Best Vacuum Model For Pool Tables

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I was wondering if any of you pool room owners could provide me with some solid advice about the brand and model of vacuum that you have been most satisfied with.
Thanks,
JoeyA

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
JoeyA,
We like the hand help shark for our tables. It has the power to get all the fuzzies up and does not grap or scare the felt. A really good choice in my opinion.
Thanx,
Jim

Purdman

Banned
J&D CUSTOMS said:
JoeyA,
We like the hand help shark for our tables. It has the power to get all the fuzzies up and does not grap or scare the felt. A really good choice in my opinion.
Thanx,
Jim

Hey Jim, which model? Cordless?
Purdman:cool:

poolhall maven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
J&D CUSTOMS said:
JoeyA,
Thanx,
Jim

I burned up the motor on the shark within a couple months. Then I bought the dirt devil (recommended by others on the main forum) and felt the brushes were too hard on the cloth. I used the roomba which was cool, I'd put it on the table and turn it loose. But it is not designed to continuously bump into the rails and I ended up breaking that, had it repaired and broke it again.
Now I use an upright bissel, with a long hose and an attachments. It is bagless and I keep the filters clean. It seems to work really well.
Tracy

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
Purdman,
It is the corded model that has a small handle to be used as an upright for those quick pick ups. We have had good luck with it.
Thanx,
Jim

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
I was wondering if any of you pool room owners could provide me with some solid advice about the brand and model of vacuum that you have been most satisfied with.
Thanks,
JoeyA

Joey, I purchased a Kirby, the thing will suck a Golf Ball through a Garden Hose or even Spaghetti through a screen door:eek: :D . With all the attachments you can get into every crack and crevasse, IE under the rails, in the pockets and any other cleaning you need to accomplish.;)

I also purchased a separate non-rotating brush attachment just for my tables, to stop any dirt from the floors being brought up onto the cloth.

Kerby's while expensive, have a life time guaranty, so to buy one, is one shot one kill.

Seriously though these are really great machines, with all the suction they really deep clean and remove the finest chalk in the cloth.:)

highrun55

can`t make a ball anymore
Silver Member
Table Vacuum

JoeyA said:
Thanks,
JoeyA

At my pool room I use the cordless shark vac with a home made brush attachment i made out of used vac parts. I use it daily and then once or twice a week i use a garage vac i bought. it has a long enough hose to do all 8 tables, around the chairs, ashtrays etc.
I have it mounted on a two wheeled push cart for mobility if needed.
I can vacuum my car from the back door, cool.

spw62

BE COOL PLAY POOL
Silver Member
Table Vacs

I have tryed just about Every Brand of Vac out there and found what i think is the best for getting the job done.

All 48 tables get done with:
View attachment 36347
View attachment 36348 I have Brushes For sale.

the Eureka Boss series Vacs with a special brush attachment with Notched bristles ideal for Pool Tables.
Its made from nonmarking Rubber and gets under the rails and we have used this setup for over 10 years.

All The Floors over 20,000 SF get done with Oreck Vacs:
View attachment 3635028" Wide ComVac
View attachment 36349Weighs only 8 lbs.

The Oreck XL2000RH & The Oreck ComVac
The Com Vac has Grooming chevron brush
Floating brush barrier
Balanced extruded brush roller
Rugged 360° front swivel wheels for short turning radius
5-position height adjustment
Cord wrap
Fold-down handle
Dust retentive felt, heavy-duty outer filter
Welded steel frame in structural foam housing
Industrial quality universal motor with cast metal fan
Protective wrap-around bumper guards
Top-Fill system eliminates clogging

Last edited:

JoeyA

Silver Member
spw62 said:
I have tryed just about Every Brand of Vac out there and found what i think is the best for getting the job done.

All 48 tables get done with:
View attachment 36347
View attachment 36348 I have Brushes For sale.

the Eureka Boss series Vacs with a special brush attachment with Notched bristles ideal for Pool Tables.
Its made from nonmarking Rubber and gets under the rails and we have used this setup for over 10 years.
The Oreck XL2000RH & The Oreck ComVac
The Com Vac has Grooming chevron brush
Floating brush barrier
Balanced extruded brush roller
Rugged 360° front swivel wheels for short turning radius
5-position height adjustment
Cord wrap
Fold-down handle
Dust retentive felt, heavy-duty outer filter
Welded steel frame in structural foam housing
Industrial quality universal motor with cast metal fan
Protective wrap-around bumper guards
Top-Fill system eliminates clogging
\

Are the brushes on the Eureka Boss ROTATING BRUSHES?
THANKS,
jOEYa

spw62

BE COOL PLAY POOL
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
\

Are the brushes on the Eureka Boss ROTATING BRUSHES?
THANKS,
jOEYa

No the brush is not rotating on the Boss.
I dont use the tool that is shown on the vac in the pic on the pool tables
I use the special brush in the pic shown.

JoeyA

Silver Member
manwon said:
Joey, I purchased a Kirby, the thing will suck a Golf Ball through a Garden Hose or even Spaghetti through a screen door:eek: :D . With all the attachments you can get into every crack and crevasse, IE under the rails, in the pockets and any other cleaning you need to accomplish.;)

I also purchased a separate non-rotating brush attachment just for my tables, to stop any dirt from the floors being brought up onto the cloth.

Kerby's while expensive, have a life time guaranty, so to buy one, is one shot one kill.

Seriously though these are really great machines, with all the suction they really deep clean and remove the finest chalk in the cloth.:)

Which model Kirby do you use?
Thanks,
JoeyA

mark smith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pro-Team Quarter Vac (it is a back pack model). with a 100 ft extension cord and a couple of attachments i can do 20 pool tables, under chairs, and spot vac 6000 square feet in about 20 minutes. also good for cigarette butts on the parking lot. i gave $600 (i think) about 14 years ago. we have burned up 3 or 4 motors and several switches. i would definitely buy another one if this one were no longer serviceable.

Mark Smith
Mark Smith Custom Cues / Beezers Fine Billiards
Russellville, Arkansas 479-970-0056

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
mark smith said:
Pro-Team Quarter Vac (it is a back pack model). with a 100 ft extension cord and a couple of attachments i can do 20 pool tables, under chairs, and spot vac 6000 square feet in about 20 minutes. also good for cigarette butts on the parking lot. i gave $600 (i think) about 14 years ago. we have burned up 3 or 4 motors and several switches. i would definitely buy another one if this one were no longer serviceable.

Mark Smith
Mark Smith Custom Cues / Beezers Fine Billiards
Russellville, Arkansas 479-970-0056

Now that what I call clean! A guy that vacuums the parking lot :)

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dirt Devil

poolhall maven said:
I burned up the motor on the shark within a couple months. Then I bought the dirt devil (recommended by others on the main forum) and felt the brushes were too hard on the cloth. I used the roomba which was cool, I'd put it on the table and turn it loose. But it is not designed to continuously bump into the rails and I ended up breaking that, had it repaired and broke it again.
Now I use an upright bissel, with a long hose and an attachments. It is bagless and I keep the filters clean. It seems to work really well.
Tracy

I had purchase a Dirt Devil Hand Vac(corded) and I did not like it at all. I too thought the brushes were to harsh. However, I swiped my wife's Dirt Devil "Can Vac" (which is a pig style vac) that has a hose and brush attachment that works great. I can't find another one though. If anyone knows were I can get one please share the love.;) It may save my marriage:eek: .

Ray