Kamui chalk question

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was under the impression that the .98 version was before the recall and that the 1.21 version was after the recall. I notice on Ozone that they are marketing the two versions as two different "styles" of chalk. Having never used it, I was wondering if anyone really notices a difference between the two versions.

They market the .98 for "extreme shooting" and the 1.21 version for "consistent playability". Not really sure what this means as personally I would like a chalk that I can use a lot of english when needed and is still consistent, but apparently I have to choose, heh.

Is there really a difference?

I know a lot of people have hatred for 30 dollar chalk and that is fine, I'm only asking because I had no idea that they were formulated for different styles of play.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Kamui Chalk ...

They're 2 separate versions ,,there was a recall on 0.98 cause it was falling to pieces after it went from hot to cold,hot to cold.. They've since fixed that problem ,and its still the 0.98 chalk, different packaging now.
If you have 0.98 un-opened they're accepting returns for the updated 0.98..

When I was down the S.B.E. this past March, I stopped @ the Kamui booth, and spoke with John Bertone..

He had the Kamui chalk 0.98 ,as well as the 1.21 ..

I got the chance to test out the 1.21, and I found it to be grittier in comparison to 0.98..

1.21 doesn't last quite as long as 0.98, nor does it go on as smoothly as 0.98, yet the price of both 1.21 & 0.98 are the same..

I've too, always felt $30 for a single piece of chalk is ridiculous , but if I had to determine which of the 2 Kamui chalks are the best, I'd go with the 0.98..

I believe if the 0.98 is priced @ $30 ,then the 1.21 shouldn't be more than $20 ..

As for my preference in chalk , I like Masters & Blue Diamond, which are priced very reasonably..

Though the truth of the matter is , I have a cube of Kamui 0.98, and it is the Best chalk I've ever tried.

Last edited:

M4verick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was down the S.B.E. this past March, I stopped @ the Kamui booth, and spoke with John Bertone..

Sorry for the OT but I watched the TAR podcast with this guy and thought, isn't this guy making cases too ?

Lol, I got confused :)