Scrimshaw/Engrave test peices

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Ok, I have been talking to my dad lately about the Scrimshaw/Engraving work. He would like to test it out and he has Ivory but has no way to cut it. If there was anyone that would be willing to give a few smaller peices of ivory to test out Im sure he would compensate in a future cue build. He is exceptional. He also sounded very interested in engraving steel joints. Please PM me if you would be willing to donate anything. Here are some examples of his work.

242683_102_full.jpg

242683_103_full.jpg

242683_104_full.jpg

242683_105_full.jpg

RDCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
plshrk22 said:
Ok, I have been talking to my dad lately about the Scrimshaw/Engraving work. He would like to test it out and he has Ivory but has no way to cut it. If there was anyone that would be willing to give a few smaller peices of ivory to test out Im sure he would compensate in a future cue build. He is exceptional. He also sounded very interested in engraving steel joints. Please PM me if you would be willing to donate anything. Here are some examples of his work.

242683_102_full.jpg

242683_103_full.jpg

242683_104_full.jpg

242683_105_full.jpg

Ivory is not cheap to donate. However if he has ivory I am sure someone would be willing to turn it. You also could order some joint and butt pieces just a recommendation.
Nice looking work!!!

santeetech

Silver Member
too early for specific questions???????

Is it too early to ask some of the specific questions?

We would need to send you a virtually completed cue that only needs to be painted.

What would we be looking at for a turnaround time?

Would you be able to work in a temperature and humidy controlled workspace to help prevent mother nature f,,,,,ing up the raw cue?

How much $/sq inch?

Obviously interested, beautiful work! If it too early to talk details just say so.

ps: we have 20lbs of ivory to work with