old glue and cloth

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that was left on the slate seems fairly hard to remove, I did try a little acetone earlier but it didn't seem to want to remove much, I poured it on and took a scrapper to it. Is there anything better to use that will remove all the residue that was left behind when the cloth was pulled up.

Thanks

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
that was left on the slate seems fairly hard to remove, I did try a little acetone earlier but it didn't seem to want to remove much, I poured it on and took a scrapper to it. Is there anything better to use that will remove all the residue that was left behind when the cloth was pulled up.

Thanks

You poured the acetone on? Are you saying the cloth was glued to the entire surface, or just to the edges?

oldschool1478

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks

Hi Ron,
I have always used lacquer thinner to remove contact cement.
Be sure to open windows and doors and use a fan. NO SMOKING!

Dan

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
residue removal

I poured it on the 2 inch area where it had been glued not the entire surface, Old school and I talked about it early this morning, so I will be trying a different method for removal.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It's all in how you scrape it off, as I've been scraping it off in just minutes for the last 35+ years.

billy-ks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use adhesive remover which I purchase at our local Menards store. Apply with a paint brush and scrapes off like butter.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
You poured the acetone on? Are you saying the cloth was glued to the entire surface, or just to the edges?

I did a table for a friend that the last monkey installed a horse blanket glued the whole got dam thing 🤣.

Stupid at its finest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro