O'Neil Case

JFCastle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I have a couple of O'Neil cases that I bought directly through him over the years. Is he still around and in business? Last case I bought from him was about 5 years ago and he told me he was having some health issues. I need a new box case, 3x6 or 4x8. I don't think I can settle for a Schmelke now that I have used O'Neil's for all these years.

Or if someone knows another box cue builder that would be great.

Any ideas on his contact info I can't seem to locate it from a few years back.

Thanks

JFCastle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome thanks ChopDoc! Any other quality makers of box cases? Not the wooded exterior ones. I like the classic look of the O'Neil. I call that number tomorrow. Thanks!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome thanks ChopDoc! Any other quality makers of box cases? Not the wooded exterior ones. I like the classic look of the O'Neil. I call that number tomorrow. Thanks!

Nobody big.

There are some woodworkers if you do some searches.

O'Neil Cases honestly are legendary, and they are great cases. I have several, including their collector case.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last time I spoke with Mark, he was not making cases and hoping to move his shop. I used to speak with him from time to time but have not been able to reachhim for a few months.

O'Neil made the best box cases.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Hey guys, I have a couple of O'Neil cases that I bought directly through him over the years. Is he still around and in business? Last case I bought from him was about 5 years ago and he told me he was having some health issues. I need a new box case, 3x6 or 4x8. I don't think I can settle for a Schmelke now that I have used O'Neil's for all these years.

Or if someone knows another box cue builder that would be great.

Any ideas on his contact info I can't seem to locate it from a few years back.

Thanks

I think I have one and would be happy to sell it, ill send some pics of youre interested.

Nobody big.

There are some woodworkers if you do some searches.

O'Neil Cases honestly are legendary, and they are great cases. I have several, including their collector case.

I bet JB could make a sweet style case like that...

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet JB could make a sweet style case like that...

He has avoided box cases AFAIK.

I am sure if he went after it, he could build an awesome case.

There are others, like the company that makes the Browning breakdown shotgun cases, that can make any custom case you like. Just contact them. Browning does not make them, they have them made.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
He has avoided box cases AFAIK.

I am sure if he went after it, he could build an awesome case.

There are others, like the company that makes the Browning breakdown shotgun cases, that can make any custom case you like. Just contact them. Browning does not make them, they have them made.

Negrini

Absolutely beautiful!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just gave one of these away to my buddy for his birthday. It was a 2x4. Are people really still looking for them? I have a few but not selling.

Maybe I shouldn't have given one away? It was one of the fabric covered ones...like a tweed...

obe1

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oneil

I just gave one of these away to my buddy for his birthday. It was a 2x4. Are people really still looking for them? I have a few but not selling.

Maybe I shouldn't have given one away? It was one of the fabric covered ones...like a tweed...

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT STYLE CASE FOR 5 YEARS...

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT STYLE CASE FOR 5 YEARS...

Ooops. Well, I gave it to a close buddy along with one of the original McDermott Harley cues from back in 1989. It was his birthday....:smile:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, got it.

For years, those fine cases were manufactured for Browning by Hartmann. Sadly, Hartmann was bought by Samsonite a few years back.

Sorry, I understand this is useless information to the topic at hand.

Useless?

Not really.

Just look at who is making cases like that for guns and instruments and contact them. I bet they can make a nice cue case.

A few years ago I was researching all those manufacturers and actually found who had been making some of the old cases both tube and box.

Sadly, a lot of such cases are out of China now...but I am confident there are still US makers in addition to O'Neil. O'Neil themselves were mot limited to cue cases AFAIK.