Spring/Summer Adventures

ElMaverickUK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Salutations all, I hope this is finding each of you happy and healthy.

To cut a long story short, I am taking a 6 month sabbatical from work to come and explore the lands of North America, will be spending the majority of the time in Canada I believe, starting in Calgary/BC. If anyone has any tips/ninja destinations, hidden gems of halls/bars or just generally words of advice for a wandering Englishman I will be happy to hear them.

Haven't played in the longest time, and not looking for any 'action' per se just to meet good people and have an enjoyable time exploring the area :D

Enough of my ramblings for now, anyone that can help I would be greatly appreciative, thank you.

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
Salutations all, I hope this is finding each of you happy and healthy.

To cut a long story short, I am taking a 6 month sabbatical from work to come and explore the lands of North America, will be spending the majority of the time in Canada I believe, starting in Calgary/BC. If anyone has any tips/ninja destinations, hidden gems of halls/bars or just generally words of advice for a wandering Englishman I will be happy to hear them.

Haven't played in the longest time, and not looking for any 'action' per se just to meet good people and have an enjoyable time exploring the area :D

Enough of my ramblings for now, anyone that can help I would be greatly appreciative, thank you.

JRs in Calgary is a good place to play. If you get up to Edmonton give me a ring and you'll have a friendly face to play.

BTW Calgary is in Alberta, not BC. :)

kanecalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calgary Pool Scene

Jr's is a very nice bar/billiards (8 Diamond 7fts, 2 Diamond 9fts) $12/hr weekdays, $14/hr fri and sat after 4 pm.

Leather Pocket Billiards seems to be where most players are playing nowadays. (8 valley 7fts, 4-9fts, 4 snooker 6x12, 2-8fts). For $10 you can play on any table except snooker tables from open till 2am. For $20, you can play snooker from open till 2am. For $25, you can combine both deals. Also, has a pro-shop.

Mikes Billiards (3 snooker 6x12, 1 snooker 5x10, 6 Valley 7fts, 4 Dufferin 9fts, 4 Dufferin 8fts) $12/hr. Also, has a pro-shop.

Chills Billiards is on the south end of the city with 16 Dufferin 9ft Titans I believe, and 2 Valley 7fts. Approx. 12/hr.

Few other halls, but those are the main ones. Let me know if would like me to post the weekly tourney scene.

You can also join the group "Calgary Pool Scene" on Facebook. You can use it to look for action,practice,tourney info, and whats going on in the Calgary area. "Alberta Billiards" is another great group if your traveling around Alberta.

Banff is close by if you're looking to enjoy the mountains and beautiful scenery.

ElMaverickUK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for assistance :)

JRs in Calgary is a good place to play. If you get up to Edmonton give me a ring and you'll have a friendly face to play.

BTW Calgary is in Alberta, not BC. :)

firstly thanks for replying folks :)

Thanks for the heads up :D ahhh fail on my part, I meant to write Alberta/BC, I have been staring at maps recently, think my brain may have dissolved a little.

I will be starting in Alberta, so for sure would be up for a game, thanks for the kind offer.

Kane, wow thanks for the detailed information. I am definitely hoping to see Banff as I have heard nothing but awesome things about it. I may have to take advantage of leather pocket sounds like a crackig deal and especially to combine the pool/snooker, even though I am hopeless at each.

Information much appreciated, and supergreenman, try and go easy on me! at least first drink is on me.

guelphdad

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And while you are visiting, you need to hate everything about Toronto unless you are actually in Toronto.

And if you are in Western Canada you hate everything east of Manitoba.

If you are in Quebec then the rest of the country is out to get you.

And in Ontario, if you are north of say Barrie then you hate everyone to the south. And if you are in southern Ontario then anything north of Toronto is wilderness.

And if you are anywhere in Canada and it is Saturday night, you better be watching hockey of some sort. Preferably with a cold beer in your hand. Toques not necessary. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssCZWBtwUTI)

Oh and coffee/donut shops are on just about every corner.

ElMaverickUK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
12 days... woot

hi again.

Well flight to Calgary all booked and first 10 days sorted.. 4 more shifts remaining at the hellhole, I then have 5 months to explore your no doubt beautiful land, not a bad 30th birthday present to myself :)

if anyone is up for a game or 50, please drop me a message, I believe I am at least vaguely good company, if not much of a challenge.

Hope this finds you all well, and I guess Watch out Canada.. There;s another Englishman coming :)

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
hi again.

Well flight to Calgary all booked and first 10 days sorted.. 4 more shifts remaining at the hellhole, I then have 5 months to explore your no doubt beautiful land, not a bad 30th birthday present to myself :)

if anyone is up for a game or 50, please drop me a message, I believe I am at least vaguely good company, if not much of a challenge.

Hope this finds you all well, and I guess Watch out Canada.. There;s another Englishman coming :)

If you get to Saskatoon (about 500 KM east of Calgary in the next province over) drop me a PM.

Dave