Where is the 626?

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has john schmidt’s amazing inning been “approved?”

I think I read here somewhere that bca had "approved" it, but I'm not sure.

in the 626 vein, this was posted just a few days ago at
https://www.facebook.com/john.schmidt.mr400/:

"Notice:

We will be updating John’s Billiard FB Page in the next few days...
He will soon be found on FB as: ‘Mr600 John Schmidt’.
This change will also include links to a new website (still tweaking it) and other social media links.
It’s been a fantastic year so far for my husband and Team Schmidt.
It is our hope that all of you will continue to be a part of this wonderful era in Billiards, and share in our joy.

Happy July 4th to All...❤️🇺🇸💙

Sincerely,

Felicity Schmidt"

so I guess john thinks his record is legit, anyway:smile:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
By who?? The BCA???? Who cares who signs-off on it?? How 'bout "AZB Approved"?? Works for me.

About how I see it. This run happened and that's the end of it. Also, does the BCA actually have any role in certifying anything that happens outside the realm of competition?

This run happened and I'm sure the Guinness Book of World Records will accept it as valid, which is all we should really care about.

John has made history, and neither the BCA nor anyone else can take it from him.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About how I see it. This run happened and that's the end of it. Also, does the BCA actually have any role in certifying anything that happens outside the realm of competition?

This run happened and I'm sure the Guinness Book of World Records will accept it as valid, which is all we should really are about.

John has made history, and neither the BCA nor anyone else can take it from him.
Great minds think alike. ;)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The 626 is in the station....

A6E794D1-9E34-411E-8D11-700ED8ED1676.jpeg

....but it has to be cleaned before passengers can get aboard

BuddyWing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is " Blackjack "

Dave could watch the tape and tell if this is a
good run or not.
I think he has done this in the past. LOL

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A swing(s) and a miss? :rolleyes:

Thats what I was thinking.

Maybe if someone paid Filler, Thorsten, Neils, Efren( He runs balls so good I cant count him out) for 2 months
they "might" come close.

Very doubtful.

My money is ready when this dvd comes out.
I love Johns commentary on his runs.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dewey Decimal Classification

620 Engineering
620 Engineering & Applied operations
621 Applied physics
622 Mining & related operations
623 Military & nautical engineering
624 Civil engineering
625 Engineering of railroads, roads
626 Not assigned or no longer used
627 Hydraulic engineering
628 Sanitary engineering
629 Other branches of engineering

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
In answer to the OP's question:

"The 626" is a California telephone area code covering most of the San Gabriel Valley and nearby areas in the northeastern portion of Los Angeles County, California, U.S., including Arcadia, Monrovia, El Monte, most of Pasadena and West Covina.

pj
chgo

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
626 is also the highest number in the Köchel catalogue of the compositions of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and is assigned to his last work, the Requiem he did not live to finish.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
about how i see it. This run happened and that's the end of it. Also, does the bca actually have any role in certifying anything that happens outside the realm of competition?

This run happened and i'm sure the guinness book of world records will accept it as valid, which is all we should really care about.

John has made history, and neither the bca nor anyone else can take it from him.

tap tap tap

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The prime factors of 626 are 2 and 313. Similarly, the prime factors of 526 are 2 and 263.

By contrast, Eufemia's 625 factors to 5*5*5*5 and Cranfield's 768 factors to 2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*3.

662 factors to 2*331 and it is a rearrangement of John's numbers both factored and unfactored. Expect it to be the next record.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The prime factors of 626 are 2 and 313. Similarly, the prime factors of 526 are 2 and 263.

By contrast, Eufemia's 625 factors to 5*5*5*5 and Cranfield's 768 factors to 2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*3.

662 factors to 2*331 and it is a rearrangement of John's numbers both factored and unfactored. Expect it to be the next record.

Wow, I never learned that in my higher education...
..'course, the only way I got outta grade four was cuz my brothers burnt down the school.
:embarrassed2:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Ah, good old number theory. To me, it's the Eufemia run that doesn't fit, as it can't be represented as the sum of two primes.

768 = 761 + 7
626 = 619 + 7
526 = 521+ 5

For 625, it just can't be done.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess I'm the only one who'd still like to see an unedited video first.

Lou Figueroa
"Trust but verify."
The Gipper