Most Watched Players

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am curious to see who the community finds most interesting or exciting to watch.

The player maybe just plain exciting to watch or because you are trying to learn from their play/form.

Please share who your favorite players are to watch and perhaps what games you like to watch them in.

I know many won't agree with me, but I love watching the German pros play. Ralf Souquet and Throsten Hohmann playing pretty much any game are just plain perfect in their form and execution.

Scott Frost playing one pocket is exciting. I learn so many new shots watching this guy play.

Who do you like to watch play?

Scratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always learn from watching Earl play. Just have to use the mute feature sometimes:grin-square:

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I haven't watched the pros play a whole lot, but when I have seen them in person, Efren and Earl are very nice to watch.

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be honest I love watching Mika play. To my eye his stroke and position play are about as perfect as you can get.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I like watching Shane, every time I see that break I'm still just baffled and amazed.
and I'm always watching closely to figure out how to copy it. I also like his sort of non-mechanical stroke.
Looks very fluid, he trusts it totally and never jabs or cinches balls.

Love watching Corey to see if he'll do something weird and creative, or just pull off some sick
stroke shot. He seems lost in the world of 10b though, I've seen him try to figure out a soft break
for it, and in one tournament he broke using a bridge the whole time.

I only watch earl to see if he'll get into a fight anymore. I've given up hope he'll turn into 1990's Earl
and just dominate the match.

I also like watching the Germans, and also mika. They don't show much emotion but their form,
cue ball, decisionmaking, and all the extras like jumps, kicks, breaks, are so textbook and perfect.

Like watching Efren knowing I'll see at least one very creative, intelligent shot, but it depresses me
when he loses.

In straight pool I always liked watching John Schmidt and Thorsten.

Lately I've come to enjoy dennis, he's more of a 'scientist' than I thought, his soft break + pattern racking
is genius and I like seeing how careful he is to always always always be on the right side of the ball,
and only pick the safest possible routes for the cue ball. His game is so simple looking you can
never imagine him failing to get out.

dopop62

Registered
Still love to watch him..

Ever since I saw Efren Reyes play some twenty-five years ago I have enjoyed
watching him. I've tried to duplicate some of the things he does (without much
success).

I would still rather watch him practice than most others play..even though at
nearly fifty-nine years of age, he is still a threat to any player at any game.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it pretty hard to watch pool. I'd almost always rather play crappy pool than watch good pool.

That said: Earl is my favorite...anything prior to y2k, preferrably.

Current folks, I like Pagulayan and Corey. the Pags for his execution- he almost always does exactly what he wants to and for Corey, his creativity.

gentleman789

Straight Pool Player
Silver Member
I really like to watch Earl when he's on fire...that's about as good as it gets...

Also like watching Corey and Efren in One Pocket...super interesting and so creative both of them...

I like Thorsten and Oliver in straight pool...

Chris Melling probably best stroke in the world...love to watch him...

Darren probably best position play a t the moment...very interesting to see his patterns...I also like him playing straight pool...he's in my top 5 in the world straight pool players...

My personal favourite to watch in any game is Andreas Roschkowsky....watching him is like pure talent jumping up on your face...I'm such a fan :grin:

Edit: I love Alex's style and attitude to watch....so entertaining...

Last edited:

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alcano ever since he played about perfect pool against Shaw on that table at Hard Times and Deuel for his creativity.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to go in two different directions.

For entertainment purposes, I like to watch who I'm a fan of. SVB for overall skills. Corey Deuel for creative shot making, etc.

For me playing better - I watch a lot of pool, regardless of players. One thing I have noticed, is after watching Allison Fisher, my game immediately after goes up a little bit. To me she has the most pure, consistent mechanics. I don't know that I've ever seen her jump up on a shot, change to a give up stroke, or anything else.

I don't emulate her as I don't get as far down on the cue as she does, but watching her for an hour seems to put me in that mechanics zone.

And for the record, I am a male.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I can't think of a pro I don't enjoy watching. Even Earl. :grin-square:

Two favorites are SVB, because, well...he's Shane. Best 10 ball break in the biz.

The other Rodney Morris. Even though the pressure is on,he plays like a guy out having a few beers with friends, fast and loose.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
The usual suspects: Shane, Dennis, Alex, Efren, Busty

And Alison and Gerda.

Freddie <~~~ oh yeah, I'm a male, too!!!

HomerJay20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to go in two different directions.

For entertainment purposes, I like to watch who I'm a fan of. SVB for overall skills. Corey Deuel for creative shot making, etc.

For me playing better - I watch a lot of pool, regardless of players. One thing I have noticed, is after watching Allison Fisher, my game immediately after goes up a little bit. To me she has the most pure, consistent mechanics. I don't know that I've ever seen her jump up on a shot, change to a give up stroke, or anything else.

I don't emulate her as I don't get as far down on the cue as she does, but watching her for an hour seems to put me in that mechanics zone.

And for the record, I am a male.

Absolutely Agree!!! I'm a guy, but I copy a lot of what Allison does. She's technically sound in everything stroke and she also carries herself well after bad shots or losses. Two things I find myself doing after watching her a lot is staying down on the shot until the ball drops and also a healthy pause before forward stroke.