AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
POS System Recommendations
Old
  (#1)
Songman
AzB Bronze Member
Songman has a reputation beyond reputeSongman has a reputation beyond reputeSongman has a reputation beyond reputeSongman has a reputation beyond reputeSongman has a reputation beyond reputeSongman has a reputation beyond reputeSongman has a reputation beyond reputeSongman has a reputation beyond reputeSongman has a reputation beyond reputeSongman has a reputation beyond reputeSongman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

POS System Recommendations - 03-29-2019, 04:09 PM

Hello All:

Getting closer to the pool room. What are the best options for keeping time of the table usage? Is there a decent POS system (not a pos as we know it...lol) that can handle food/beer sales and table time, and/or is there a simple method to track each separately? What's the industry standard for a small room of less than 12 tables?

Old
  (#2)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-26-2019, 02:43 AM

Just about any modern POS system can be configured for anything. I think the UI is the most important element as your employees will need to understand it. Just make sure any retail field has an arbitrary input field that will be below the highest configured default value, that way if your hourly rate is say $8/hour, then if someone manually puts in the value they can't accidentally put in $800/hour. This really is a concern. I still think that most POS systems I see in bars that charge hourly whatever do it wrong. I believe you should have your base multiplier the cash value and the only editable field should be time (say hours divided into tenths with a maximum of 240.0 units).

Anyways, you could always pay someone to make it. ~8k should cover it. The bonus is no license and you can use any monitor and CPU/Computer you want (although I'd make sure it is ARM and x86 compatible, HTML/JS might be the way to go... this is simple). If you're really in doubt, just contact a merchant (but beware of their license fees on this, as stated, this is simple low volume... you _DON'T_ want a "site" license).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: