Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Chalkshaper..... cool new gizmo
Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-15-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwtdh View Post
Thatís the worst promotional video I think Iíve ever seen...
It was cheezie....

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

my chalk shaper
Old
  (#17)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

my chalk shaper - 04-15-2019, 07:43 AM

I have this revolutionary new thing on the end of my stick where it is always handy that I shape chalk with. It is called a tip. Captain somebody or another introduced it a few centuries ago. One reason I like using my own chalk, I don't have to mess with the center drilled stuff. My gross of sixteen cent a piece Master chalk seems likely to last out my lifetime and at that I give it away when a piece gets a little wear on it.

Hu

Old
  (#18)
mmwtdh
AzB Silver Member
mmwtdh has a reputation beyond reputemmwtdh has a reputation beyond reputemmwtdh has a reputation beyond reputemmwtdh has a reputation beyond reputemmwtdh has a reputation beyond reputemmwtdh has a reputation beyond reputemmwtdh has a reputation beyond reputemmwtdh has a reputation beyond reputemmwtdh has a reputation beyond reputemmwtdh has a reputation beyond reputemmwtdh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 280

04-15-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Not being a judge of such things WHAT was so bad about it? You a ad producer of some sort? I've seen a lot worse/cheesier ads before. I doubt they sell 10,000 of these things but i've been wrong before.
It doesnít take a producer to come up with the brilliant idea to film a hand held device demo from closer than 12 feet....

Old
  (#19)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

04-15-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I'm not planning on one either. Its definitely aimed at those who go for the $25 chalk gaff. I get free Master at the ph. When it gets a lil deep i chuck it. No file, no gizmo, no nothin. Just reload.
25 dollars a cube is gonna go even quicker when you file it down like that.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#20)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

04-15-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Not being a judge of such things WHAT was so bad about it? You a ad producer of some sort? I've seen a lot worse/cheesier ads before. I doubt they sell 10,000 of these things but i've been wrong before.
They shot the handheld device from a distance. You couldnt see how the device worked with a cube of chalk in it and you didn't see a before and after of the cube either.

Basically everything you need to know about the device you couldn't see.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#21)
Koop
AzB Silver Member
Koop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 78612

04-15-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I'm not planning on one either. Its definitely aimed at those who go for the $25 chalk gaff. I get free Master at the ph. When it gets a lil deep i chuck it. No file, no gizmo, no nothin. Just reload.
If someone spends $25 on chalk I sure hope they know how to chalk their cue without making it look like the Grand Canyon when their done.

Old
  (#22)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

04-15-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeA View Post
Hate to knock innovative ideas and the time, money and effort involved...but, get the same results (and if not quicker) from my old-school tip pick/chalk shaper (for about $.50 forty years ago). Just a bit more convenient and portable than the sidewalk.
Yup, four way Nicholson file.

Old
  (#23)
Tooler
Inside Engrish Prease

Tooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

04-15-2019, 09:03 AM

That was a total waste of 3 minutes.

I feel bad for the idiot that pissed away his nut on this junk.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Playing cues: Big-Pin Ivory Scruggs
Judd Wrapless (Still the All Time Fav).
Cue Case: Whitten 2x4
Tip: Searing (Hard)
Fav shaft: Gulyassy SPTX(whip it good)

Old
  (#24)
Nine ... corner
A student of human moves~
Nine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-15-2019, 09:03 AM

Two thoughts on this revolutionary new product ...

1. How dumb is this?

2. You can buy a lot of Masters chalk for $30 which takes me back to point number 1.

"I'm shootin' pool Fats, when I miss you can shoot."

Old
  (#25)
kaznj
AzB Silver Member
kaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond repute

04-15-2019, 09:47 AM

Saw this at the expo. You start with a new piece of chalk. Every time you use the chalk you use this device to grind the edge of the chalk to keep it at a flat price like a new piece.
From what I saw and understand I thought it was a crappy gimmick. That is just my opinion. Again, my opinion is that this a very cheap, plastic devise that will not last long or be of any realistic use.

I feel that some vendors come to the expo, especially vendors from outside the United States who believe that we will buy any gimmick for a ridiculously high price. $30 chalk. $800 glasses. Shoes for playing pool. They must doing well enough because the cost of the booth.

Old
  (#26)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

04-15-2019, 09:49 AM

That's what sidewalks are made for.

Old
  (#27)
KissedOut
AzB Silver Member
KissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond repute

04-15-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLafayette View Post
How about just walking outside and rubbing the chalk on the sidewalk like I've been doing for years?
Or if that is too much trouble, learn to chalk properly and the problem never even appears.

I saw it at the SBE
Old
  (#28)
atlas333
AzB Silver Member
atlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond reputeatlas333 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw it at the SBE - 04-15-2019, 11:31 AM

I saw this at the SBE also and I checked out the guys demo. I usually use sandpaper to flatten out chaulk but I figured let's see what he has there. When he told me it was $25 bucks I almost fell over! It looks like it should be no more than $4.99.
I also heard it was 3D printed.

Old
  (#29)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

04-15-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rosato View Post
That's what sidewalks are made for.
I'm too tall, I use the sides of buildings.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#30)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

04-15-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
I'm too tall, I use the sides of buildings.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showp...7&postcount=19

My chalk shaper costs less than a buck. It can be difficult to fit into your cue case though....

I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.
Player: Custom Full Splice
Breaker: Poison
Case: JB Cases

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: