Looking for a not so Sneaky Pete style

exlondoner

Registered
Returning to Pool after moving from England and things have started to get a little more serious.

I'd like to gain some assistance in looking for my first American Pool cue. I like the standard style without all of the fancy inserts etc, something that solely focus' on function more-so than form.

Coming from English Snooker/Pool cues hopefully that provides an idea of the the style I'm searching for.

The ideal weight would be 18-18.5 ounce with a shaft size of around 11.75-12.

From what I've seen so far the new Mezz MSP-ST is my favorite so far however they come in at around 19 ounce:
MSP-MT.png

It would be ideal to also have a slight chamfer in the butt of the cue.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm located in Virginia.

Last edited:

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Returning to Pool after moving from England and things have started to get a little more serious.

I'd like to gain some assistance in looking for my first American Pool cue. I like the standard style without all of the fancy inserts etc, something that solely focus' on function more-so than form.

Coming from English Snooker/Pool cues hopefully that provides an idea of the the style I'm searching for.

The ideal weight would be 18-18.5 ounce with a shaft size of around 11.75-12.

From what I've seen so far the new Mezz MSP-ST is my favorite so far however they come in at around 19 ounce:
MSP-MT.png

It would be ideal to also have a slight chamfer in the butt of the cue.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm located in Virginia.

Contact Joe Nielsen at Nielsens billiards. I bought my Mezz cocobolo sneaky from him. He will weight it to your specs prior to shipment. He is absolutely the best in the business.
Best of luck to you.
Joe P.

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in VA as well text me 757-999-0672 I have plain josey sneaky

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bottom_gun

Registered
I also appreciate the not-so-sneaky cues. I recommend looking at Dominiak. I found recommendations for Dominiak in several posts and decided to give it a look. Bill gave me a great deal and built me 4 in total, 2 Ultra Petes for wall cues, 1 Sweet 16 break cue with a hard Kamui tip, and I splurged for a Sweet 16 player with a leather wrap and phenolic joints. All 4 are unique works of art. He used curly maple for two, birds eye maple for another, and the other was alternating birds eye and curly in his radial laminated construction. All play amazing and his customer service is top notch.

http://www.dominiakcues.com/ultra_pete.php