another "which cue of these 2" thread

SeabrookMiglla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey AZ Billiards,

I am in the market for a new cue and have narrowed down my options to these two items:

http://www.budgetcues.com/schon-pool-cue-cx01.htm

http://www.budgetcues.com/meucci-pool-cue-rev-1.htm

The only thing keeping me from making my final decision is that i have never played with a Schon before. Although I have always heard they make quality products, as opposed to Meucci whos operations have been receiving some negative reviews from fellow players as of late. But I have shot with the Rev 1 with the Black Dot Shaft and I liked it. Any advice before making my final purchase?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey AZ Billiards,

I am in the market for a new cue and have narrowed down my options to these two items:

http://www.budgetcues.com/schon-pool-cue-cx01.htm

http://www.budgetcues.com/meucci-pool-cue-rev-1.htm

The only thing keeping me from making my final decision is that i have never played with a Schon before. Although I have always heard they make quality products, as opposed to Meucci whos operations have been receiving some negative reviews from fellow players as of late. But I have shot with the Rev 1 with the Black Dot Shaft and I liked it. Any advice before making my final purchase?

buy the schon
budgetcues on their home page seems to imply they have a 90 day return policy
call and ask them about the return policy
this way you get to play with it
i cant comment on either cue from experience but by reputation you rarely hear anything negative about schon cues

RunEm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon hands down. The schon plays better, feels better, looks better, and is built better!

SeabrookMiglla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the feedback!

I've got some deciding to do, but I'm leaning a bit more towards the Schon. i really like how the Rev 1 looks though, but the Schon looks pretty nice too!

Muziq

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too would say to go with the Schon. I've never owned a Meucci or a Schon but have had various opportunities to play for long periods of time with both and can honestly say the feel of the Schon is totally better in my opinion. I love it's balance too.

RunEm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too would say to go with the Schon. I've never owned a Meucci or a Schon but have had various opportunities to play for long periods of time with both and can honestly say the feel of the Schon is totally better in my opinion. I love it's balance too.

I've owned both schon by far better only cue I've liked more then a schon is my ob and I don't eveen know if I like it more! Get the schon ull love it!

Kaptivative

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to a local billiard supply store and hit a few balls with a schon before buying it because it has a drastically different feel to it than does the Meucci.

If you like a cue that has:
1. a medium hit with a lot of flex
2. a high amount of action on the cueball
3. and is beautiful

go with the Meucci.

If you like a cue that has:
1. a hard/stiff/rigid hit with very little flex
2. a medium/medium high amount of action on the cueball
3. and is beautiful and will hold its value a longer time (great for selling it to another AZBilliards family member)

go with the schon.

*A note of CAUTION*
I have a friend that shoots with a "cheap" rage cue, with a good tip, and produces a monster number of 9-ball runouts with regularity. This guy shoots like a young Earl Strickland (without the attitude).

With that in mind, I advise you to go with the one that fits your game the most because that is the one that will produce the high amount of coveted "runouts" we all strive for every time at the table. Good luck!:D

Last edited:

Muziq

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell me about your OB-120

I've owned both schon by far better only cue I've liked more then a schon is my ob and I don't eveen know if I like it more! Get the schon ull love it!

How do you like the OB-120? Which OB shaft did you get?

Muziq

RunEm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you like the OB-120? Which OB shaft did you get?

Muziq

I love my ob 120 I'm glad I picked it over the 121 I think it looks nicer that's just me! The hit is very firm, crisp lots of feed back very well balanced very low deflection! I went with the classic cuz I like a bigger mm tip! If ur thinking of getting one I say got for it! I can make a lot of shots I could not before its great!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the feedback!

I've got some deciding to do, but I'm leaning a bit more towards the Schon. i really like how the Rev 1 looks though, but the Schon looks pretty nice too!

If you are going by looks, does not matter what you get.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Schon Cue

Did you pick up a Schon CX series yet. I have a new unused CX69 for sale if you are interested.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Own a Schon and........

I love my Runde Schon and have owned it since 1985. But if I had to pick, I'd get the Meucci because a wood faced joint plays exceptionally well and the feel of the wood joint is amazing. Schon's 5/16x14 steel joint plays rock hard and the feel of the Meucci would be sweet.