good pool halls in vancouver, BC?

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Come to Guys and Dolls. Leave the "wave" case at home or I will make fun of you.

Nick B

sygfrid

alaskador
Silver Member
I'll surely check it out...

Any grudges with the wave cases lineup or perhaps to the maker, for that matter? :confused:

Come to Guys and Dolls. Leave the "wave" case at home or I will make fun of you.

Nick B

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I'll surely check it out...

Any grudges with the wave cases lineup or perhaps to the maker, for that matter? :confused:

No. Just ugly like a Pacer.

images

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Hey nick how's it going? You ever gonna make it to kc so I can return the hospitality u showed me?

Hello brother. I had a couple of close calls but lately I have been EVERYWHERE else but around KC. Hope to be their soon.

Nick

samy1969

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be in Vancouver for 3 days and I wanted to check if this list of rooms is still valid. Here's the summary I gathered from this thread:

1) Commodore Lanes and Billiards in downtown - good scene as well
2) Guys and Dolls outside downtown - some action
3) 147 in Richmond - primarily snooker, no food
4) Oscars in Richmond - primarily snooker, no food
5) High Break - located at Garden City and Alderbridge - snooker, no food, people yell at each other
6) Bankshots in Surrey - full bar, pub food
7) Ballroom

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I would still suggest guys and dolls. Drop me a pm if you want to meet up.

Nick

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
I'll be in Vancouver for 3 days and I wanted to check if this list of rooms is still valid. Here's the summary I gathered from this thread:

1) Commodore Lanes and Billiards in downtown - good scene as well (sorry dont know)
2) Guys and Dolls outside downtown - some action (dump)
3) 147 in Richmond - primarily snooker, no food 1/2 and 1/2 now with new pool tables, mostly young orientals, 18000 Chinese restaurants within walking distance. No Action
4) Oscars in Richmond - primarily snooker, no food Only 2 snooker tables, primarily pool on bad Dufferins, (was there ever a good one?), limited menu, cheap action
5) High Break - located at Garden City and Alderbridge - snooker, no food, people yell at each other Same carry on but has new gold crowns now, mostly Oriental, No action
6) Bankshots in Surrey - full bar, pub food Closed permanently due to insane person buying it and kicking out all the customers
7) Ballroom No more 9fts only league, limited menu
I updated your list for you.

Last edited:

waylander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I grew up in Vancouver but moved to Edmonton to go to UofA. Coming back for 10 days in February and wanted to know if there are any more updates on places to play.

I've lived in Coquitlam, North Van (near Lonsdale Quay) and Vancouver (near UBC). I mostly played pool in high school in coquitlam so don't know all the spots around Vancouver. I'd be looking at places near King Edward and Knight or downtown. Richmond might be ok.

Slasher, liked your comment about Bankshots above, I'm assuming you don't recommend?

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I grew up in Vancouver but moved to Edmonton to go to UofA. Coming back for 10 days in February and wanted to know if there are any more updates on places to play.

I've lived in Coquitlam, North Van (near Lonsdale Quay) and Vancouver (near UBC). I mostly played pool in high school in coquitlam so don't know all the spots around Vancouver. I'd be looking at places near King Edward and Knight or downtown. Richmond might be ok.

Slasher, liked your comment about Bankshots above, I'm assuming you don't recommend?

Hay if youcant fine a good pool hall in Vancouver, We got good pool hall here in Edmonton,Alberta.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member

Thanks, I have always had an acidic sense of humor :D
It is truly permanently closed.

samy1969

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for keeping this list updated. I'm coming into town tonight and will plan on going to Guys and Dolls around 9 or 10. If anyone is up for a game, let me know.

Nick, I'll send you a PM to see if you're available.

Sam

samy1969

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to Guys and Dolls last night. There was a league playing, so all of the 9-footers were taken. I could have played snooker, but I was content to watch. Will likely go back tonight to hit some.

If anyone wants to shoot some, let me know.

Sam