Show your palmers

blackwidows

BLACKWIDOWS
Silver Member
Palmer 3rd Cat Model 4

Here is a cue I picked up the other day. It is from the 3rd catalog Model 4.
Thanks,

Palmer 3rd Model 4 005.jpg

Palmer 3rd Model 4 002.jpg

Palmer 3rd Model 4 003.jpg

Palmer 3rd Model 4 004.jpg

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's One I Picked a Long Time Ago.........

Here's an oldie but goodie that goes back in time 5 decades.......I purchased it, well, sort of..... I picked this cue out at the Palmer Factory in New Jersey......
but it was actually a gift from my stepdad who taught me how to play pool......Cocobolo wood was just beginning to be used as pool cue wood at that time.

Matt B.

Attachments

• 2012 Cue Collection (MMB) 007.jpg
    2012 Cue Collection (MMB) 007.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 767
  • 2012 Cue Collection (MMB) 008.jpg
    2012 Cue Collection (MMB) 008.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 758
  • New Miscellaneous Pool 4-1-14 095.jpg
    New Miscellaneous Pool 4-1-14 095.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 757
  • New Miscellaneous Pool 4-1-14 092.jpg
    New Miscellaneous Pool 4-1-14 092.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 823
  • New Miscellaneous Pool 4-1-14 094.jpg
    New Miscellaneous Pool 4-1-14 094.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 767
Last edited:

blackwidows

BLACKWIDOWS
Silver Member
Palmer 1st Catalog

This is my Palmer 1st Catalog collection. As you can see I need a Model 4 to round out this catalog. They are all used, non restored, not perfect, but all good cues.
Thanks for looking.
:smile:
Palmer 1st Catalog 007.jpg

Palmer Collection Updated 5.24.14 003.jpg

Palmer Collection Updated 5.24.14 005.jpg

Palmer Collection Updated 5.24.14 009.jpg

Palmer Collection Updated 5.24.14 010.jpg

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
This is my Palmer 1st Catalog collection. As you can see I need a Model 4 to round out this catalog. They are all used, non restored, not perfect, but all good cues.
Thanks for looking.]

Amazing collection. Funny as it may seem, in both the 2nd and 3rd Palmer catalogs, the most rare was the Rambow tribute, the model 4 in the 2nd, and the model C in the 3rd. Hardly any exist, and I've only seen a few model Cs. Mine is above in the thread. I don't think I've ever seen a model 4.

blackwidows

BLACKWIDOWS
Silver Member
Palmer Model 4

Amazing collection. Funny as it may seem, in both the 2nd and 3rd Palmer catalogs, the most rare was the Rambow tribute, the model 4 in the 2nd, and the model C in the 3rd. Hardly any exist, and I've only seen a few model Cs. Mine is above in the thread. I don't think I've ever seen a model 4.
Here are some pictures of a Model 4.

1-4 Butt.jpg

1-4 full cue.jpg

1-4 Joint.jpg

1-4 ForearmJPG.jpg

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Model 4 / Model C

Apparently the production numbers aren't available for confirmation, but it does seem that these models are scarce. My opinion is that it is partly due to the fact that the Palmer name does not appear on these models preventing easy and positive identification. Therefore, visual ID and a keen and knowledgeable eye is necessary.

I speculate these models are sitting around unloved, unknown, or in some cases tossed-out as worthless cues.

Jay

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Apparently the production numbers aren't available for confirmation, but it does seem that these models are scarce. My opinion is that it is partly due to the fact that the Palmer name does not appear on these models preventing easy and positive identification. Therefore, visual ID and a keen and knowledgeable eye is necessary.

I speculate these models are sitting around unloved, unknown, or in some cases tossed-out as worthless cues.

Jay

Excellent points, and I think there's one more reason the models 4 and C are so rare. That is because so many Palmer window cues were prevalent, that's what people wanted, the plexiglass. Obviously some non-window Palmers are out there, but the window models dominated.

And that's amazing to see a model 4 above, by BlackWidows. That cue would round out that first catalog collection nicely.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmers, I don't know that any of the models are scarce, just some with less made than others.

Like most things the more expensive models are probably the ones that fewer were made, but probably taken better care of, so more are around.

Ken

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And that's amazing to see a model 4 above, by BlackWidows. That cue would round out that first catalog collection nicely.

There is always Photoshop. :)

As to the rarity of the unlabelled cues, it would be interesting to learn just how many of the models 2, 4, C, & H were produced. There seem to be fewer of them than the others in their respective catalogs based on public auctions and ads here on AZ. There seem to be more of the high end Models 11 and M than their unlabelled counterparts.

I stick with my theory mention above, that they are out these but no one knows they are Palmers.

Jay

Last edited:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Alphabet Starts with "A"

I have an appreciation for all Palmers but especially love the variations in the entry level models that began life as house cues. These cues were made in various colors with complimentary wraps. They cost $50 when new, not cheap but not unattainable for someone serious into the game.

These pics illustrate my Model A's. Depending upon the construction of the donor cue, the woods could be ebony, purpleheart, rosewood, etc.

My verrrryyyy first Palmer was a Model A identical to the first cue on the left which was unique in that it was actually a window cue. I have seen very few Model A window cues.

The turquoise cue is testimony to the fact that Palmer continued to make cues from retired catalogs as this example was made in the eighties long after the Second Catalog was replaced. In the eighties Palmer were applying an oval adhesive label to the butts. I have to assume that this cue didn't see much use as the label is in fine condition.

The red cue came to me circuitously from the midwest. "Stiqs" found this at a flea market for $25, traded it to someone in Indianapolis. That owner didn't know how to ship a cue and didn't use PayPal. so with the gracious assistance of Paul Drexler and one of his contacts in Indiana I was able to get this to the Northeast. Unfortunately I paid more than $25.00 to acquire it.:)

I love playing with these cues as my preference is for heavier cues than what is the norm today. I am always looking to add to my collection, so if you have something or a lead on a Palmer, let me know.

Jay

Attachments

• Palmer Model A Collection June 2014 - P6130264.jpg
    Palmer Model A Collection June 2014 - P6130264.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 458
  • Palmer Model A Collection June 2014 - P6130263.jpg
    Palmer Model A Collection June 2014 - P6130263.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:

stiqs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an appreciation for all Palmers but especially love the variations in the entry level models that began life as house cues. These cues were made in various colors with complimentary wraps. They cost $50 when new, not cheap but not unattainable for someone serious into the game.

These pics illustrate my Model A's. Depending upon the construction of the donor cue, the woods could be ebony, purpleheart, rosewood, etc.

My verrrryyyy first Palmer was a Model A identical to the first cue on the left which was unique in that it was actually a window cue. I have seen very few Model A window cues.

The turquoise cue is testimony to the fact that Palmer continued to make cues from retired catalogs as this example was made in the eighties long after the Second Catalog was replaced. In the eighties Palmer were applying an oval adhesive label to the butts. I have to assume that this cue didn't see much use as the label is in fine condition.

The red cue came to me circuitously from the midwest. "Stiqs" found this at a flea market for $25, traded it to someone in Indianapolis. That owner didn't know how to ship a cue and didn't use PayPal. so with the gracious assistance of Paul Drexler and one of his contacts in Indiana I was able to get this to the Northeast. Unfortunately I paid more than $25.00 to acquire it.:)

I love playing with these cues as my preference is for heavier cues than what is the norm today. I am always looking to add to my collection, so if you have something or a lead on a Palmer, let me know.

Jay

There she is. She came from California to Indy. Great looking Jay!! Keep em coming my friend!!

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Little Palmers

Imagine my surprise when these two sticks came my way.

Certainly, they were interesting just being early 1st Catalog cues, one a Model 7 with a Titlist forearm and the other a Model 8, but in addition, both are personalized with the same last name of Ostrowski. The Model 7 is personalized with name Bruce Ostrowski and the Model 8 with the name Ed Ostrowski.

Furthermore, they are the shortest Palmers I have ever seen, both measuring a mere 52 inches.

Jay

Attachments

• P6210275.jpg
    P6210275.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:

blackwidows

BLACKWIDOWS
Silver Member
Palmer Shorty's

Very unusual Jay. They are definitely early cue with the 5/6-14 perforated pins. Nice find.:thumbup:

itzel0101

buyselltradecues
Gold Member
Silver Member
palmer cue

I just picked up this palmer cue any info will help:thumbup: enjoy the pics

Attachments

• photo 3 - Copy (7).jpg
    photo 3 - Copy (7).jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 606
  • photo 4 - Copy (3).jpg
    photo 4 - Copy (3).jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 597
  • photo 2 - Copy (8).jpg
    photo 2 - Copy (8).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 588
  • photo 1 - Copy (8).jpg
    photo 1 - Copy (8).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 595

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colavita's Palmer or one like it.

JV

I did some searching and there are pictures of Jack Colavita's Palmer on Chris Tate's site along with some information on it's origins.

Not that long ago it was owned by a fellow AZr and on the market for serious $$. If this is the same cue, I can't imagine that it would have been traded without the knowledge of it's provenance, but I've seen the same thing happen before.

Jay

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It isn't the "Colavita" Palmer....(.I just spoke with the owner)
This is an exact sister cue. The only difference is this one has the Palmer
Logo on the delrin butt cap. Very interesting to now know there is another
Obviously the provenance difference is a large factor in price.

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also examined the colavita one closely and on the shaft facing
Found the initials JC in pen....this was common in palmers shop so that when the
Shaft we're hanging they were not confused with others that
Had similar ring work. Are there any marks on your shaft facings? It looks like it was refinished so it would have been lost if it was re-faced.