9' Diamond professional in southern Ontario?

Modan

Registered
I'm Currently finishing my basement and am happy to have room for a 9' table.
Since the basement will be a family area I have to work within the restrictions of what my wife will be happy to look at. I was fully expecting to be looking for a furniture style table but was pleasantly shocked when i was looking on the Diamond site at the Professional and my wife commented that she likes the look of it.

So before she changes her mind.

I'm located west of Toronto. Where are Diamond tables sold in Ontario?...or are they only sold direct from the US Diamond site?

Thanks in advance
Modan

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Diamond has a dealer locater.
If you send them an email through the website they willowy likely forward to the appropriate dealer.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
If you're considering the Diamond pro....make sure you can get it into your basement.
That one-piece slate and the main body of the table needs entrance room.

The three piece slate is much easier to deal with...although I much prefer the one slate.

I've sold bar tables to homes where we couldn't get it in...and those were 7-footers.

Modan

Registered
Diamond has a dealer locater.
If you send them an email through the website they willowy likely forward to the appropriate dealer.

Thanks. I used the "contact us" page but there's no option to email yourself as well and I didn't receive an acknoledgement auto reply so it was hard to know if it even worked. Hopefully I hear from them tomorrow.

Modan

Registered
If you're considering the Diamond pro....make sure you can get it into your basement.
That one-piece slate and the main body of the table needs entrance room.

The three piece slate is much easier to deal with...although I much prefer the one slate.

I've sold bar tables to homes where we couldn't get it in...and those were 7-footers.

Is the Professional 1 piece slate?...I know the Pro-Am is because it's specifically noted on Diamonds website but I assumed the Professional was 3 piece because they didn't mention the 1 piece as a selling feature like they do for the Pro-Am.

Modan

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Is the Professional 1 piece slate?...I know the Pro-Am is because it's specifically noted on Diamonds website but I assumed the Professional was 3 piece because they didn't mention the 1 piece as a selling feature like they do for the Pro-Am.

Modan

I got confused about the terms, Modan.
Yeah, we got a drop-pocket Pro...with pro-am pockets (4.75)

We got two 7 ft smart tables and I think they're better tables than out 9 ft,
which has 3 slates.

I think the pro-am 9ft is the best table....with the 1-piece slate.....
...no slate lines under the cloth, ever.
And the leg set-up looks more durable.

But it is tricky to deliver..however, I think it's worth it.

Modan

Registered
I got confused about the terms, Modan.
Yeah, we got a drop-pocket Pro...with pro-am pockets (4.75)

We got two 7 ft smart tables and I think they're better tables than out 9 ft,
which has 3 slates.

I think the pro-am 9ft is the best table....with the 1-piece slate.....
...no slate lines under the cloth, ever.
And the leg set-up looks more durable.

But it is tricky to deliver..however, I think it's worth it.

Unfortunately "tricky" would be an understatement for getting a Pro-Am into my basement. I can't even get a full 4x8 sheet of drywall down the stairs. I'd have to cut a pool table sized hole in my living room floor to get a Pro-Am down there.

I'm really surprised at how little information there is about buying Diamond tables in Ontario. There's nothing on diamondbilliards site about shipping/installation in Canada and I've requested info via both their website request and email and haven't gotten a response yet.
A lot of hours surfing the net hasn't gotten me anywhere either in terms of tables for sale or any sort of dealer, maintenance or 3rd party support within Ontario. Maybe buying a Diamond table is a bad idea in Ontario if the support network isn't there.

Modan