Getting ready to maybe break tradition ...

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Masters recently came out with a new color chalk, Sky Blue. It blends in perfectly with the 860 Powder Blue cloth. Just about zero visible chalk marks.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tournament blue is my favorite then green, worst I have ever played on was black. Once I played on a combination of black bed and red rails, school colors ( Northern IL).

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When shooting a long shot on a Green cloth, you say, "Lots of Green."

When shooting a long shot on a Wine cloth, you say, "Lots of Wine."

It can help distract a drunk who's about to beat you on your own table.

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
B

I highly reccomend the tournament blue 860 simonis
Have on the home table. Wears and plays great.

Keith in Colorado

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I completely disagree with the optical fatigue thing some have mentioned. I play on green diamonds several hours a week and never have an issue. I am more likely to have an eye issue playing on the blue cloth.

I'm the same way. For some reason, green cloth seems to be easier on my eyes, than the blue.

Go figure....

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The blue shows wear faster than the green and the blue plays a heck of a lot faster than does the green.

The first Diamond Pro I owned had Blue, sold it to MattB shortly after a recover. I now own a new Diamond Pro (blue label) and nothing but Green will be on that baby.

Shughes13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tuesday I'm getting Simonis tourney blue.....that's what pool is going to and it looks a lot better.

dopop62

Registered
cloth colors

The last time my home table was recovered I used the 'old' blue-green 860 Simonis.
I used the word 'old' because it is the only color used in my home area some fifty-
plus years ago. It's somewhat more green than blue. I am well pleased with it.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
If I were you I would go with the Tournament Burgundy!!!! I found some pink chalk in a Valley practice table I just bought, I can send it to you if you would like.:smile:

A couple years ago I went with the traditional green on my Gold Crown, I am getting ready to have it recovered soon, I may go Tournament Blue. To me it just seems like Blue belongs on Diamonds and green belongs on Gold Crowns.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colour choice depends on what factors you have to consider.
If you only concearn is the best possible conditions, tournament blue is unbeatable.
But for most peope, the pool table is a big piece of furniture and thats why Simmonis have so many colours to choose from.
Grey, slate and tan, are all colours wich will blend in to most interiors.

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I end up playing on both. Green at home and on the 7' tables in league. At another place I play tournaments they switched to light blue. I think my eyes like the green better; but the blue is ok too. When I get recovered at home I'll stay with the green. Saw a table once with black cloth that had a big Harley logo in the center. Looked nice but would have been tough to play on.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I when I changed my cloth from green Simonis to Tournament Blue, the increased brightness was very noticeable. I like it a lot.

Gideon

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
God invented cloth and made it green. He made chalk, and made it blue.

I initially opted for 860 Blue/Green. In a year, I was so sick of it, I swapped it out for Simonis Green.

I personally think it's a fad; eye fatigue or not as a flimsy excuse. At best, only marginally documented.

GC maybe. Anything older has to be absolutely, positively green.

Yes, I also think that cars are supposed to be black, while houses should be white! :wave2:

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
OK ... I think I'm ready to move to Simonis 860 Tournament Blue from I don't even know green, lol. I've cleaned my table many ways over the years but was never really too concerned about the cloth. Any recommendations now that I'm getting the good stuff?

Banks

Banned
SIMONIS-X1

Is this device really worth the money or is it just BS hype? Kinda pricey so looking for some input.

I can't remember where i saw it.. maybe the table maint section. There's a post about the proper way to clean simonis. X-1 is ok, but a regular vacuuming will do a good job.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
If I were you I would go with the Tournament Burgundy!!!! I found some pink chalk in a Valley practice table I just bought, I can send it to you if you would like.:smile:

A couple years ago I went with the traditional green on my Gold Crown, I am getting ready to have it recovered soon, I may go Tournament Blue. To me it just seems like Blue belongs on Diamonds and green belongs on Gold Crowns.

hey now,...
I like them all. I do think Tournament Blue on s Black Crown looks nice; as well as Green on a Diamond.
I'll always come home to green though.