Looking for a new Case any recommendation

ericb21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for a new case wanted to here some recommendation. I have a hagger but it is older and starting to show. Like the Justis and also Whittens but those can not be the only two other out there can they?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Too many to choose from to list here. I will admit that I like my Justis...made in USA, looks great, and despite JB's negative waves, protects well. Just put your cues in with joint protectors up.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sometimes seems everyone here is all ga-ga over JB cases. I'm not, as I find his posts annoying. So, I bought a Whitten case. Well really it was because they made just what I was looking for. Very nice case and wonderful people to deal with.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got a 4x8 Predator Blak butterfly case. Truth is sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. Holds plenty. Price is right. A little tough to carry around in tournaments with the zipping and unzipping and takes up a lot of room when open.

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
My new case is a JB Rugged 2X5, this can also be used as a 3X4, the case is extremely well built, has 3 pockets, the long one has a separate jump handle compartment, everything fits inside perfectly and it is easy to get you cues & shafts in & out of.

Attachments

• 00001 003 (Medium).jpg
    00001 003 (Medium).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 604

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love John Barton's cases - I have a 1x2 rugged and 4x8 ultimate rugged and plan on getting another more custom-ish case of his soon. If you're willing to spend some cash there's a really beautiful Chuck Fields case for sale right now. He and Rusty Melton are a couple of guys doing really good stuff with cases. Can't really go wrong with a Whitten either.

StuartTKelley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for a new case wanted to here some recommendation. I have a hagger but it is older and starting to show. Like the Justis and also Whittens but those can not be the only two other out there can they?

Sounds like you don't mind spending money on a case. I like JB Ruggeds, JB Flowers Tribute, JB Masons.. all of those are cool cases and protect well. I like the look of the Justice cases and a buddy of mine got a really nice case made by Chuck Fields. I don't think he's taking orders currently but not sure, you could check.

I have the new Predator 3x4 butterfly case and I really like it and it's also really all I can afford to put into a case at the moment. FYI.. There are some false comments regarding the zippers on the part that holds the butts of the cues...the zipper is over a piece of cloth that the cue slides under so at no time does the zipper or can the zipper touch your cue...well made case for what it is, protects well enough and it looks pretty nice too. Slim for a butterfly...

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
It sometimes seems everyone here is all ga-ga over JB cases. I'm not, as I find his posts annoying. So, I bought a Whitten case. Well really it was because they made just what I was looking for. Very nice case and wonderful people to deal with.

Whitten cases are excellent.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
If Justis and Whitten are in your budget range, then take a look at Jim Murnak and John Barton cases.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Owned a JB Case and an Instroke. I still own the Instroke.

Whenever I have money to blow, again, I'll try to order a Chuck Fields case.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
You have a lot of options when it comes to which case you want to purchase, don't buy a budget case, they don't last and will fall apart or fail you.
I suggest you get a quality made case, there is several to choose from and many have been mentioned in this thread.
I recommend a JBcase or a Gil Castillo case.

http://www.jbcases.com

http://castilloleathergoods.com/?cat=3

Rob.M
I second the Castillo recommendations. Multiple styles and pricing points. Plus, great quality and customer service!

Kd

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Castillo Leather

Do yourself a favor and at least give Gil Castillo a call.

His prices are great, your options are enormous and his workmanship superb.

I own a 6x12 Lizard Leather Case he made in 2013 and it's just a dandy
and it's smaller in size than you'd ever imagine & also has huge pockets.

Matt B.

ronscuba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So many options. Since he mentioned Justis and Whitten, I assume the budget is on the high end and he is looking for leather.

In addition to Justis and Whitten, I would add JBcases, Chuck Fields and Volturi to the list. Artistic designs, full custom and wait times should be considered.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
I purchased my Whitten case close to 25 years ago and I'm still impressed with the quality of its construction. They ain't cheap, even the non-exotic ones, but IMHO mine was worth every red cent. Mine is still in excellent shape, but that's not the point really...my cues are in awesome shape and have always been safe & secure during transport in my Whitten case.
http://www.whittencases.com/ Given what I paid for my Scruggs & my Hubler HA back then, the price was right in line.

My guess is they'll be at the Super Billiards Expo in April (in PA) and they'll have some show specials, no shipping, no tax, etc.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Whitten and Justis are no doubt very fine choices. I recommend either highly

Also consider JBCases, your best bet for truly custom.

If you want to hog wild, also consider Quiverz (Phil Eastwood).

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
If you have the opportunity attend the SBE. You will able to see and compare just about every type and style of case and and maybe save a few dollars in the process. You won't save a ton but the whole experience of that venue is worth money spent for being there.

🎱

ElLeon

Headshot
Silver Member
I just received my Volturi cue case. Unfortunately my case took a lot longer to make than most others, but the product is fantastic and I'm a bit more flashy, so having a real custom case instead of a standard one is important to me.