3 Piece Cue

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I'm gonna try this, has Anyone else? My 89 Kikel shafts, that I used during my play days is worn way too thin. It was a 13 mm, but after too much play the shafts are WAY smaller and whippie.
So I tried this, I had (Ernie Martinez) cut one of the two shafts.... 2'' shorter and reinstalled the ivory ferrule, it works good for bar tables (56'' cue) but it's still too thin.
Kikel also made me a 5'' extension. So....
I'm now going to cut that same shaft again and make it 24'' in length. Then I will attach the 5'' extension to the cue and the shaft, making the cue 58'' again.
It will then have allot more forward weight (the cue will probably be heavier than it's original weight) it will be very interesting to see how it ''feels'' and plays since it's balance point will change.

Your thoughts....I'm hoping it will be stiff, like a carbon shaft.

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did Dave use a radial pin on your cue? its been so long ago, but i'm thinking he didn't use a radial on my old cue back then. If yours is a radial call me tomorrow. I might have something for you.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Did Dave use a radial pin on your cue? its been so long ago, but i'm thinking he didn't use a radial on my old cue back then. If yours is a radial call me tomorrow. I might have something for you.

5/16 14 pin....

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not buy a partial shaft and have somebody use the existing ringwork of the old shaft and make a new shaft(s).?

bstroud

Deceased
Bill,

I have made 3 piece cues in the past.
They work just fine and are way easier to travel with.
I had some smaller Radial pins made just for them.

Bill S.

jeremy8000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be really interesting if someone were to make a quality 3pc cue in full carbon fibre. That could present a real 'travel' cue about which one doesn't have to be concerned about warpage fromsimply leaving it in the trunk, could maintain a more conventional balance point, etc.

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be really interesting if someone were to make a quality 3pc cue in full carbon fibre. That could present a real 'travel' cue about which one doesn't have to be concerned about warpage fromsimply leaving it in the trunk, could maintain a more conventional balance point, etc.

A member on here has one for flying.. he will most likely comment when he sees this.

seanandnik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kilby

Ron Kilby also makes a 3 piece travel cue, I have never seen one but they get great reviews on his website