Greatest Trick Shots Ever by Jeff Gates

Diane_D

Registered
AMAZING! The Greatest Trick Shots by Jeff Gates made at Chris' Billiards in Chicago are now on You Tube--just posted. Let me know what you think--like it, leave a message, and/or subscribe. These are just the beginning of more to come. Enjoy! Click on the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQL_U-Hfi_s

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
WOW I have looked for this a few times over the years. I was in Chicago about 12 years ago and saw him do I think 28 live. The first time I was in Chris's I was at the table beside his (in the other room...where Mr. George Fels played) and I almost hit the floor. Sounded like someone was unloading a clip in the next room.

Thx for sharing and I hope to see more youtube posts.

Nick B

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AMAZING! The Greatest Trick Shots by Jeff Gates made at Chris' Billiards in Chicago are now on You Tube--just posted. Let me know what you think--like it, leave a message, and/or subscribe. These are just the beginning of more to come. Enjoy!

Sorry but the link is not working at the moment. You Tube--search Jeff Gates pool trick shots. I'll post the link soon.

Hi Diane.....I was a friend of Jeff's for many, many years..we played quite a few games of One Pocket over that time, and also I watched him practice the multi-ball trick shots for years. I also visited him in Florida over the winter about 12 yrs. ago.

Congratulations on what you've done so far - the first video looks great! - keep up the good work..and I think, audio-wise, the electronic sound effects mixed with the sound of the balls was a perfect choice - much better than having some cheesy music playing, like most pool videos have.

I'm sure Jeff is smiling up there.

Best Regards, Ghost

PS, Stepping up for Diane...I think, this is the link :smile: ------>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQL_U-Hfi_s&list=UUiVhCsrCBf3JDK111aCqCkA

Last edited:

Jimmy_Betmore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not typically a fan of trick shots. But I have to say, that was pretty damn cool. Thanks for sharing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael-Hoang

Omega Billiards
Silver Member
Jeff made it all the way up to 41 or 42 balls.

That's correct, he made all 41 or 42 balls in ONE shot. It's amazing.

Diane_D

Registered
Thanks for the compliments, and I'm glad you enjoyed the first video. I am trying to create something that he would have created. The music you hear is Jeff playing his keyboard, and my son and I are trying to create this for all to enjoy. There will be more to come. Again, thanks for remembering Jeff and his talent.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Great video...did you notice how accurate the first shot was?
...whitey stayed in the middle.

I was told that table was permanently reserved for him....
...I had seen him working on it a couple times.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most amazing shot that I've ever seen. I can't even imagine the power it takes to do this and he looks so smooth doing it. Can't wait to the more.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is great.

I like the trick shots like these, where the stroke and set up is key. Not a big fan of the 'props' shots (except for 'the boot').

I really like the delayed timing of balls to the corners, that allow others to clear. That had to be tough to work out.

Thanks for posting...very enjoyable.

Diane_D

Registered
Thanks for all your comments. Yes, Jeff was the man and he made remarkable world trick shots. More to come--just stay tuned! I was his girlfriend for 12 years and now have the only video of his shots.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thanks for all your comments. Yes, Jeff was the man and he made remarkable world trick shots. More to come--just stay tuned! I was his girlfriend for 12 years and now have the only video of his shots.

Great video, and I loved the pictures of the room.
Please keep any additional videos to this thread.....
...I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one subscribing to it.

regards
pt