it would run very late. Everyone still has a weekend for personal/family stuff, but we are all groggy after the marathon.

I think Rick Miller (tournament director) and Trevor Dentz (owner of pool hall) did a great job to keep it moving at a good pace. Not too much waiting for matches considering they had only 9 tables.

Very tough field which makes getting into the money more sweet. :grin:

Nice to see Karen playing at the top of her game. 4am? No tournaments should be playing at 4am...PERIOD!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Beetle

It's a one day tournament, and advertised as such, and everyone knew it would run very late. Everyone still has a weekend for personal/family stuff, but we are all groggy after the marathon.

I think Rick Miller (tournament director) and Trevor Dentz (owner of pool hall) did a great job to keep it moving at a good pace. Not too much waiting for matches considering they had only 9 tables.

Very tough field which makes getting into the money more sweet. :grin:

DO you know if the brackets and/or results are anywhere on line?

Thanks and have a great Holiday season

Frank

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
DO you know if the brackets and/or results are anywhere on line?

Thanks and have a great Holiday season

Frank

Sorry, like you, I only know of the top 3. Hopefully Rick Miller will post them. I think he mentioned he will get the brackets posted, which would be great. Always nice to review all the matches after a tournament. Happy holidays!

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched on the live-stream and that was a tough tournament.

T.J. Moore was probably got 4th if Mike Davis got 3rd.

I watched T.J. and Brett. T.J. just took advantage of Brett...LOL:thumbup:

He played real good.

Earlier Jason Kochenour played good. I don't know how many

players showed up but it looked like a good field especially since there

were at least three other tournaments within 50 miles of that one.

Oh...just read there were 44 players and there was a calcutta. Started at 11AM.

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup:

So without further delay, here is are the results:

1st - 2nd - Karen Corr and Brandon Shuff (Split)
3rd - Mike Davis
4th Chuck Roth
5th - 6th Tom Zippler
TJ Moore
7-8th Dave Beagle
Trevor Dentz
9-12th
Steve Lingafelter
Tony Long
Brett Stottlemyer
Matt Krah

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Thanks

:thumbup:

3rd - Mike Davis
4th Chuck Roth
5th - 6th Tom Zippler
TJ Moore
7-8th Dave Beagle
Trevor Dentz
9-12th
Steve Lingafelter
Tony Long
Brett Stottlemyer
Matt Krah

Appreciate the update...well done!

Wedge

rickwen186

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Results and Thank Yous

Sorry everyone. I essentially slept all of Saturday away and Sunday caught up on things around the house. Here are the results and some words I posted on Facebook a little bit ago. And thanks for all the kind words above, but the players and the room owner (Trevor Dentz) deserve the credit.

So another Black Friday Marathon is in the books and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Everyone for coming. Special thanks to Trevor Dentz who really put alot of cash behind this event to make the playing conditions, atmosphere and payouts nothing short of excellent. Trevor is a new pool room owner in the Cockeysville Md area and I am proud of the way the players at this tournament "showed up" and played some world class pool and conducted themselves with the utmost class. Given the players who came, I was not surprised.

I also wanted to thank, Mike Davis, Brett Stottlemyer, Matt Krah and Shaun Wilkie for allowing us to advertise with their image on the flier. Your games are well respected which is why your image has value. I appreciate that contribution with no request for compensation.

3rd - Mike Davis
4th Chuck Roth
5th - 6th Tom Zippler
TJ Moore
7-8th Dave Beagle
Trevor Dentz
9-12th
Steve Lingafelter
Tony Long
Brett Stottlemyer
Matt Krah

rickwen186

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brackets

Unfortunately, brackets are not possible with my current software but i will be looking to address that shortcoming in subsequent events.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congat's to Karen Corr and Brandon Shuff for their 1st place finish in the Black Friday 10 Ball Tournament in Cockeyesville, MD. They decided to not play the final match as it was already ~4:00 am Saturday morning. Karen was in the hot seat and Brandon was coming from the one loss side (Karen beat Brandon in the hot seat match). Strong field of ~48 players that included Mike Davis, Shawn Wilkie, Matt Krah, Dan Madden, Brent Stottlemeyer, Tony Long and a lot of other great regional talent.

Wedge

That is strong playing from Karen. Was this streamed and if so is it archived anywhere?

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Not Sure

That is strong playing from Karen. Was this streamed and if so is it archived anywhere?

The match between Karen and Brandon where she put him in the losers bracket was live streamed. You would have to ask Trevor or one of the other folks that posted if they archived it.

Wedge

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The match between Karen and Brandon where she put him in the losers bracket was live streamed. You would have to ask Trevor or one of the other folks that posted if they archived it.

Wedge

Thanks for the reply.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was streamed on ustream.. I'll have to ask rick if it was archived. It was nothing fancy. he set up a single camera on his own and just had it running all day. No commentating or sound.