Please refund the money you owe!!

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7 hours later, still no reply from the OP. I know people have jobs, weddings, bar mitzvas, car breakdowns, dinners at Hooters... but he spent all that time photoshopping the red T-shirt when he could have been writing up a synopsis of the facts.

"I'll get back to you" doesn't mean next week, does it?

babyboy70363

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boo on this! Proficient is one of the best repair and restoration companies in the pool business. I've had several cues worked on by them, all for reasonable prices and they did excellent and timely work. Their name should not be on this thread!
It appears that SmokinJoe46 was attempting to lead the OP to Proficient billiards as a reputable source for a cue by the same maker he originally ordered from.......not to drag PB into the sh!tshow that's sure to ensue.

Sent from my mobular device!

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Boo on this! Proficient is one of the best repair and restoration companies in the pool business. I've had several cues worked on by them, all for reasonable prices and they did excellent and timely work. Their name should not be on this thread!

Agree 100%

HQueen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t rush to judge a man before anything is known concerning this situation.

In the current state of social media this is all too often the case.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4 pages and still no actual details :confused:

Never fear, plenty of popcorn to go around. :thumbup:

real-genius-val-eating-the-popcorn.gif

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess you needed to make yourself feel super smart so you posted this non-sense. So let me make it simple and clear.

1) No one should post something like this without giving the details of how this person wronged them. I think it’s terrible that AZ is even leaving this post up.

2) I think you telling me to refrain from ineptful humor on an Internet forum is as asinine as the original post.

Either man up and tell us what happened or take it down.

Gentlemen........please refrain from the ineptful humor since this is a genuinely important and serious issue.
Brent Summers is entitled to be judged fairly but if he decides to not participate, he deserves all the crap.
Accepting a cue order is a contract. This isn't a walk in the store, browse the display case & take a cue home.
And $2800 for a custom cue is serious money and the customer is entitled to the cue he ordered and still awaits.

All too often a cue-maker and his customer reside in different states that can also be very far apart. But when
different states are involved, any criminal prosecution of the cue-maker becomes much more complicated.
But what about the customer that waits and waits to get his cue and finally years later ,this cue finally shows up.
And much to the customer's dismay, the cue has flaws and is basically a botched job but the cue-maker is
basically unresponsive and refuses to refund the money. Shouldn't future customers via the Forum be alerted?

The Forum is the only location where problem cue-makers are identified and sometimes the issue gets resolved.
Brethen Azers offer suggestions....and sarcasm......but people soon find out if the issue is legitimate and that's good.
Being forewarned is almost as good as being forearmed. It's usually better to avoid a problem than confronting one.

Thank you for bringing this matter to the Forum and I do hope that this gets resolved to your ultimate satisfaction.
The cue-makers I have dealt with have been wonderful people & Bob Owen has truly been just the best of the best.
If you can get your money back, head straight to Bob and you will never be disappointed with the cue that he builds.

Matt B.

Last edited:

BSummersCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well here is the truth. I sent him the cue butt and he wasnt happy with it. I told him send it back and I'll fix what he wasnt happy with. He agreed... after 3 or 4 more days he decided he wanted a refund. I told him ok I will refund you but gonna take me some time. Never one time did I day I wont refund him. Like I told him originally I will refund Ryan Roy his money. No need for all of this. When I originally told him 5 weeks that was to add a wrap and reclear the whole cue. Then added 2 more shafts and inlays, extension handle and jps and a matching jump break cue. So I have sent him the playing cue butt which he returned and I will be refunding him. Not going to bash him I wish him the best. Thanks

hoppecopy

Registered
Brent Summers do the right thing.
Please refund my $2823.00, do not deal with this cue maker.
Here is my story I contacted Brent Summers in October, he had posted some cues online I liked one of them but it was sold to a lady, who returned it because the finish was all scratched, I didn't know this at the time I asked him if the cues for sale again he said yes I asked him to put some barbell inlays in and I paid him he told me it would be approximately 5 weeks, the next month I ordered a jump break stick to match and I paid him, figuring my cue would come in December I asked him to make me cap protect as an extension, but I am a jeweler in business for 65 years I am a rated #1 account with a Jeweler's board of trade, I made a deal with Brent that I would make his girl some jewelry in place of some money off the bill for the add on, I made the jewelry and I sent it before Christmas, at the time I figured I would have the cue by Christmas, I kept calling him and it was one excuse after another , the cue wasn't ready ,wasn't ready, finally 5 months has passed and finally he said that the shafts were not ready he would send me the butt with a warped shaft to use until the shafts are finished, as I then found out , that's supposedly the three shafts that he was making me warped because he turn them down to quick and they warped, back to the story,as you can imagine I was very happy to get something in my hands when I receive the cue it was all scratched he put a linen wrap on it was sticking over the handle you could still see the toothpick where he started the wrap, I sent the cue back the next day and ask for my money back, I told him to keep the $1,200 jewelry I made, for the inlays put in already existing cue, which is more than fair for the barbell inlays he did, I'm asking for my money back because I did not want to have to wait another five months to be disappointed again as we talked he told me stories of this cur sitting in the shop and he just wanted to get rid of it, of course I hear all these stories after the fact Mr. Summers is going through a divorce and I believe he baited me into saying 5 weeks so he could get money to pay his ex-wife divorce fees, I have bought hundreds of cues over the years over 60 from Richard black, if anybody wants to know anything about me, ask Mr Black I'm an honest person and hard working, and all I'm asking for is my money back nothing more nothing less.. unfortunately I have been screwed by cue makers before and I am not going to be screwed anymore all I'm asking for is what's mine and life can go on how can a cue maker who's make cues for 7 years turn out such a shit product warped shafts, then bait and switch me to get money to pay his attorney fees this is simply just not fair I'm not a mean person I just want my money back please!!! Please stay clear of Brent Summers cue.

Please share!!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Well here is the truth. I sent him the cue butt and he wasnt happy with it. I told him send it back and I'll fix what he wasnt happy with. He agreed... after 3 or 4 more days he decided he wanted a refund. I told him ok I will refund you but gonna take me some time. Never one time did I day I wont refund him. Like I told him originally I will refund Ryan Roy his money. No need for all of this. When I originally told him 5 weeks that was to add a wrap and reclear the whole cue. Then added 2 more shafts and inlays, extension handle and jps and a matching jump break cue. So I have sent him the playing cue butt which he returned and I will be refunding him. Not going to bash him I wish him the best. Thanks

In case anybody missed it

hoppecopy

Registered
I have contacted my attorney the credit card company and sent the letter to the better business bureau, thank you all for listening....Hoppe