Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Hello,my name is BeCue Prime-M
Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
wrickyb
AzB Silver Member
wrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-27-2018, 08:42 AM

Yes we now have our standard B-Joint, Uni-Loc, Radial Pin and 3/8 x 10 in 12mm and 12.5mm 29 inch length and custom 30 inch and 31 inch.

Ricky Bryant
USABecueOfficial@gmail.com or text 574-320-2438

Old
  (#62)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vaskovskyi View Post
Here are some of my thoughts. When it comes to my preferences in shaft properties when it comes to performance:
- on the first place is energy transfer. My practical experience tells that this property does affect how much spin you could apply with a certain amount of power used for the shot.
Then I look into the deflection and the feel, how comfort to play with it (taper, how smooth). When it comes to deflection well I'm the one ...when I played my best back then it was with solid maple shafts so I learned how to deal with deflection. Now I play with LD shaft built on my own and I do enjoy it. As a coach I must admit that for somebody who just started to learn the game and when the time comes strarts to get used to side spins it is easier to learn with less deflection shaft and if that shaft is also the best as for energy transfer then = even better because for somebody with inconsistent stroke the less power he needs to use the better.
When I tried Revo I liked the taper and feel (how smooth it was). The first 37 sm the taper is pretty straight just fairly slightly increasing. My own maple shaft which is really stiff has the taper which increases much faster but Revo is just the different animal. Being quite slimmer it is stiffer and the main difference is in the frequency of the vibrations and how fast it stops. When it comes to aiming with a black no ferrule shaft...well my current maple shaft is ferrule less but of course it was a new experience to aim with a black shaft. I should add that it was standard Victory tip on the Revo which is orange/yellowish so it made some contrast for better feeling the distance to the CB and I can't say that it was very difficult to adapt but I had only two hours of playing with Revo so who knows. I guess in case of no ferrule black shaft the color of the tip has a greater meaning than with a wooden shaft (no matter with a ferrule or no ferrule). For somedy using let's say Kamui black tip on a Revo when there is no good contrast in between the shaft and the tip it might feel awkward for sighting.

So if this new Prime-M 12 mm shaft being slimmer and more flexible does not compromise it regarding energy transfer and it is fairly comparable to the Revo when it comes to deflection there is possibility in slightly lowering it by making that transparent pad thinner or even go as it was in prototype and that is in case somebody is so sensitive to that difference.
I believe Becue with their new generation of shafts made a big step in front and I wish them to succeed in what they're doing and keep improving and I wish the same for you, Marek).
I'm currently practicing with the primeM shaft and haven't written a review yet, but another aspect of the transparent ferrule is that it offers a small visual difference when sighting down the shaft between a black tip and the dark shaft. It appears like a shiny strip that is right before the tip. For me, this helps in addressing the cue ball. I know the main purpose is that the material bonds perfectly with the chemical that is used in Locktite to install tips, so your tip will never fall off from a bonding problem.

Here is a couple of photos to show what I'm referring to when sighting down the shaft...

Old
  (#63)
BRussell
AzB Silver Member
BRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2018, 11:44 AM

Cardigan Kid have you done some deflection testing between the Becue shafts?

If you've seen Dr. Dave's video on how he tested deflection with pivot point, I think that's a really good approach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwytGsNl2vc

Old
  (#64)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
Cardigan Kid have you done some deflection testing between the Becue shafts?

If you've seen Dr. Dave's video on how he tested deflection with pivot point, I think that's a really good approach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwytGsNl2vc
I have not. I'm afraid my editing and graphics software is very limited and not like the doctor's. So a video would be limited in scope. But I could do some testing and just post about it.

I always thought that deflection talk when dealing with these high end shafts gets lost in the weeds after a while. Doctor Dave's video showed the deflection was extremely similar between the revo, cue tec cf, and the wood z2. We all handle deflection differently anyways.

What I am interested in is the stiffness/vibration of the shaft and also, will the shaft and the materials (more importantly, the filing material inside) will they hold up over time after extended hours of use.

Take Merek's word for it that the revo and BeCue PrimeM play similar in terms of deflection. But the taper and length (BeCue will build 29, 30, and 31 inch shafts) as well as various pins. At least one CF cue company (BeCue) is still accommodating players and what the players want and not telling the players you play with what we decide is best to build.

Old
  (#65)
BRussell
AzB Silver Member
BRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
I have not. I'm afraid my editing and graphics software is very limited and not like the doctor's. So a video would be limited in scope. But I could do some testing and just post about it.

I always thought that deflection talk when dealing with these high end shafts gets lost in the weeds after a while. Doctor Dave's video showed the deflection was extremely similar between the revo, cue tec cf, and the wood z2. We all handle deflection differently anyways.

What I am interested in is the stiffness/vibration of the shaft and also, will the shaft and the materials (more importantly, the filing material inside) will they hold up over time after extended hours of use.

Take Merek's word for it that the revo and BeCue PrimeM play similar in terms of deflection. But the taper and length (BeCue will build 29, 30, and 31 inch shafts) as well as various pins. At least one CF cue company (BeCue) is still accommodating players and what the players want and not telling the players you play with what we decide is best to build.
Good point. I think it's one of the few objective measures of a cue's playing properties, so I think it's interesting to measure it if possible.

By the way, does anyone have the 5.1 M - marek, Ricky Bryant, or you? That's the one closest to what I'm using now, so probably the one I would get. But all the focus has been on the Prime M, so I don't know if there are any other differences.

Old
  (#66)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:

I agree!

As someone that has used becue prime, prime m, cuetec and revos, I can say that the becue prime m and cuetec are neck in neck in deflection, feel and stiffness.

Revo however is much lower in deflection than becue prime m and cuetec and is stiffer than either as well.

It's clear to most than revos are out performing all other CF shafts made currently.

Now, having said the above, I will be switching to becue if predator does not start matching Becue's customer service, as well as, giving options for shaft length, width and pins.

I feel that we pool players have given revo plenty of time to meet the "needs" of their customers as a "whole" and to stop forcing us to accept a cookie cutter shaft, regardless of how well it performs.

The customer should have a say in what they pay for at some point. Otherwise, like myself, some or even a lot of them will move to another brand even if they have to adjust to a higher deflection and a little less stiffness..... eventhough, the "feel" would be a plus.

Becue and Cuetec regardless of deflection and stiffness will be taking their place in the market very soon. To me, it's a good thing. Maybe at some point that will cause the price point to adjust. Not to mention, may even cause one of them to push the technology even further to gain an edge.

Rake

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#67)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member

11-27-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Good point. I think it's one of the few objective measures of a cue's playing properties, so I think it's interesting to measure it if possible.

By the way, does anyone have the 5.1 M - marek, Ricky Bryant, or you? That's the one closest to what I'm using now, so probably the one I would get. But all the focus has been on the Prime M, so I don't know if there are any other differences.
I have the first and second generation 5.1, the first generation Prime, and now the PrimeM....
The difference between the 5.1 and the prime was the taper, 5.1 being conical to the Prime with a more pro taper.....the 5.1 is the stiffer and more solid hit of all for obvious reasons, more beefy in feel for those who use closed bridge, the cue would get tight and open the fingers up on the follow through. The shorter the bridge, then it plays just fine.
The Prime solved those issues for those who use a bridge between 6-12" with the taper starting further down the shaft.
Now the primeM is what I term as an Ultra-Pro taper, with the tip diameter being held a good deal down the shaft with the flaring out starting halfway to the joint.

Here is the first generation Prime next to the PrimeM both at 12.00mm....

I was told the Prime M will be the new format going forward with the Prime in white carrying the same ultra pro taper dimensions.

Old
  (#68)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member

11-27-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:

Here are photo comparisons between all three models...5.1, Prime, Prime M....all at 12.0mm and length of 31"....

Old
  (#69)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I have the first and second generation 5.1, the first generation Prime, and now the PrimeM....
The difference between the 5.1 and the prime was the taper, 5.1 being conical to the Prime with a more pro taper.....the 5.1 is the stiffer and more solid hit of all for obvious reasons, more beefy in feel for those who use closed bridge, the cue would get tight and open the fingers up on the follow through. The shorter the bridge, then it plays just fine.
The Prime solved those issues for those who use a bridge between 6-12" with the taper starting further down the shaft.
Now the primeM is what I term as an Ultra-Pro taper, with the tip diameter being held a good deal down the shaft with the flaring out starting halfway to the joint.

Here is the first generation Prime next to the PrimeM both at 12.00mm....

I was told the Prime M will be the new format going forward with the Prime in white carrying the same ultra pro taper dimensions.
Again, very accurately stated about the taper and comfort. Very accurate!!!

Revo had better take note and act or IMO will regret it later.

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Old
  (#70)
Poolfiend
AzB Silver Member

Poolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
Nice review Marek. But I was shocked that you feel the cue ball deflection is slightly higher with the 12.0mm Prime M shaft, versus the REVO 12.4mm shaft. (I have a 12.0mm REVO and it has slightly less cue ball deflection than the 12.4mm REVO).

I just assumed that 12.0mm Prime-M would have slightly less than REVO 12.4mm, not that it would make one better playing than the other.

JoeyA
Joey: Where did you get a 12mm Revo? I thought they only came in 12.4 and 12.9?

Old
  (#71)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member

11-27-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
I agree!

As someone that has used becue prime, prime m, cuetec and revos, I can say that the becue prime m and cuetec are neck in neck in deflection, feel and stiffness.

Revo however is much lower in deflection than becue prime m and cuetec and is stiffer than either as well.

It's clear to most than revos are out performing all other CF shafts made currently.

Now, having said the above, I will be switching to becue if predator does not start matching Becue's customer service, as well as, giving options for shaft length, width and pins.

I feel that we pool players have given revo plenty of time to meet the "needs" of their customers as a "whole" and to stop forcing us to accept a cookie cutter shaft, regardless of how well it performs.

The customer should have a say in what they pay for at some point. Otherwise, like myself, some or even a lot of them will move to another brand even if they have to adjust to a higher deflection and a little less stiffness..... eventhough, the "feel" would be a plus.

Becue and Cuetec regardless of deflection and stiffness will be taking their place in the market very soon. To me, it's a good thing. Maybe at some point that will cause the price point to adjust. Not to mention, may even cause one of them to push the technology even further to gain an edge.

Rake
Absolutely agree. BeCue was off a kick starter campaign two years ago and yet they are able to accommodate their players and sponsored pro players with alternative diameters, sizes, pins, etc....

And their Italian pros aren't slacking off with their equipment....

https://youtu.be/Ttyx9BmM1c4

https://youtu.be/b212gOBPMBw

https://youtu.be/vF_UVIiBJh4

https://youtu.be/GybfUjNmtAM

Old
  (#72)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

11-27-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Absolutely agree. BeCue was off a kick starter campaign two years ago and yet they are able to accommodate their players and sponsored pro players with alternative diameters, sizes, pins, etc....

And their Italian pros aren't slacking off with their equipment....

https://youtu.be/Ttyx9BmM1c4

https://youtu.be/b212gOBPMBw

https://youtu.be/vF_UVIiBJh4

https://youtu.be/GybfUjNmtAM
Good stuff!!!!

Btw, I am curious how the 31" becue plays compared to the 29" becue in same size, tip, pin etc...?

Old
  (#73)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member

11-27-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Good stuff!!!!

Btw, I am curious how the 31" becue plays compared to the 29" becue in same size, tip, pin etc...?
I used to play with a predator p3 butt, mid cue extension, and various LD wood shafts. The BeCue guys didn't want to make a mid cue extension because they wanted to have a good balance to the cue (they factor all weights, titanium joints and mass of filling material during construction) so they built me 31" shafts with a 31" butt. I do have a standard butt and shaft 5.1 as well. They all play similar in the characteristics, but for taller players who play their grip hand on the butt of the cue, its nice to have a little more room now. The extra reach is nice as well without having a cumbersome/heavy extension on full time.

Also, I like how BeCue shafts have a nice balance, maybe a little bit more forward weight to them, so together, with their naturally forward weighted butt, the cue has a great feel as you stroke forward through the cue ball.

Here was a video I posted a little while ago just horsing around with the 31"prime shaft and 31" butt...Also some of my thoughts at the end in regards to the shafts compared to 5.1 and wood shafts....

https://youtu.be/diMHV3h1S3Q

Old
  (#74)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member
jtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickyb View Post
Yes we now have our standard B-Joint, Uni-Loc, Radial Pin and 3/8 x 10 in 12mm and 12.5mm 29 inch length and custom 30 inch and 31 inch.

Ricky Bryant
USABecueOfficial@gmail.com or text 574-320-2438
30”, that might put me over the top, it will go with my 30” diamond wood butt. I still need a test drive. Will there be any demos at Derby?

Last edited by jtompilot; 11-27-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Old
  (#75)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member
jtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolfiend View Post
Joey: Where did you get a 12mm Revo? I thought they only came in 12.4 and 12.9?
It was a prototype. They didnít make many. Canít remember how Joey got one. Dumb luck I guess.

Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: