Camera angles changing during mid-shot

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The quality of streams has never been better or more plentiful. I appreciate it so much. Good commentary, good matches, great definition.

The only critique for me is when the commentators fiddle with the cameras too often during a match, or even during a shot. Many have a few camera angles to toggle between. At it's best this can be valuable, so on occasion when it makes sense you can see a certain key shot from a different angle. But in general too many adjustments can be a negative.

When I watch pool it's often from a chair, and I can watch the entire match from one spot. I get used to seeing things from that spot, it makes me feel like I'm ring side. Some streamers just compulsively flip flop from camera to camera, and often during the middle of the shot. It is really abrasive to me and I've had to stop watching certain streams because of it. My tip to these streamers- just because you can doesn't mean you should. Less is more.

Just my opinion. Thanks for what you do, I'll gladly support the quality streams with pay-per-view contributions!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I share your sentiments, all of them in that post.

I like the 3/4 view from the rack end of the table, the standard mostly. The overhead view is awesome for checking if something passes but during play I hate it. The only other time I really like a switch is when the player is blocking the camera basically.

And just to add confusion I’d also occasionally like to see a side view of good breakers breaking