Gandy Sportman or Brunswick Sport King

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
If there was no other choice of pool table on the planet besides these two, which one is the better choice. Priced equally in similar condition. Both oversized 8'

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If there was no other choice of pool table on the planet besides these two, which one is the better choice. Priced equally in similar condition. Both oversized 8'

I have owned both and the Sport king gives the Gandy the 5 ball. I don't like any Gandy tables and I have owned several Big G's. I used to buy and sell tables at one time. I don't even like playing on a Gandy.

mechanic/player

Silver Member
Flip a coin. Both play well when new or at least with good original cushions, they go together and breakdown the same, both can play bad and be a nightmare to install or breakdown.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
The Sport King had K 66 rails installed last year.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I have owned both and the Sport king gives the Gandy the 5 ball. I don't like any Gandy tables and I have owned several Big G's. I used to buy and sell tables at one time. I don't even like playing on a Gandy.

I don't entirely agree with this post.
The Sport King gives ANY Gandy the 4 and out....the break....and a hand span.
:)

ROB.M

Silver Member
Table

The Sport King had K 66 rails installed last year.

-

The sport king had monarch superspeed cushions which are not the same profile as the common k55 or k66, - the monarch cushion and rail was discontinued- although I think ken hash or john burns might have a set of new old stock they could sell you... If not you'll have to have the rail liner modified to accept the current production cushion rubbers of today.

Best of luck~>

Rob.M

Last edited:

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's still not enough:) Tho the gandys from the early 70s were really not all that bad.

Dale

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sport King by a mile and some.

Dale

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why you be dissin' my table so bad? lol

On the other hand, maybe that's why I need the 4 out, the break and a hand span from everyone else on the forum.

Gideon<-----Gandy Alexandria

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Why you be dissin' my table so bad? lol

On the other hand, maybe that's why I need the 4 out, the break and a hand span from everyone else on the forum.

Gideon<-----Gandy Alexandria

I have a bit of history with that company....I played on them when they still called Macons
....I even played in the room owned by Gandy and bought billiard supplies.

I also played at Corner Pockets of America...a chain big enough to have their own table
line....they got all their parts from Gandy.
Blues and Cues had a few of those.
So far, I haven't run into one I'd like to own.

Gideon, I'm shopping for more used Diamonds...
...if I run into some extras, I'm going to call you.

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
What about repleacement parts?

I would venture to guess that finding Gandy replacement parts are not the easiest things to find.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
I have a bit of history with that company....I played on them when they still called Macons

....I even played in the room owned by Gandy and bought billiard supplies.

I also played at Corner Pockets of America...a chain big enough to have their own table

line....they got all their parts from Gandy.

Blues and Cues had a few of those.

So far, I haven't run into one I'd like to own.

Gideon, I'm shopping for more used Diamonds...

...if I run into some extras, I'm going to call you.

PM me if you come across used diamonds. I'm in Stratford Ontario. I've struggled finding anything used in Canada. A friend of mine, Heath Manning is a dealer but a new diamond is pretty costly especially with the renovation we are about to tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk