Cool old Josswest stuff...............

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting...Bill S had a full color catalog when he had his shop in Aspen. I still own a couple of them. The most expensive cue back then (early 70's) was $750, and it was all ivory.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Interesting...Bill S had a full color catalog when he had his shop in Aspen. I still own a couple of them. The most expensive cue back then (early 70's) was $750, and it was all ivory.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I've still got the brochure he had back then and one of the cues

Which brochure was it - the single sheet, or the foldout, three sheet spread? I'd love to have one if either of you would sell.

Josh

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which brochure was it - the single sheet, or the foldout, three sheet spread? I'd love to have one if either of you would sell.

Josh

Mine is the three page fold out with a price list on the back. I'm really not interested in selling now as it's the only one I have. It's a little ragged too, was punched to go in a ring binder and has seen some wear.

bumbay3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott,

Where is the cue I made for you?

Bill S.

Hi Mr Stroud,

In the brochure to the far right are 2 box cues, which are simply beautiful. I'm curious:

1. Did you make many of these cues?
2. Where were you located in the country when the greatest production of the box point cues occurred (B-More, Colorado, OK, TX or NM)?
3. I never see these up for sale on any sites? Were only a few produced?

I hope all is well.

I still play with my '70's JossWest more than any of my other cues. Your cue styling and design is simply classic, crisp, clean and timeless.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had my car stolen back in the 90's and my old JW was in it.

The police recovered the car few months later but the cue was never seen again :mad:

Every time i see a Joss thread it reminds me of how much i still miss that old cue. :)

bstroud

Deceased
Hi Mr Stroud,

In the brochure to the far right are 2 box cues, which are simply beautiful. I'm curious:

1. Did you make many of these cues?
2. Where were you located in the country when the greatest production of the box point cues occurred (B-More, Colorado, OK, TX or NM)?
3. I never see these up for sale on any sites? Were only a few produced?

I hope all is well.

I still play with my '70's JossWest more than any of my other cues. Your cue styling and design is simply classic, crisp, clean and timeless.

I didn't make a lot of box cues. Many were made for myself to play with.
Very few had the silver veneers.
My favorite were the pink ivory wood ones.
Most were made in CO.
The first were made in Tulsa.

Bill Stroud

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
top poster with the 7 cues, can you tell me what is the model (#) of the
cue 3rd from the right? It is mine, except with tracks instead of dashes
on the rings.....just curious, if you don't mind.

Thx,

td

Mine's all the way to the left! :grin: exactly the same, as near as I can tell. :grin:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I had Bill's first catalog but where it is at the moment I have no idea. In a box some where, we've moved many times since then.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The one my son is using is 5th from the left Tulipwood which he thinks is ugly but it plays great.

bumbay3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't make a lot of box cues. Many were made for myself to play with.
Very few had the silver veneers.
My favorite were the pink ivory wood ones.
Most were made in CO.
The first were made in Tulsa.

Bill Stroud

Thanks, Mr. Stroud!

"PINK IVORY" is such a beautiful wood.

I would love to have a "PINK IVORY" Josswest Box Cue!