Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Turning Stone - Archer Forfeit vs SVB?
Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Turning Stone - Archer Forfeit vs SVB?
Old
  (#1)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Turning Stone - Archer Forfeit vs SVB? - 08-23-2019, 10:21 AM

I just pulled up the streaming Turning Stone Live Facebook video and the banner at the bottom still has the scoreboard up from the match.

It says SVB 9 and Archer 4, however the guy who just commented about the next match mentioned something about the score 7-3 SVB over Archer and Archer forfeiting. He said something like "there will be some comments about that".

What was that all about?

Did he actually forfeit?

Old
  (#2)
WoodyMPW
AzB Silver Member
WoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond reputeWoodyMPW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-23-2019, 10:26 AM

Shane called a foul on Archer. Archer took his ball and went home.

Old
  (#3)
Rickhem
AzB Silver Member
Rickhem has a reputation beyond reputeRickhem has a reputation beyond reputeRickhem has a reputation beyond reputeRickhem has a reputation beyond reputeRickhem has a reputation beyond reputeRickhem has a reputation beyond reputeRickhem has a reputation beyond reputeRickhem has a reputation beyond reputeRickhem has a reputation beyond reputeRickhem has a reputation beyond reputeRickhem has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 10:29 AM

I was just watching the match and Archer was in good shape to run out a rack to make it 6-5. (was at 6-4 at the time) While Archer was shooting the 4 ball, apparently Shane saw something and called Archer on it. They discussed it a bit, and the commentators weren't sure what happened either. Archer was leaning over the table and might have made contact with either the 9 ball or another ball.......not really sure.
Anyway, Shane shot the 5 ball, and then apparently Archer quit.

That's what I saw, no idea what the actual discussion between SVB and Archer was about.

Old
  (#4)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 10:32 AM

All balls fouls? I was booting up my PC and the next thing I saw it was game over.

Old
  (#5)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 10:39 AM

From what I saw, Shane called the foul on archer contracting the 7 ball while reaching over it to shoot....I believe the rules are still cue ball fouls only while setting up for the shot, and the discussion was that Shane called the foul happened after the shot, so then it is all ball fouls and ball in hand. Johnny may have believed it was cue ball fouls at all times.

So after Shane took ball in hand, Johnny put his hand out to concede at 6-4.

Shane did the same thing a couple of years ago in the Philippines, at a 10 ball tournament when he made the 10 early and called it, but the opponent said he didn't call it, so he conceded right away. I believe it was against Ronnie Alcano.

Old
  (#6)
GideonF
AzB Silver Member
GideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
From what I saw, Shane called the foul on archer contracting the 7 ball while reaching over it to shoot....I believe the rules are still cue ball fouls only while setting up for the shot, and the discussion was that Shane called the foul happened after the shot, so then it is all ball fouls and ball in hand. Johnny may have believed it was cue ball fouls at all times.

Shane did the same thing a couple of years ago in the Philippines, at a 10 ball tournament when he made the 10 early and called it, but the opponent said he didn't call it, so he conceded right away. I believe it was against Ronnie Alcano.

Correct about this incident. The SVB 10b was, I believe, that he shot a straight in 10b (not early) into the obvious pocket and the call was that he didn’t call it. The pro version of “you didn’t patch the pocket”.

Regards,

Gideon

“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.” Hugh Keough.

Old
  (#7)
dardusm
AzB Silver Member
dardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-23-2019, 10:55 AM

I've never been a fan of all ball fouls just because I would rather see someone win the game on the table and not on a technicality. But, rules are rules, and quitting because something isn't going your way is a bad look and habit to get into especially if you have sponsors.

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. ~John Lennon

That's what a champion does, take their time in key situations ~ Scott Frost

Player: Holly/Ebony Custom Roach Cue
Breaker: Custom Roach Breaker
Jump: Custom Roach Jump Cue

Old
  (#8)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
08-23-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post

I'm a little confused on the rules... so it's cue ball fouls only while setting up on the shot,
but then it's all-ball-fouls during the actual stoke?

That seems weird to me, do other tournaments handle things this way?

It's definitely gonna cause confusion and I don't blame Johnny for being annoyed.
I don't really blame SVB either, the rules are the rules, I guess if anyone is at fault
it's whoever made the rule... I don't see the need to split hairs about accidental nudges.
Just make them either fouls or not fouls.

Old
  (#9)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 11:04 AM

Why did Robert Hart FF?

Old
  (#10)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

08-23-2019, 11:22 AM

SVB unscrewed against Corey at a BB tourney as well....because Corey checked the rack! lol

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#11)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeDo View Post
I'm a little confused on the rules... so it's cue ball fouls only while setting up on the shot,
but then it's all-ball-fouls during the actual stoke?

That seems weird to me, do other tournaments handle things this way?

It's definitely gonna cause confusion and I don't blame Johnny for being annoyed.
I don't really blame SVB either, the rules are the rules, I guess if anyone is at fault
it's whoever made the rule... I don't see the need to split hairs about accidental nudges.
Just make them either fouls or not fouls.
If I remember correctly...you aren’t allowed to touch the ball you’re jacked up over...
...which is sensible IMO.....Mike could’ve been called to clarify

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#12)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardusm View Post
I've never been a fan of all ball fouls just because I would rather see someone win the game on the table and not on a technicality.
I have always preferred all ball fouls.

It makes the game "simple".

You foul, you sit down.

The games is still won or lost "on the table".

I"ve played people who "bump" or "accidentally touch" balls every other game and then say "excuse me" and "try" to put it back in the "original spot".

If you "touch" balls so often that it bothers you when somebody calls you on it, then maybe you should practice not touching balls and develop new ways of shooting in difficult table layouts.

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 08-23-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Old
  (#13)
YoungAtHeart
AzB Bronze Member
YoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond reputeYoungAtHeart has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
I have always preferred all ball fouls.

It makes the game "simple".

You foul, you sit down.

The games is still won or lost "on the table".

I"ve played people who "bump" or "accidentally touch" balls every other game and then say "excuse me" and "try" to put it back in the "original spot".

If you "touch" balls so often that it bothers you when somebody calls you on it, then maybe you should practice not touching balls and develop new ways of shooting in difficult table layouts.
I totally agree

Old
  (#14)
AzHousePro
Administrator

AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

08-23-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
Why did Robert Hart FF?
Rob was a no-show.

Mike

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#15)
RacksByTheDozen
AzB Bronze Member
RacksByTheDozen has a reputation beyond reputeRacksByTheDozen has a reputation beyond reputeRacksByTheDozen has a reputation beyond reputeRacksByTheDozen has a reputation beyond reputeRacksByTheDozen has a reputation beyond reputeRacksByTheDozen has a reputation beyond reputeRacksByTheDozen has a reputation beyond reputeRacksByTheDozen has a reputation beyond reputeRacksByTheDozen has a reputation beyond reputeRacksByTheDozen has a reputation beyond reputeRacksByTheDozen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 955

08-23-2019, 03:38 PM

The rule at Turning Stone is that it's all ball fouls, EXCEPT for the ball you're shooting over. If you touch the ball you're shooting over your opponent gets to put the ball back. Any other ball you touch is a foul. I'm not defending it, that's just how they explained it at the players meeting.

That said, I didn't see the SVB/Archer incident so I have no idea how this rule applied.

Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: