table rates?

wendyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what is your standard table rate? for 1 person? 2 persons? 3 persons? 3 or more persons?
do you charge each player in a group that rate or a group table rate
inquiring minds want to know what the average rates might be.
thanks!

ignomirello

Tony IGGY
Silver Member

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
Free from 11am to 7pm, then on Sunday thru Thursday play all night for 5 dollars.

The only night we charge more, is Friday and Saturday, 5 dollars an hour, no matter how many players.

The bar keeps the doors open.

StuartTKelley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Free from 11am to 7pm, then on Sunday thru Thursday play all night for 5 dollars.

The only night we charge more, is Friday and Saturday, 5 dollars an hour, no matter how many players.

The bar keeps the doors open.

Wow, that sounds more than reasonable! I'm sure that's appreciated by all. Our local room gives APA players 5 dollar an hour rates for the table no matter how many involved. A select group of us have been playing free for many years after initially paying full price for the first few years at this establishment. The owner changed it up on us and though we aren't happy about it, 5 bucks an hour is pretty cheap!! Gotta pay to play!

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fuscos The SpoT, always Per person,1 hr min and pay by min. after first hr.
Main room 9's and bartables
M-F, 11am - 6pm, $3 per hr
S -S 11am - 6pm $4.50
M-TH. 6pm - close $4.50
F-Sun 6pm-close $5
Seniors 65+, active /retired public service, fire/police/military/paramedics pay $3 hr anytime.

brainbyte

Registered
Rates

Rates are driven by your business plan. Your cost of operation and expected net profit will be the determining factor on what rate to charge. You need to include all expected revenue items such as food, drinks and any other sales on the revenue side. You will find that table time alone will not make it unless you own the property with small mortgage.
You need to develop a cost analysis plan before you begin investing.
This will tell you if your plan for a room is financially viable.

Your plan must include research of local ordinances and restrictions....this will be a killer if you do not give it priority in the inital planning. I know this from personal experience....had everything ready to go and was denid a business license due to zoning and other restrictions....lesson learned.

Good luck

melsmith

Registered
Rates

Wendy, rates vary by locations. I'm in Ridgeway, Va. and I get $4.00 an hour per person up to 2 people and $10.00 per hour for 3 or more. Stienway in Queens, New York gets $17.00 a hour per table. Like I said, it depends on where your location is. Check other rooms in your area to see what their rates are. Good luck with your room. Melvin Smith Q-Ball Family Arcades & Billiards Ridgeway, Va.

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Portland Oregon

I play at Classics Billiards in Portland and its $3.90 per hour during the day for the 8 & 9 footers. If your a senior you get a 20% discount.

Don

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play at Classics Billiards in Portland and its $3.90 per hour during the day for the 8 & 9 footers. If your a senior you get a 20% discount.

Don

I don't get the senior discount, but the rates are pretty good at Classics.

Sundays and Mondays have 2 hours free downtown, 9 foot gold crowns.
Tuesday and Wednesdays are reduced, I love knowing people in the service industry.
Thursday is BCA, so $5 covers pool from 5-1.
Friday and Saturday I will shoot at classics, as my other spots are $10 and hour on busy drinking nights. If it wasn't for the custom cues, this would be an inexpensive hobby/sport.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
We charge $3.60/hour per person with several specials offered at all times. All day prepay, military Mondays, Student rates, Facebook coupons, etc. Charge what the market will bear and adjust accordingly. It is an entertainment. Compare to local movies or bowling lanes nearby of what it would cost a couple to spend x amount of hours there. If your place is nicer, charge more, if not, charge less. Good luck with your business!

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rates are driven by your business plan. Your cost of operation and expected net profit will be the determining factor on what rate to charge. You need to include all expected revenue items such as food, drinks and any other sales on the revenue side. You will find that table time alone will not make it unless you own the property with small mortgage.
You need to develop a cost analysis plan before you begin investing.
This will tell you if your plan for a room is financially viable.

Your plan must include research of local ordinances and restrictions....this will be a killer if you do not give it priority in the inital planning. I know this from personal experience....had everything ready to go and was denid a business license due to zoning and other restrictions....lesson learned.

Good luck

Definitely good advice here. I might add that you have to do something that will promote your place. Even "Free" rates aren't enough of an incentive sometimes. I think the point of the discussion really is about how to get people to come in and spend time and money. Give them a viable reason, and they'll come. Ex: I play league in one hall, but visit another just because they have a carom table.

mmedford

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See the places I frequent charge the $9 an hour, per player... and it sucks. But it's NYC; space is at a premium.

That's why I take advantage of the $25 for 3 hour special, before 8pm during the week.

nbkvig2

Pool Hall Owner
Definitely good advice here. I might add that you have to do something that will promote your place. Even "Free" rates aren't enough of an incentive sometimes. I think the point of the discussion really is about how to get people to come in and spend time and money. Give them a viable reason, and they'll come. Ex: I play league in one hall, but visit another just because they have a carom table.

Great advice! We've just opened two months ago and prior to our official opening. We held a private soft opening where we invited all of our friends and family and didn't charge a cent on the table that entire night! We've got a lot of exposures from that event alone. Over 200 foot traffic that one night. And we've had professions from all fields coming through.

We also did a 1-2 weeks of soft opening to the public where the first hour is free. We took advantage of social medias and got the word around and it got us a lot of exposures. Your location will determine how much effort you need to put into advertisement. Personally for me, I really didn't have to do much advertisement to pull in customers because of our convenient location.