Im Baaaaaack

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sabbatical I took from AtoZ turned out to be longer than the one that was forced upon me. I needed a break. I have been lurking here and there, and it seems like we have some new members whose posts actually concern pool. So I look forward to posting again, with a semi-new alias, a refreshed outlook, but with the same sharp viewpoint. And thank you to all those who stood up for me, who stood up for what was right. So with no further reflections, lets get to posting.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you are back, then you need to continue using the original screen name as we do not allow multiple personalities.

Thank you.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Search out an admin and ask.

too easy eh?

That would be similar in fashion to Ray Charles finding the corner of 1st Ave and NE 122nd St.................... wait, he's dead.

Kind of hard to "search out an admin" if you can't PM, no?

-Ross
it's ponderous, man....

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Search out an admin and ask.

too easy eh?
I noticed that runoutalloveru2 has been banned for coming back after his ban with a different user name. Since it should be the same rules for everybody then - CocoboloCowboy should be banned for coming back after a ban and using another user name. He was banned previously under PoolSleuth I believe. If the same rules don't apply to him I would like an explanation.

Thanks in advance.

BVal

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No

Is choosing a new screen name against the rules?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=108400

No it is permitted to change your username. I did so recently, all I did was contact Mike and ask him to change it when he had a moment. Presto new name. I believe if you are not permanently banned you can contact Mike once your account is reinstated and request a new name. Having multiple accounts is a no no...
JMO!!!

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Does anyone who has posted here know who this individual is and what previous user name he had?

If so why was he banned before ? If you don't want to say publicly send me a Pm.

Thanks Craig:)

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
I believe his username used to be runoutalloverU without the "2." I could be mistaken; however, I believe that was his original username.

sde

Silver Member
I am guessing this is why he was banned again.

BVal

My take on this is that only the new user name has been banned and that he will be allowed to post under his original name.

Quote Mr. Wilson
If you are back, then you need to continue using the original screen name as we do not allow multiple personalities.

Thank you.

This is his last post using his original name and does not seem to be banned.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=1284601&postcount=3

I could be wrong, it has happened before.

Steve

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I don't see the big deal, it's pretty clear he's not using a 2nd account to try to hide anything. The name is so identical to his old one that I didn't notice the change until he want out of his way to mention it in his post.

I say if there's good intentions and no danger anyone will get confused, let it go... but really it's up to the mods and who gives a crap what I say :) Just wanted to point out that if the guy really is looking for a fresh start, let's not all jump on his nuts just yet until he does something worth calling out. And I wouldn't sweat it if the mods aren't 100% consistent in how they handle this stuff. It's a volunteer job and every situation is different and even if 1 mod is super consistent, a different mod might handle things differently.

I will never let anyone tell me "lighten up, it's just a game" about pool. But I often feel like saying that about online forums =)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think so too

My take on this is that only the new user name has been banned and that he will be allowed to post under his original name.

Quote Mr. Wilson

This is his last post using his original name and does not seem to be banned.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=1284601&postcount=3

I could be wrong, it has happened before.

Steve

Steve,

I think you are right and that is the deal. When your banishment is over you go back to using your old account. The mod's will change your name if you ask nice but they frown on you having more than one working account.

Hu

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In post #11, I linked to an AZer who has two active accounts. He even started a thread about it.

Personally, I don't care if you have a million accounts, but consistency in enforcement should be a goal of moderation IMO.

Maybe they missed that one.

Reactions: sde

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I believe his username used to be runoutalloverU without the "2." I could be mistaken; however, I believe that was his original username.

Thanks for the information, I think you are right!! What a jerk!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.