Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page The critics have been silenced...
Page 3 of 10 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
kaznj
AzB Silver Member
kaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond reputekaznj has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-31-2019, 12:10 PM

How do know if the Russians weren't colluding here. Maybe muller should investigate.

Old
  (#32)
9 Ball Fan
Darth Maximus
9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznj View Post
How do know if the Russians weren't colluding here. Maybe muller should investigate.

Exactly what I was thinking!!!

Old
  (#33)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-31-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
I have been carefully avoiding my suspicion. Now that you mention it, john was shaking like a bird dog crapping peach pits when he got above 450 the first time. I'm not curious enough to watch the video but was john nice and mellow this time? Poker players take a certain drug like it's aspirin! Video is wonderful technology, so is drug testing. If I set a world record and was clean when I did it I would rush to a lab to bury any question of PED's. Modern technology just like the video.

Having had personal dealings with john a few times I know he has the balls of a bull gerbil if that isn't insulting gerbils. All of a sudden turning in a hero performance far beyond what he was ever able to do before does look very unlikely.

Now, don't you wish you had let sleeping dogs lie?

Hu
What you've been doing is carefully planning your attack.

By the way, have you stopped beating your wife?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PED's
Old
  (#34)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

PED's - 05-31-2019, 07:46 PM

There is a long list of PED's. They include herbs and supplements that john has long been a fan of trying. They also include OTC drugs and common prescription medications. They include illegal drugs too of course. Most would not care if he had used many of the PED's. Some wouldn't care if he used any of them being more fans of what was done than how it was done.

As for john, we all know a different john. Spend a few hours with him and get an impression. Several of my friends like him. That doesn't bother me a bit. His track record with me includes sending his buddy over to the pool room I played out of so the pair of them could find where I lived to pay me a visit. They weren't planning to bring flowers! I don't have any use for a stalker or a punk that has to bring a friend to help him. My friends understand my point of view.

Hu

Old
  (#35)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 08:13 PM

I see nothing wrong with accepting John's 626 as a high run record.

However, I don't compare it to Mosconi's 526.

Two completely different environments and sets of circumstances.

Tables - different

Equipment - different

Atmosphere - different

Time spent attempting a high run - different (as far as anything I've ever heard)

Looking at each run, some of the following things come to my mind:

- What has been John's TOTAL number of hours spent trying to run more than 526 compared to Willie's (which is unknown, or if he even spent much time trying)

- How many times did John clean the table and balls during the run compared to Willie's

- How many distractions did John have to put up with vs Willie's

- How many breaks did John take and for how long vs Willie

- John switched ends on the table to rack and play on

- John was MOTIVATED...he had a record he wanted to break

- Willie may have not been as motivated. There was no high record for him to concentrate on beating.

With that said, each record is a significant feat that bears respect and each of the players have pocketed a hell of a lot more balls in 14.1 than many people can claim.

Old
  (#36)
SlickRick_PCS
Pool, Snooker, Carom
SlickRick_PCS has a reputation beyond reputeSlickRick_PCS has a reputation beyond reputeSlickRick_PCS has a reputation beyond reputeSlickRick_PCS has a reputation beyond reputeSlickRick_PCS has a reputation beyond reputeSlickRick_PCS has a reputation beyond reputeSlickRick_PCS has a reputation beyond reputeSlickRick_PCS has a reputation beyond reputeSlickRick_PCS has a reputation beyond reputeSlickRick_PCS has a reputation beyond reputeSlickRick_PCS has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
I know that years after we had any dealings with each other I wasn't on facebook a few hours before john typed three few line posts in a row attacking me then gloated over being able to block me there, unlike message forums. he looked a lot like the little boy on the school ground that runs up and hits somebody in the back and then goes hide behind the teacher.

I also know john got his whacker in a twist so badly over making an ass out of himself right here on AZB that he had his friend physically stalk me. The plan was supposedly for the two to physically attack me once they knew how to find me. john was living in Florida at the time and his friend near me. Seemed about par for the course, a pair of them needed to jump one old man.

john has set a record. Few if any will dispute that. Some like I will wonder how he suddenly posted a run far better than his recent personal best set in weeks of intense effort after twenty years of chasing the record. 490 was a significant outlier in itself. I suspect that with the pressure he had placed on himself and the incentives offered he might have gotten a little creative to get over the line. Nobody but john will know for sure and most pool players won't care if he cooked the books a bit or not. Pool has a long history of chem players. Did he or didn't he? I didn't care enough to bring the issue up but considering all the things that could mellow him out a bit I suspect his nerves might have been aided a little. Nobody will ever know and few if any will care.

Hu
There's a certain time in a person's life when they need to get off the computer to avoid any more humiliation within themselves. Hu, now is that time for you to stop being an @$$hole and leave. Otherwise, continue acting like a soiled-draped baby, whining about something stupid...

too funny!
Old
  (#37)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

too funny! - 05-31-2019, 09:15 PM

Many of the people calling me out for a lack of class are setting fine examples, of a lack of class that is.

I haven't said that john used PED's. All things considered it is a distinct possibility. I also have not called any other poster here a name, quite a bit more than some of y'all can say!

To those that have politely disagreed with me, thanks for your posts and my apologies, I am not going to try to reply to individual posts. I favor the old skin and it doesn't allow multi-quotes.

Hu

Old
  (#38)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 10:03 PM

, No it hasn’t silenced the critics because they have some valid points, if the run was done in the same conditions that matched the run , there wouldn’t be any criticism, but clearly there is so that’s what you get

Last edited by one stroke; 05-31-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Old
  (#39)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
No it hasn’t silenced the critics because they have some valid points, if the run was done in the same conditions that matched the run , there wouldn’t be any criticism, but clearly there is so that’s what you get

That is EXACTLY it and I've said that for years.

Everybody was trying to break the record under different conditions.

I'm not talking about different weather conditions outside, either.

I'm NOT accepting the explanation that a table like Willie used isn't available somewhere. With the thousands and thousands of tables Brunswick produced, there has to be plenty of similar tables out there.

How hard would it have been for someone to have obtained one (probably for cheap, if not free) and then set it up with the same type of rails and cloth?

If the right request was made in the appropriate circles, a table probably would have been DONATED for the cause at NO COST.

Everybody is claiming Willie's run was easier because of the table, etc. If it was EASIER, then why was everyone trying to do it under different conditions that were "supposedly" harder?

I'm not disputing that he ran 626 balls.

I'm just pointing out the differences.

Now that John has ran 626 on a 9-footer, it should be a piece of cake for him to run 527 on an 8-footer.

Set up the same table and hand John (or anybody else) a Rambow and tell them to go for it.

Old
  (#40)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
That is EXACTLY it and I've said that for years.

Everybody was trying to break the record under different conditions.

I'm not talking about different weather conditions outside, either.

I'm NOT accepting the explanation that a table like Willie used isn't available somewhere. With the thousands and thousands of tables Brunswick produced, there has to be plenty of similar tables out there.

How hard would it have been for someone to have obtained one (probably for cheap, if not free) and then set it up with the same type of rails and cloth?

If the right request was made in the appropriate circles, a table probably would have been DONATED for the cause at NO COST.

Everybody is claiming Willie's run was easier because of the table, etc. If it was EASIER, then why was everyone trying to do it under different conditions that were "supposedly" harder?

I'm not disputing that he ran 626 balls.

I'm just pointing out the differences.

Now that John has ran 626 on a 9-footer, it should be a piece of cake for him to run 527 on an 8-footer.

Set up the same table and hand John (or anybody else) a Rambow and tell them to go for it.
I’m simply not a take thing at face value kinda guy in anything,I’m simply not starting today ,

Old
  (#41)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 11:04 PM

Lately, I've seen a side of some on here that I wouldn't have believed to exist before.

I'm as old school (old fashioned) as ANY of you giys/gals.

Being old school "use to mean something".

Being "old school", use to mean you also had character, ethics and much more but, I guess there really is a shortage of "old school".

How about:

Get a camera and show us how many balls you can run??????

EXACTLY!

LOL

I will not hold my breath. Only thing you can run is your mouth!

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#42)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 11:05 PM

i tend to scroll through their posts knowing that the majority of them have had some kind of personal beef with mr 600

if the BCA says it's a world record than that puts the matter to rest. the argument that there needs to be an exhibition audience is just funny to me. there are no paying audiences for straight pool anno 2019. you would probably have to pay people to watch 4 hours of live straight pool these days. and i would rather watch a video than read an affidavit..

Old
  (#43)
4pointer
AzB Silver Member
4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 11:25 PM

today social media is so popular , because you can post every bullshit you want , from your home pc or your smartphone , without any consequences !

i have a feeling that some people , their posting here are never played a game of straight pool .

keep in stroke everybody .

Old
  (#44)
vjmehra
AzB Silver Member
vjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogstokig View Post
i tend to scroll through their posts knowing that the majority of them have had some kind of personal beef with mr 600

if the BCA says it's a world record than that puts the matter to rest. the argument that there needs to be an exhibition audience is just funny to me. there are no paying audiences for straight pool anno 2019. you would probably have to pay people to watch 4 hours of live straight pool these days. and i would rather watch a video than read an affidavit..
I agree that once the BCA (and/or WPA?) say it’s a record, then it counts.

However ignoring all the stuff about tables etc (conditions change in all sports, if conditions had to be perfectly constant you’d have a million different records for virtually identical things) I think the exhibition argument is actually the best one.

Not so much because of the audience aspect, what bugs me is that the 526 was done against an opponent in an actual match (albeit not in ‘official’ tournament play), whereas for the 626 there was no opponent, so by definition it’s just ‘practice’.

I still expect the record to be ratified, but that aspect bugs me a little bit.

Old
  (#45)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

06-01-2019, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post

I still expect the record to be ratified, but that aspect bugs me a little bit.
None of it bugs me, either way.

I just don't call apples "oranges".

*astericks are made for such records.

Page 3 of 10 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: