$57,000 Ballpark Village 9-Ball Invitational in St. Louis,11/27-12/1/2018

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Hilton is directly across the street from the venue and the tournament rates will be only $99/night and $89/night for players. Not bad for a double room at a nice Hilton Hotel. The players lounge at Ballpark Village will look like this!

Attachments

• IMG_7832.jpg
    IMG_7832.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 529

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Rob,
Thanks for the great introduction.....sounds like a stellar event.
Stellar location. I watched Mark Wilson's Mosconi Cup team event at Ballpark Village,
and the excitement was crazy good.
And particularly glad to see it is on 9-foot tables!

Any update on registered players yet?
I know it is still early, but getting the player names public as soon as you can is a good thing.
I hope all is going well.....lotsa work involved.
Wishing you the very best.

Will Prout

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a 64-man invitational event in St. Louis, $500 entry fee.

What caught my attention is the contact for tis event is Rob Sykora. I remember him from many years ago. He was the owner of BCN, Billiard Club Network. He was very nice to me at tournaments.

Nice to see a brand-new pool happening in the middle of the country instead of Vegas for a change.

Read more here: https://www.ballparkvillage9ball.com/

Here you go! $500 entry fee with 25K added. That will work!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Website says it's postponed :confused:

Two months ago, Mark Griffin announced that the 2018 US Open Straight Pool Championship would be held Nov. 15-18. That would have conflicted with the Ballpark Village event's dates (now postponed). But I can't find any mention of the 2018 US Open event on CSI's website. So I now wonder whether it is on or off.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two months ago, Mark Griffin announced that the 2018 US Open Straight Pool Championship would be held Nov. 15-18. That would have conflicted with the Ballpark Village event's dates (now postponed). But I can't find any mention of the 2018 US Open event on CSI's website. So I now wonder whether it is on or off.

I'd bet my dollars to your doughnuts the postponement had nothing to do with the US Open Straight pool. That even has had about 20 players in it for the past few years. There would have been no conflict. I'd go even as far as saying I doubt the St Luis promoter even knew of Griffin's event.

Its probably just another case of the promoters not having all of their act together. Same old same old.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
This sounds like they want this to be a really big really nice even. As such I bet there are a lot of moving pieces to figure out especially for a first time event. I suspect figuring those things out has something to do with the postponement.

Regardless of whether this even happens, and I hope it does, there is something to be said for holding more big tournaments here in the midwest. The DCC is held right here in Indiana, and while there are many reasons why it has flourished one of those not to be overlooked is the accessibility of getting (airports and major interstate highways) here and the lower cost of hotel rooms and food compared to bigger coastal cities. More midwest pool please.

Dustin_J

Commence the Jigglin!
Silver Member
What a bummer - I live about 10 minutes from Ballpark Village and was really hoping this would happen. Fingers crossed that is still does - but we all know how that tends to go.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Would have been a great event.
Adios.
Hasta lasagna, don't get any on ya.

Will Prout

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I just saw this. The US Straight Pool Championship will take place as announced. It will be affordable for everyone to play. More info coming next week.

Mark Griffin