Calling all pro speed players

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMGWTF is a good writer but I would have to say she is the dumbest pool player I ever had the acquaintance of.

Oops. How about a challenge. Both of you take an official IQ test at some university. And we all bet.

Judging by her and your posts ..... you are allowed to guess who I'd bet on :)

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, but you've made it more than clear that you don't like her, and considering that you come across as a raging asshole in every single post I see of yours, I'm gonna take that opinion with a truckload of salt.

Do you know her personally?

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oops. How about a challenge. Both of you take an official IQ test at some university. And we all bet.

Judging by her and your posts ..... you are allowed to guess who I'd bet on :)

To be clear she is dumb about pool. There are a lot of smart people who do dumb things.

She on top of being dumb about pool is also a liar.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Do you know her personally?

See the post above yours.. Seems like you are not too bright... If I KNEW her personally, then I wouldn't need to take your opinion of her with a grain of salt.

That being said, not knowing her or you personally, I can only judge either one of you by your writing. You seem like a total douchebag, and she seems like a spunky, competitive person who has to deal with a lot of shit, considering she is a female in a game dominated by men.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
To be clear she is dumb about pool. There are a lot of smart people who do dumb things.

She on top of being dumb about pool is also a liar.

You are so unintelligent you can't even make your own sentences convey your meaning. So I certainly am not gonna accept your opinion of someone else's intelligence.

"Dumb ABOUT pool.." WTF does that even mean?

She's dumb in the way she writes about pool events?

She's dumb in the way she talks with the pro players she hangs out with when she is at a large event?

She's dumb in the events sne chooses to compete in?

She's dumb in the way she approaches shotmaking?

She's dumb in the way she approaches position play?

She's dumb in the way she approaches safety play?

She's dumb in the way she approaches the mental game?

She's dumb in the way that she prepares physically for the hours of tournament play at most big tournaments?

See? Your opinion of her is so ill-communicated, no one should take your opinion to be of any value whatsoever.

FURTHERMORE, she's won an APA Amateur Championship, and I know the level of those tournaments is fairly high, so she can't possibly be THAT dumb.

Last edited:

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See the post above yours.. Seems like you are not too bright... If I KNEW her personally, then I wouldn't need to take your opinion of her with a grain of salt.

That being said, not knowing her or you personally, I can only judge either one of you by your writing. You seem like a total douchebag, and she seems like a spunky, competitive person who has to deal with a lot of shit, considering she is a female in a game dominated by men.

So frankly you have no idea about what you are talking about. Come down to Santa Monica and caucus with the rail.

She clearly is a victim and I am a mean man. Believe me your chivalry is misplaced she is a man hater.

Your opinion lacks portfolio.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are so unintelligent you can't even make your own sentences convey your meaning. So I certainly am not gonna accept your opinion of someone else's intelligence.

"Dumb ABOUT pool.." WTF does that even mean?

She's dumb in the way she writes about pool events?

She's dumb in the way she talks with the pro players she hangs out with when she is at a large event?

She's dumb in the events sne chooses to compete in?

She's dumb in the way she approaches shotmaking?

She's dumb in the way she approaches position play?

She's dumb in the way she approaches safety play?

She's dumb in the way she approaches the mental game?

She's dumb in the way that she prepares physically for the hours of tournament play at most big tournaments?

See? Your opinion of her is so ill-communicated, no one should take your opinion to be of any value whatsoever.

FURTHERMORE, she's won an APA Amateur Championship, and I know the level of those tournaments is fairly high, so she can't possibly be THAT dumb.

Actually I watched that semifinal with Rhea and the level of play was terrible.

Would you dedicate your whole life to pool and never get any coaching?

Would you tell people you have a chance against world champions in open tournaments?

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look what you started Boogey! 337 posts and counting. You are a great entertainer after all! :smile:

Entertainer? Easy now! Don't give me away quite yet, Jay! :)
I guess, it doesn't take much to rile people these days.

So let's see where we are with this....

The thread's OP (although called out for being a bit misconstrued) spoke to the recent Mills vs. Chen match.
It eventually garnered some attention, namely that Chen Siming's Fargo rating is reasonably accurate and that her number could hold against pro-speed (male) players; winning or losing, notwithstanding.

Now, I chimed in and did some barking.
I said, I'll take that bet.
I'm a mid-600 player, and I'll play Siming for the cash, straight-up
Make it a race to 50 and she doesn't have to like it.
Why?
Because endurance is gonna be a factor, and pool is not all about making balls...."

I figure, why should she play the pros? That's been done.
Why not play a (male) 'nobody?' Someone who now feels, yeah, the Fargo ratings with respect to gender could be a bit skewed (for reasons I have previously outlined). This is not a knock on Siming personally, just an interesting perception.

I apologize if I offended anyone with my testosterone point; it appears that took off on its own little tangent.

Now, I'm not attempting to be sexist. Siming is an awesome player!
She gets my respect. jia1you2!

Just simply want to do two things: 1) Challenge myself and 2) See how a male 'nobody' would fair against a highly-rated female pro.
What's the harm? (to everyone).

That being said, I'm preparing to play Siming.
Jay knows it and I think Roy knows it. Heck, Siming may even know it.
I want her to bring her intensity to this match and be prepared to show me that she is indeed who she is.
Pro player? On-line stream? In front of a huge crowd? Phooey. Doesn't phase me one-bit. I'm gonna eat that part up for lunch and then spit it out!!

This isn't b.s. so let's please stop questioning it. Be patient.
All I know is one thing, after I play Siming and get my liver handed to me (a la Earl), like I know many of you want, I know deep-down, that I'm a-gonna improve a least a ball.

And that "last-three," Donny, that you offered me a bit ago?
You ain't gonna like it, sir. :)

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Entertainer? Easy now! Don't give me away quite yet, Jay! :)
I guess, it doesn't take much to rile people these days.

So let's see where we are with this....

The thread's OP (although called out for being a bit misconstrued) spoke to the recent Mills vs. Chen match.
It eventually garnered some attention, namely that Chen Siming's Fargo rating is reasonably accurate and that her number could hold against pro-speed (male) players; winning or losing, notwithstanding.

Now, I chimed in and did some barking.
I said, I'll take that bet.
I'm a mid-600 player, and I'll play Siming for the cash, straight-up
Make it a race to 50 and she doesn't have to like it.
Why?
Because endurance is gonna be a factor, and pool is not all about making balls...."

I figure, why should she play the pros? That's been done.
Why not play a (male) 'nobody?' Someone who now feels, yeah, the Fargo ratings with respect to gender could be a bit skewed (for reasons I have previously outlined). This is not a knock on Siming personally, just an interesting perception.

I apologize if I offended anyone with my testosterone point; it appears that took off on its own little tangent.

Now, I'm not attempting to be sexist. Siming is an awesome player!
She gets my respect. jia1you2!

Just simply want to do two things: 1) Challenge myself and 2) See how a male 'nobody' would fair against a highly-rated female pro.
What's the harm? (to everyone).

That being said, I'm preparing to play Siming.
Jay knows it and I think Roy knows it. Heck, Siming may even know it.
I want her to bring her intensity to this match and be prepared to show me that she is indeed who she is.
Pro player? On-line stream? In front of a huge crowd? Phooey. Doesn't phase me one-bit. I'm gonna eat that part up for lunch and then spit it out!!

This isn't b.s. so let's please stop questioning it. Be patient.
All I know is one thing, after I play Siming and get my liver handed to me (a la Earl), like I know many of you want, I know deep-down, that I'm a-gonna improve a least a ball.

And that "last-three," Donny, that you offered me a bit ago?
You ain't gonna like it, sir. :)

Actually the thread isn't misconstrued at all and if you are so inclined to get up and play it's done it's intended purpose,, as if they know well I'll know that answer soon

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh sure

You are aware that people tell other people they can't win so they can get in on the action too?

Maybe its guys like you trying to ruin our action.

If he had more $ to bet, I promise you I'd be trying to piss him off so bad he'd take another couple thousand on the side with me to shut me up. There's all kinds of ways to get in on the action - maybe you don't understand that.
Jason

So that's what you have been doing just trying to make him mad so he will bet more?
You sly old pool hustler you. Telling him has no chance. no heart, is delusional and
on and on. That's the same old tired line every knocker uses when they caught
knocking someones game. "oh no I wasn't knocking the game I was just trying to
get him mad so he would bet more" PLEASE
meant for jasonlaus
jack

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually the thread isn't misconstrued at all and if you are so inclined to get up and play it's done it's intended purpose,, as if they know well I'll know that answer soon

Hey, one stroke.

Was just referring to what someone else had stated.
My fault though, I should have just left that parenthetical out.
Wasn't necessary to make my overall point.
Sorry, again.

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
old post from 10/27/2013:
Dear Elvicash, this is Boogeyman. I will be in Phoenix this Friday Nov 1st.
I love paying 14.1! I can meet you at Kolby's this Friday evening.

Email me at rlnslo@hotmail.com and we can swap phone numbers and plan ahead.
Not a pro, just a university student living in Tucson, AZ.

Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by boogeyman; 10-27-2013 at 11:07 AM.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
old post from 10/27/2013:
Dear Elvicash, this is Boogeyman. I will be in Phoenix this Friday Nov 1st.
I love paying 14.1! I can meet you at Kolby's this Friday evening.

Email me at rlnslo@hotmail.com and we can swap phone numbers and plan ahead.
Not a pro, just a university student living in Tucson, AZ.

Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by boogeyman; 10-27-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Ahhhh! The good old days!
Although I would have preferred that you redacted my personal info (email) from your research, thanks for the memory nonetheless.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahhhh! The good old days!
Although I would have preferred that you redacted my personal info (email) from your research, thanks for the memory nonetheless.
Well it gives you some cred and 14-1 as a choice of game tells me something also .

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, one stroke.

Was just referring to what someone else had stated.
My fault though, I should have just left that parenthetical out.
Wasn't necessary to make my overall point.
Sorry, again.
Little did he know I was sitting with someone involved I asked him if I understood it correctly and he told me yes they are looking for more matches , I know Oscar has replied on Roys FB page .
I was hoping more than you and Donny would chime in but most don't come here anymore ,but you have added some entertainment to the thread that has over 11k views in 3 days :thumbup: