Are they really playing for $200K ?

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't see it but there are bleachers on each side of the table set back and tables that go around the table. It might look like there isn't a crowd but there is probably ranging around a 100 people there from what I have seen with more coming and going throughout the sessions. Even at the conclusion of each night there are still 50 or so sweating it. Each camp has 5-10 people with them alone for support. I will try and get a picture tomorrow showing the crowd better if I get the chance.
I'm sorta wondering if those folks are spending money in the place, or if they're just buying one soda pop & a bag of peanuts? Me & my pals, (6 of us), can't run 3 balls in a row yet each of our tabs tonight were near $100.00 each, (food + drinks + quarters). The bar owner and bartender are bursting with glee when we walk in the place !!! (and when we leave) LOL

Last edited:

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't see it but there are bleachers on each side of the table set back and tables that go around the table. It might look like there isn't a crowd but there is probably ranging around a 100 people there from what I have seen with more coming and going throughout the sessions. Even at the conclusion of each night there are still 50 or so sweating it. Each camp has 5-10 people with them alone for support. I will try and get a picture tomorrow showing the crowd better if I get the chance.

Thanks. I was mystified by the visual. Thanks for all your work the stream is pretty much the highlight of my pool watching for the last ten years at least.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I believe that they are actually playing for more.

I would suspect that JB speaks truth here.

Side action alone here in FL is burly to say the least.
I haven't seen action over a match like this since Scotty played Alex last.

It's all good maing.

Lesh

Yes, I did bet on Frosty... by 2 games

Last edited:

bmoretallpaul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would suspect that JB speaks truth here.

Side action alone here in FL is burly to say the least.
I haven't seen action over a match like this since Scotty played Alex last.

It's all good maing.

Lesh

Yes, I did bet on Frosty... by 2 games

I can testify that here in Baltimore, I alone have 4 figure's on this match and others significantly more. the information I received related to this match is that it is truly for that amount. So, sit back and relax, and watch a FREE stream.
Big Shout out to Lenny Marshall for providing us with this stream.

GoldenFlash

Banned
Making public noises about this kind of high action reminds me of the old days of Johnston City.
The feds and tax gestapo agents get woke up to this and then........well we know the rest.
Lots of money to be "held for evidence", you know. Even the local heat wakes up.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I believe Lenny & Jay, that they are playing for 200k,but it's not a crazy or out of line question by the OP. Two of the names Dennis O and Carom Billiards were in the French connection of the 50k a man action match not too long ago.Johnnyt

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I suspect this is the most bet on match of all time! EVERYONE got down on this match! There is probably a lot more side money than in the middle. And that's a fact Jack! :thumbup:

Talk in the chat room is, it's not even near that amount.
Can the bet be confirmed?

Why do you or any of the fans really care? It is really none of anyones business (other then the players and their backers). It is still a great match to watch, no matter how big or small the size of the bet is. What is the big deal, about if they are really playing for any certain amount of money, or not? Why is the size of the bet such a big deal to the fans? Sorry, but I just do not get it. I would still love to watch the match, no matter how much the bet is, and on top of that I and all of you fans get to watch the match for free. So, even if the marketing is just a big scam, who cares? You fans are not losing a penny over it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talk in the chat room is, it's not even near that amount.
Can the bet be confirmed?

I believe is legit, the money is the true bet.

As to whether there is a 10, 20,40, 60% saver, who knows? I wouldn't think that would be the case, but who knows?

Some people are such idots, (not you Joey)), but hey, everyone is entitled to have their opinions. I'm sorry, but it frustrates the hell out of me when people say so much stupid sheet. If they just use a little bit of their brains, they will see that the players are fighting hard. You think the players are playing for free???

Anyway.....

Do you see the 3 guys sitting along the long rail? They are the main corporation for Dennis' camp.

Scott's camp consist of the Sword brothers and Hank.

There are possibly other backers involved.

I myself have put up cash in some big actions.

I know of at least 1 person that will put both of these 2 camps combined to shame when it comes to gambling in pool.

Just because you guys don't gamble doesn't mean that everyone is like you and don't gamble. Hell, just look into another subforum here. They are total degenerates gamblers.

Let's just stop the non sense bs rumors. Give the two guys some respect.

Great post.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
Question for Jay H: What do you think is the appropriate percentage to be given to the winner by their stakehorses should they win? Also, I would think that number would be a bit smaller than usual due to the toughness of the opponent, yes?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are no-names that play for 5-10K at DCC. I'm sure these world class players can get staked for 50-100K. Although it might be a group of backers.

I know dudes that put up 5-10K on a football game and they'll do it weekly.

There's plenty of people with money that loves to gamble.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
What is the format? Sorry.... Im never on here anymore and I heard about it but didnt get the format..

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They start at 3pm and quit when a player reaches 10, 20,30, and 40. So usually around near midnight.

Playing even, race to 40 for $200k(in the middle).

Vivian Marran

Registered
This has been a really pleasant production. The YouTube availability and quality is perfect. I have been watching from everywhere and when at home on AppleTV via YouTube.

Lots of fun.

If the legitimacy of the money concerns you, I say Lenny gets the benefit of all doubts until proven otherwise....which I don't see happening for some reason.

Keep it up man. Good show.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe Lenny & Jay, that they are playing for 200k,but it's not a crazy or out of line question by the OP. Two of the names Dennis O and Carom Billiards were in the French connection of the 50k a man action match not too long ago.Johnnyt

i with you johnny, I believe the money is real since the sword brothers have a good reputation and the stream is free which is fantastic and the way forward IMO

its not an out of line question though, and i was a little disappointed frost and sword dismissed it as nonsense in the pre match interview as well as lenny calling people clueless here

dennis was involved in the ko match at steinway where they literally duped everyone for an exhibition then tried to do the same again with the SVB match.

Dennis still hasnt really addressed this. I agree its shitty lenny and it has been answered so it should be put to bed now and concentrate on the match but to say its an unreasonable question is naive

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for clarifying Lenny and Jay that they are indeed playing for the amount as advertised. I am a bit surprised that you both seem to wonder why anyone would question this. I mean after the famous John French incident and all.:angel2:

Probably because people like you who obviously have never been around high stakes gambling are on a internet forum questioning whether someone is actually betting or not. Have you ever been to the derby and watched for a day. There is sets anywhere from 1000-50,000 going on on every table in the venue for 9 straight days,24 hours a day. I personally know of 25 k bet on this match(scott-dennis) by people not at the event . Do you people not know that some people in this world have enough money to bet high. Just because your comfort zone(or budget) only allows you to bet 10-100 dollars doesn,t mean noone else is actually betting 6 figures. I,m not gonna call out names (for respect to their privacy) but i know a guy who lost 610,000 in two days at the derby playing for 40-60,000 PER GAME 1 pocket at the derby this year. And yes the money was paid after each session. I do understand that it is a lot of money,but why do people like you feel the need to question things you have nothing to do with.and for all you people worrying about the IRS,do you think they can tax you on money just because someone on the internet SAYS x amount of money was won. Good grief people why do you think their is w-2s and 10-99s ( because the government has to have PROOF that income was earned. Not hearsay on the internet of gambling) grow up people!

GoldenFlash

Banned
BIg Daddy says.........."BULL"

Probably because people like you who obviously have never been around high stakes gambling are on a internet forum questioning whether someone is actually betting or not. Have you ever been to the derby and watched for a day. There is sets anywhere from 1000-50,000 going on on every table in the venue for 9 straight days,24 hours a day. I personally know of 25 k bet on this match(scott-dennis) by people not at the event . Do you people not know that some people in this world have enough money to bet high. Just because your comfort zone(or budget) only allows you to bet 10-100 dollars doesn,t mean noone else is actually betting 6 figures. I,m not gonna call out names (for respect to their privacy) but i know a guy who lost 610,000 in two days at the derby playing for 40-60,000 PER GAME 1 pocket at the derby this year. And yes the money was paid after each session. I do understand that it is a lot of money,but why do people like you feel the need to question things you have nothing to do with.and for all you people worrying about the IRS,do you think they can tax you on money just because someone on the internet SAYS x amount of money was won. Good grief people why do you think their is w-2s and 10-99s ( because the government has to have PROOF that income was earned. Not hearsay on the internet of gambling) grow up people!
You obviously do not know squat about the IRS gestapo and how they can screw it on if they get a whiff of easy money. They are accountable to no one, not elected, and can run wild over you at will.
With the IRS gestapo, YOU are guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. YOU will be thrown under the harsh light of questioning under oath. Your wife or girlfriend will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat to save themselves...you think they're gonna' do time or face fines because they "just wuvvv you". Hah...fat chance of that happening.
YOU will have to answer (or perjure yourself) about your safety deposit boxes, what you've typed on your computer, what websites you've visited, how did you pay for that cruise you took? How did YOU pay for that boat when you state you only made $15,000 as a 'junkman' last year. On and on it will go.
Everything about YOU will be gone over with a fine tooth comb.....anal exam city (figuratively speaking).
This is why I say it is wise to KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT when it comes to discussing high rolling action over the web. (they're not interested in puny little $20 sweat bets). It's the big dogs they like to nail.
Learn it, bub.....and shut it. Gambling like this is illegal in Wisconsin as well........KEEP IT ON THE QUIET, for crying out loud.
Not only are you leaving yourself wide open for a shot, but many others else as well. And don't sit there and say "I wouldn't rat anyone else out", either.
Ohhhhhh yes you will, you'll sing like a bird if you're given the option of some time or dropped charges for helping them out. (also you can get a nice monetary reward from the bastards)
To use your own words....GROW UP!

Last edited: