Clone Cues

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It says custom made but you can order the cue as 17,
18, 19, 20, & 21 ozs. I have a hunch that all they do
is make a light cue to start with & then they just stick
a heavier weight bolt in the butt. This is a disaster that
is desperately in search of another victim. Caveat Emptor!

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Knock-off cues

Well, they are not going to stop at doing just TAD cues - just saw that they have copy one of mine as well - ha.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, they are not going to stop at doing just TAD cues - just saw that they have copy one of mine as well - ha.

Look at that... someone needs to tell them
this ain’t right.. Anito Kid, are you in the
house?
EVEN if you’re just showing the designs
you’re inspired by, using photos of
others’ work is not cool.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see what one of these cues actually looks like.

Looks to be the seller is in the Philippines.

He seems to get positive reviews if you read the feedback.

I see it says that the seller does not accept returns.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It says custom made but you can order the cue as 17,
18, 19, 20, & 21 ozs. I have a hunch that all they do
is make a light cue to start with & then they just stick
a heavier weight bolt in the butt. This is a disaster that
is desperately in search of another victim. Caveat Emptor!

You're not getting anything close to the original.
weight bolt is SLAG iron jammed into the butt, can't remove it, break the cue open to find it.
Inlays are bits and pieces of seashell.
Wood is usually whatever's laying on the beach.
I wouldn't make a big deal of this, children of Island natives sitting around gluing seashell into place.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
weight bolt is SLAG iron jammed into the butt, can't remove it, break the cue open to find it.
I wouldn't make a big deal of this, children of Island natives sitting around gluing seashell into place.

I have a cue I bought on here,that came from the Phillipines, and if it had a Tad logo on it , 99% of the people in the world would say it was a Tad, even pool players.
I didn't buy it to fool anyone , I bought it because I refuse to pay 10 or 12 ,000 dollars for a hunk of wood and a substance that makes you a victim, any time some zealot gets a burr up their butt.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a cue I bought on here,that came from the Phillipines, and if it had a Tad logo on it , 99% of the people in the world would say it was a Tad, even pool players.
I didn't buy it to fool anyone , I bought it because I refuse to pay 10 or 12 ,000 dollars for a hunk of wood and a substance that makes you a victim, any time some zealot gets a burr up their butt.

99% of people in the world couldn't tell the difference between a roll of Christmas wrapping paper and a Tad. Most pool players can't tell the difference between a Helmstetter and a Tad.

Anyone with the skill to clone a Tad would be able to do ok working under his own name, doesn't matter if he's working from the moon.

The market, greed, and most likely pride or ego wouldn't allow him to be pushing $200 knock-offs on ebay.

By the way, you're not going to find a lot of Tad's with ivory.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Of course 99% of the people in the world have never seen a TAD and if you think all cues are hunks of wood, you probably did well on your purchase.

PS When you sell your "TAD" I hope you inform the buyer they are not buying the real thing.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The auction just popped up while checking eBay.
Here's the photo's from that page.

I asked the seller to send an actual picture of the cue being sold.
let's wait and see what happens.

I doubt I would get what's shown in these photo's.

Attachments

• x0x.jpg
    x0x.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 854

jeremy8000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surely this is legit, right?

I mean, the seller has a Registered Trademark ("®") for the phrase "BRAND NEW, HAND-MADE."

Ebay's always fun for a laugh. A few highlights for this seller:

Feedback he leaves to all his buyers: "thank you smart buyer you ROCK!!! the best there is here" (at least there's continuity in his sense of uniqueness with how he describes his cues...)

Total number of completed/sold listings: 86
Total number of feedback ratings received: 99

Total number of completed/sold pool cue listings: 36
Total number of currently active pool cue listings: 1,911(virtually all custom, 1-of-a-kind, hand inlaid)

Total number of items currently listed for sale: 10,091

This guy must be AMAZING!

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They've always been out there but this may be the most egregious sh*t I've seen from a marketing standpoint. These guys are basically "pick your favorite cuemaker's design and we'll make a knock off."

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those images look like pictures that DIck Abbott might have done and posted on HIS website . . . what are the chances ??

boyraks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why did you buy it.