Real pool reality show episode 1 is now available.

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.streamingvideoprovider.c...199a3c22&ts=1457508965&playlist=#clip=1483406

This is the playlist to buy the first episode of Real Pool. There are two versions. One is censored for bad language and the other is uncensored. It costs $10, and $8 of it will be going to the players. From the drop down menu, you can pick a person, or in the case of the Real Hustlers (they are sharing the money between their players evenly), and that person or team will get the money. Not all the people in the playlist are in the show, but may be just helping to promote it. This episode is a race to 9 match playing 8 ball, 9 ball, 10 ball, or straight pool. We try to explain the games and the terminology that is used in pool, so people who don't really play pool much will understand what is going on. We also give a little demonstration on how to do a draw shot.

We are trying to get money flowing to the players and would like to expand our games and players.

Thanks,
Jim

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim,

it might add to the sale of the videos if you posted in the for sale section & listed them as "real action pool videos" or something like that.

Good luck with your project.

Slim

Drilltrash

Registered
I was unable to even come close to purchasing it. I picked someone from the drop down and all I got was errors no matter who I picked or what I did...

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
That has to be one of the worst edited trailers/videos I have ever seen.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why should we expect anything else?

Reality pool playing is just ridiculous.
Wish they would stop trying to promote pool from this angle.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate someone creating art and that's to be lauded.
However, I see pool shows as not in the best interest of pool.
We have beat up that particular topic in previous threads.

Our (or any) sport is not something to be shown through the eyes of others:
unless it is a documentary of a particular player--a very different beast.

Pool should be promoted through actual competition, with players who have honest and organic personalities:
not this manufactured and scripted bullsh**.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had no intention of purchasing any of these videos, but was curious about the ordering process after i read post #3.
So i went ahead & ordered the first video (uncensored version).
i had no trouble ordering, only took about two minutes.
I don't have sound on the computer that i am on right now, but the video quality looks pretty good.
Once i can get to my laptop i will post on how the over all experience of the show is.
If anyone is interested i will be posting on it some time this weekend.

Slim

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

Pool should be promoted through actual competition, with players who have honest and organic personalities:
Im not talking about the content or subject of the show... Im just talking about the editing of that trailer.

With that being said, with the trailer being edited so poorly it will make the buyer wonder if the editing in the show will be bad as well.

Great reply. I agree with everything you said.

I thought the trailer was funny. That last comment the girl made was pretty funny I thought, lol. This is not something that the serious players would have any interest in seeing, but maybe the general public possibly.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just finished watching the first episode.
The video & audio quality was very good.
Several cameras provided a good mix of angles making you kind of feel like you were there, involved in what was going on.
The pool playing was less than stellar, but realistic.
I was not impressed with the two gals that commented about the games as they were being played.
I didn't see the point of explaining how to rack the balls for each of the three games played. 8, 9 & 10 ball.

In all honesty, I would say that i did enjoy watching it & I may purchase future episodes.
I would recommend spending the 10 bucks so you can judge for your self.

slim

nateobot

Undercover FBI Agent
Silver Member
http://www.streamingvideoprovider.c...199a3c22&ts=1457508965&playlist=#clip=1483406

This is the playlist to buy the first episode of Real Pool. There are two versions. One is censored for bad language and the other is uncensored. It costs $10, and $8 of it will be going to the players. From the drop down menu, you can pick a person, or in the case of the Real Hustlers (they are sharing the money between their players evenly), and that person or team will get the money. Not all the people in the playlist are in the show, but may be just helping to promote it. This episode is a race to 9 match playing 8 ball, 9 ball, 10 ball, or straight pool. We try to explain the games and the terminology that is used in pool, so people who don't really play pool much will understand what is going on. We also give a little demonstration on how to do a draw shot.

We are trying to get money flowing to the players and would like to expand our games and players.

Thanks,
Jim

So how are people to know which players are playing in the trailer if you have people listed that are just promoting it? For example if I wanted to watch a video that Hunter Lombardo is in, will I get a list of videos he is shooting and a separate list of videos he promotes or are they all combined? Right now there is only one video and I have no idea who is playing in it since all the names in thr dropdown point at that one video.

Thanks and good luck!

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
For the non-pool playing segment of our population, the game starts and ends at 8-ball, so the differences in the other games needs to be explained in order for them to appreciate it.

Thank you for your purchase and honest review.

I just finished watching the first episode.
The video & audio quality was very good.
Several cameras provided a good mix of angles making you kind of feel like you were there, involved in what was going on.
The pool playing was less than stellar, but realistic.
I was not impressed with the two gals that commented about the games as they were being played.
I didn't see the point of explaining how to rack the balls for each of the three games played. 8, 9 & 10 ball.

In all honesty, I would say that i did enjoy watching it & I may purchase future episodes.
I would recommend spending the 10 bucks so you can judge for your self.

slim