Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Totally non shocking news.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Totally non shocking news.
Old
  (#1)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Totally non shocking news. - 09-30-2013, 04:34 AM

The average republican vote is poorly informed, the average independent voter is worse, the average democrat voter is the most clueless of the three groups.

http://www.people-press.org/2010/01/...stery-to-many/

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#2)
oldplayer
AzB Silver Member
oldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2013, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
The average republican vote is poorly informed, the average independent voter is worse, the average democrat voter is the most clueless of the three groups.

http://www.people-press.org/2010/01/...stery-to-many/
so the results are in.......it is better to be older!

Old
  (#3)
memikey
Never Has Been
memikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2013, 05:24 AM

Quote:
The website linked to in your OP appears to record the results of similar quizzes several times a year. Your link was to the results of one of their 2010 quizzes (questions asked in January 2010). There have been several quizzes over the nearly 4 year period since then and all the results are archived on the website.

Here for example are the results of how many questions out of 14 each of those groups got correct in the latest and most recent (Sept 2013) version of their quiz...

Republican Voters....6.5

Democrat Voters......6.4

Ind Voters................6.6

You will find these results under the heading "Partisan Differences In Knowledge" at this link...

http://www.people-press.org/2013/09/...ps-and-graphs/

The quiz before that (January 2013) gave the results 8.7, 8.6 and 8.7 out of 13, respectively.

I would have thought that if anyone really wanted to use this site's findings as a guide to which of the three sets of voters are generally most informed they ought to be looking at an average of the results recorded over at least several years.

Of course others might instead choose to simply trawl through each set of quiz results over the past few years until they find one which has results which fit their own pre-determined conclusions (which might or might not transpire be basically correct conclusions if a proper average of results over a reasonable period was ever calculated) and then just post the results of that single quiz as if they were adequate to draw a definitive conclusion.

Mike

Last edited by memikey; 09-30-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Old
  (#4)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-30-2013, 05:50 AM

lol...What a crock!

Golly, if voters don't know who Steven Colbert is, our democracy is doomed!!!!

Oh, it's a republic?

Golly, if voters aren't sexists and know what genders compile the SCOTUS, we're doomed!!!!!!

You live on this shit, dub, you die on it, too.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#5)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2013, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
so the results are in.......it is better to be older!
Yeah, but NOT that old

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#6)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2013, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memikey View Post
I would have thought that if anyone really wanted to use this site's findings as a guide to which of the three sets of voters are generally most informed they ought to be looking at an average of the results recorded over at least several years.
Good idea ... so I added in the two you found and the results of the combined average was:

Republican voters were the most informed ... independent voters a close second ... and democrat voters the least informed.

Thanks for setting me straight on that.

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#7)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-30-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
... and democrat voters the least informed.
One needn't be informed to be on the dole...

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#8)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!

09-30-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
One needn't be informed to be on the dole...
True ... I'm just amazed that some will argue there is a difference between first/second/third and first/second/third.

-Bishop-

-Bishop-

-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#9)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!

09-30-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post
lol...What a crock!

Golly, if voters don't know who Steven Colbert is, our democracy is doomed!!!!

Oh, it's a republic?

Golly, if voters aren't sexists and know what genders compile the SCOTUS, we're doomed!!!!!!

You live on this shit, dub, you die on it, too.

Jeff Livingston
The republic is in trouble because even the most informed group performed poorly.

-Bishop-

-Bishop-

-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#10)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
The republic is in trouble because even the most informed group performed poorly.
Those groups (sic) performed perfectly!

You still don't know what govt is designed to really do. Your utopian vision is a mirage.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#11)
memikey
Never Has Been
memikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Good idea ... so I added in the two you found and the results of the combined average was:

Republican voters were the most informed ... independent voters a close second ... and democrat voters the least informed.

Thanks for setting me straight on that.
That makes about as much sense as remarking that someone's suggestion that a three month holiday in the Seychelles would be a good idea and then following up with "so I went to Coney Island for the day"

All your reply illustrates is that you seem to hold the daft notion that the combined average of the results of two quizzes in 2013 and one quiz in 2010 can be reasonably described as the combined average of the results of all the quizzes over a period of several years

I don't have any opinion (or preference) on which of the three groups of voters would be found to be the most and least informed if a proper average of all the quizzes held in each of the years over a several year period.

However what I will say quite frankly is that if I were American and if the average of those three results did transpire to be reasonably representative, I'd be considerably more concerned about the apparent average level of knowledge across the board than I would be about the partisan split of that knowledge. which is hopefully similar to your thoughts.

Mike

Old
  (#12)
DrGonzo
As your attorney...
DrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2013, 07:36 AM

I would consider the this thread, the results of the quiz, and the conclusion to be completely misleading.

Playing Cue:
Nitti - Lucky 7's

Case: Dennis Swift - Lucky 7's

Originally posted by Ron Swanson
“It is acceptable for ISIS to behead people”

Originally Posted by Ugotda7
"You (DrGonzo) are just so smart"

Originally Posted by asiasdad
"I would trust the pedophile more."

Gonzo Lock

Old
  (#13)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!

09-30-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Those groups (sic) performed perfectly!

You still don't know what govt is designed to really do. Your utopian vision is a mirage.

Jeff Livingston
Sure I know ... and I know it's the duty of "we the people" to stop it.

We have failed.

-Bishop-

-Bishop-

-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#14)
chefjeff
No sides, only players

09-30-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Sure I know ... and I know it's the duty of "we the people" to stop it.

We have failed.
"We" had no chance EVER against it...from the git go.

What part of monopoly on violence don't you understand? If you give up your authority to a higher power that is founded and run on coercion, guess what you get?

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#15)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!

09-30-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
"We" had no chance EVER against it...from the git go.

Jeff Livingston
To how did we lose King a George III?

-Bishop-

-Bishop-

-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

-9BallPaul-

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: