I invented a 2 player cut-throat pool game!!!

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Sounds like a lot of haters are on this site dont matter its a 9ball(triple shot to win) cut-throat game whats it have to do with 8ball? waste your time more trying to say my invention already happened... don't get me wrong 99% of inventions already happened but your all making this look real good for me lol. Your all forgetting the little side cute rules that make cut-throat the game it is today the thing is trying to explain it to your friends might make them rage as well being a demon and all }:)~

First mistake was showing up here without your attorney.

Half devil trying asses tryna prove the ur simple boring dumb ass mini 8 ball game has anything creative wise to do against my 2 player version ofa cool game, makes you all look a fool since ima come at all my brothers in time to show you what is 45 times better then anything you can come up with gunna serve you all very well over time get used to it changes are coming a-hole deep enjoy ALL muahahhaa

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I'll sort of defend you.

Today's 8-ball game, you cannot win or lose on the break. Those rules were taken off the WPA and BCAPL a while ago now, in early 2000's. However, the APA, the largest body of amateur pool still has it as a win (or loss with a scratch) on the 8-ball on the break, so you're still in 8-ball zone.

You tilt the rack sideways. Okay, that's not 8-ball or 9-ball.

You play either the four solids or four stripes and must knock in that set before playing for the money ball. That's Short Rack 8-ball at its essence.

This multi-combination thing however.... that's just a wild-ass, bar rule. You get no points for originality for that.

So, in the end, it's pretty much Short Rack 8-ball. Time to eat some bananas.

Freddie <~~~ knows this 8-ball game

Healthy diet! :yeah:

11-health-benefits-of-eating-bananas copy.jpg

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is definitely SR 8 ball.
For a real "combination of 8ball and 9ball" the game to play is Saratoga.

Full rack twin rotation is a fun game. Like Saratoga the object is to run one set in rotation, except you have 7 of each set, followed by the black. But here’s the catch - the incoming player can run either set. If you legally pocket the highest numbered solid or stripe then the black is the money ball. Makes for a difficult (i.e. thinking) game when the balls decide to provide a tricky layout.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sounds like a lot of haters are on this site dont matter its a 9ball(triple shot to win) cut-throat game whats it have to do with 8ball? waste your time more trying to say my invention already happened... don't get me wrong 99% of inventions already happened but your all making this look real good for me lol. Your all forgetting the little side cute rules that make cut-throat the game it is today the thing is trying to explain it to your friends might make them rage as well being a demon and all }:)~

OK, I’ll bite. You are spotting up one of your opponent’s balls if you scratch or foul? Or are you counting fouls and scratches at all? Are you getting full table ball in hand, or is it behind the line question? Does a ball count on the break, or do they spot up?

What other cute, little side rules does Cut Throat have that you are incorporating? Do you take a drink for every ball that’s divisible by three? And is the triple combo thing really the coup de grâce?

Freddie <~~~ might like this drinking game

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Full rack twin rotation is a fun game. Like Saratoga the object is to run one set in rotation, except you have 7 of each set, followed by the black. But here’s the catch - the incoming player can run either set. If you legally pocket the highest numbered solid or stripe then the black is the money ball. Makes for a difficult (i.e. thinking) game when the balls decide to provide a tricky layout.

I think the main purpose of his original post was to promote his Facebook thing. Not sure if anyone noticed so maybe I shouldn’t have given it extra uh 10 shun.

So Swighey, in this game someone can try running the solids in rotation...get to the 4 say and miss. Then I can step up and if the solid run is best I can pick up where he left off on the 4?

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Yea well I just invented a meal where you eat breakfeast food like pancakes and bacon but at close to noon! I'll call lunchfeast. It will be eaten on Mondays. So nothing like that brunch thing you do on Sunday.

Posts on AZB are like a fish net, the more you struggle to get away, the tighter it holds you in :) Well now youze can't leave, as the movie quote goes.

:yeah:

index.jpeg.jpg

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the main purpose of his original post was to promote his Facebook thing. Not sure if anyone noticed so maybe I shouldn’t have given it extra uh 10 shun.

So Swighey, in this game someone can try running the solids in rotation...get to the 4 say and miss. Then I can step up and if the solid run is best I can pick up where he left off on the 4?

Yes, just like in standard rotation games, you can continue the run. Except you can also run the stripes in order. Neither set ever belongs to either player, they are just a means to an end. If the shot on the 4, for example, is missable then the shooter should be considering the ease (or difficulty) of both runouts is he or she misses the 4.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t degrade R.P.S.!!!

When A beats B, And B beats C...BUT! C BEATS A!!!...Anything can happen at any time. The most complex and intense of mathematical hand gaming.

By the by, I’ve never seen someone with a red bar underneath. That didn’t take long

"Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock!

Last edited:
8ball is a pretty simple game mine has all kinds of fun little extras dont forget if you make a triple shot with the 9 ball you win the whole game hehehe '-'

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
I want to thank this thread for pointing out Fast 8 ball, racked and broken like 9 ball.

I can't believe I hadn't already thought to try that.

We go back and forth between 8 ball and 9 ball, as it is. This is a little bit of both, and you can win on the break. What's not to like?

I played 5 racks of this when I got home from work, and also experimented with a Soft Break; keeping the balls on one half of my 9 foot table. It makes for an interesting game of pool. The 8 ball didn't move much; but I was making a ball on the break, every other break.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Not to hijack this thread... but here are 2 games posted below the quotes...

OK, I’ll bite. You are spotting up one of your opponent’s balls if you scratch or foul? Or are you counting fouls and scratches at all? Are you getting full table ball in hand, or is it behind the line question? Does a ball count on the break, or do they spot up?

What other cute, little side rules does Cut Throat have that you are incorporating? Do you take a drink for every ball that’s divisible by three? And is the triple combo thing really the coup de grâce?

Freddie <~~~ might like this drinking game

FIVE... http://sites.google.com/site/poolandbilliard/Home/five

I played 5 racks of this when I got home from work, and also experimented with a Soft Break; keeping the balls on one half of my 9 foot table. It makes for an interesting game of pool. The 8 ball didn't move much; but I was making a ball on the break, every other break.

FAST 8... http://sites.google.com/site/poolandbilliard/Home/fast-8

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
OK, your new game is awsome, totally original and cleverly named. And not just the game but you personally are an amazing inventor, there's no telling what will come next and we can hardly bear to wait for the next golden nugget.

There's really no point in discussing it any further, it's perfect as is and our comparisons to existing games and suggestions are just haters being haters.

Here ya go participant

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Half devil trying asses tryna prove the ur simple boring dumb ass mini 8 ball game has anything creative wise to do against my 2 player version ofa cool game, makes you all look a fool since ima come at all my brothers in time to show you what is 45 times better then anything you can come up with gunna serve you all very well over time get used to it changes are coming a-hole deep enjoy ALL muahahhaa
^^^^^ U ain't evn goot at trolln'..... fool.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wowie, this is why you don't post when off meds.

If you did not say you played pool for some many years I would have guessed you were 16 from the posts based on writing and reasoning ability.

This is also why people that manage to gain red rep end up getting banned soon after, they just crazy and stubborn and love to argue a lost cause.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I thought the whole point of the original Cutthroat game was to allow multiple players so someone isn't sitting and watching. If you have two players, just play pool.
Perhaps I have my games mixed up.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I thought the whole point of the original Cutthroat game was to allow multiple players so someone isn't sitting and watching. If you have two players, just play pool.

Perhaps I have my games mixed up.
They are just playing pool but pretending they are the other person I guess.

I think a better name would be "Modified Crazy 8 Fantasy Role Play 9".

Costumes are optional but encouraged.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk