$57,000 Ballpark Village 9-Ball Invitational in St. Louis,11/27-12/1/2018

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a 64-man invitational event in St. Louis, $500 entry fee.

What caught my attention is the contact for tis event is Rob Sykora. I remember him from many years ago. He was the owner of BCN, Billiard Club Network. He was very nice to me at tournaments.

Nice to see a brand-new pool happening in the middle of the country instead of Vegas for a change.

Read more here: https://www.ballparkvillage9ball.com/

Attachments

• 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,247

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member

What caught my attention is the contact for tis event is Rob Sykora. I remember him from many years ago. He was the owner of BCN, Billiard Club Network. He was very nice to me at tournaments.

Nice to see a brand-new pool happening in the middle of the country instead of Vegas for a change.

JAM,
Thanks for taking the time to post this.
I live in Kansas City, about four hours away.
I marked my calendar, and plan to be there.
(Besides, I love the Italian food on the Hill in StL).
Will Prout

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Does anybody know whether this is on 9-foot tables or 7-foot tables?

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm just surmising;
This venue is perfect for the game, the set up with all the amenities lends to a
economic good time - in the 60 - 70's maybe.
JAM must be at the very beginning of this one, the site page title isn't named yet with
none of the dynamics (functional links working).
This will be a good one to follow, from an idea/concept through to player reward payout
and the fan base.
I can't help but think about the behind the scene action in play, The guys make a phone
call, knowing how it works, find an open date, have so many days to make good on it,
I like it, the game.

Table size won't matter if all the necessities are in place,
but a modified 9 would be cool. :smile:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Rob Sykora! Well, there's a name from the past. Haven't heard boo from him for at least a decade.

It's nice to see a decent event being added to the pool calendar domestically. Pretty sure this is a big table event. It's being held in Mark Wilson's back yard so I'm pretty sure he has a hand in putting this together. At least I hope he does! :cool:

Echelon

The hill hill thrilla
Silver Member
Very excited to see this. We need more events like this in STL. I heard a new place called diamond billiard and music club just opened with 40+ diamond bar boxes. I prefer 9 footers but the place is huge and could accommodate 128 person fields, we need more events and this could be our ticket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rob Sykora

Ballpark Village 9-Ball Invitational

Thanks Jenny for the kind words. You were always smiling and a pleasure to meet.

The Ballpark Village 9-Ball Invitational is a full on pro event played on 9' tables. All equipment will be the best of the best. As those agreements are ironed out, they will be released accordingly. Quality will not be spared.

The web page is almost ready, but the basics are here @ BallParkVillage9Ball.com

The tournament space is as unique and dynamic as it gets for pro pool. Ballpark Village is a stadium-like atmosphere where the players will be treated just like the pros in other major sports. The Player's Lounge has full-view of the tournament activities, along with a full private bar and food service, yet gives the player privacy to relax and enjoy the experience.

Spectator viewing will be simply spectacular, with balcony views of all tables from any seat. The 40 ft video screen will feature the best shots from any table. Plus, there are four 8' video boards, four 6 ft screens, and a dozen other 40" TVs.

Food and beverage services are available at your seat in the tournament arena (FOX Sports Midwest Live!), with 3 massive bars and 6 restaurant opportunities including PBR Bar, Howl at the Moon, Budweiser Brew House, and Cardinal Nation, with views into Busch Stadium.

The host hotel is the Hilton St. Louis at The Ballpark. The room rates will be fantastic for a downtown property in the holiday season. Booking will be available within the next week. And there is no need for a car with Ballpark Village only a 200 step walk door-to-door. Downtown St. Louis will also be in full holiday mode. And of course, there's the Gateway Arch.

We look forward to creating something truly special. Our main man and Tournament Director Rocky McElroy will field all player, rules, and tournament related questions. He's awesome and available at the players disposal, (352) 584-5124‬

Stayed tuned. There will be much more exciting news to come.

Thanks for the interest. I'll be happy to answer any questions here or at robsykora@gmail.com

Let's Get It On!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Thanks Jenny for the kind words. You were always smiling and a pleasure to meet.

The Ballpark Village 9-Ball Invitational is a full on pro event played on 9' tables. All equipment will be the best of the best. As those agreements are ironed out, they will be released accordingly. Quality will not be spared.

The web page is almost ready, but the basics are here @ BallParkVillage9Ball.com

The tournament space is as unique and dynamic as it gets for pro pool. Ballpark Village is a stadium-like atmosphere where the players will be treated just like the pros in other major sports. The Player's Lounge has full-view of the tournament activities, along with a full private bar and food service, yet gives the player privacy to relax and enjoy the experience.

Spectator viewing will be simply spectacular, with balcony views of all tables from any seat. The 40 ft video screen will feature the best shots from any table. Plus, there are four 8' video boards, four 6 ft screens, and a dozen other 40" TVs.

Food and beverage services are available at your seat in the tournament arena (FOX Sports Midwest Live!), with 3 massive bars and 6 restaurant opportunities including PBR Bar, Howl at the Moon, Budweiser Brew House, and Cardinal Nation, with views into Busch Stadium.

The host hotel is the Hilton St. Louis at The Ballpark. The room rates will be fantastic for a downtown property in the holiday season. Booking will be available within the next week. And there is no need for a car with Ballpark Village only a 200 step walk door-to-door. Downtown St. Louis will also be in full holiday mode. And of course, there's the Gateway Arch.

We look forward to creating something truly special. Our main man and Tournament Director Rocky McElroy will field all player, rules, and tournament related questions. He's awesome and available at the players disposal, (352) 584-5124‬

Stayed tuned. There will be much more exciting news to come.

Thanks for the interest. I'll be happy to answer any questions here or at robsykora@gmail.com

Let's Get It On!

Holy s@#!, that sounds awesome!!!
Jason

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Spoke with Rob the other day and he has big plans for this event and they all sound good. I wanna go! Maybe I can get a job cleaning tables. :smile:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Spoke with Rob the other day and he has big plans for this event and they all sound good. I wanna go! Maybe I can get a job cleaning tables. :smile:

At your age? Lol.

I might go too, see ya there hopefully.
Jason<-----not cleaning tables

Echelon

The hill hill thrilla
Silver Member
What's the details on the VIP option?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn this sounds like a first rate event!!

Congrats, good luck and I hope this is a tremendous success.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Hope they give Mark Wilson credit for first opening this location up to accepting pool events.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Also I don’t see a mention of a greens fee
And there is no fee to be a live spectator or watch the broadcast.

Funny a lot of these other tournament promotors say they can’t afford to do events unless they charge all these high fees.