Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page 64 Percent of Voters Unwilling to Pay More Taxes for Medicare for All
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-16-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
Minor decisions like whether you buy groceries or figure out how to pay the insanely high monthly premium. Whether you file for bankruptcy or figure out how to pay the $12,000 deductible. Whether you're willing to figure out a way to pay for the cancer treatment not covered by the worthless policy or just die.
Because before the ACA we all had super cheap policies with low or no deductibles that covered everything, with no exclusions or caps -- not.

Seriously, though, was my health insurance coverage better before the ACA? Yes, it was. But I'm one of the lucky ones. When I went to the emergency room 10 years ago, and left with three stents in my heart, it cost me a grand total of $150 out-of-pocket. Under my current coverage, it would cost me considerably more.

Is that all to blame on the ACA? I honestly can't say for sure. I imagine some of it is, but I'm just as sure some of it is not. Health insurance costs were spiraling out of control on their own.

My hope, though, is that if the ACA had been in effect--even with all its flaws (many of which the republicans caused)--someone like one of my pool playing friends, several years younger than me, who didn't have health insurance, and didn't go to the hospital because he didn't believe he could afford to, might have had insurance and walked out of the hospital like I did, instead of being found dead in his apartment.

It's never semed right to me that I lived and he died, simply because I had a better job with better benefits than he did.

Old
  (#47)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member
Smooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Because before the ACA we all had super cheap policies with low or no deductibles that covered everything, with no exclusions or caps -- not.

Seriously, though, was my health insurance coverage better before the ACA? Yes, it was. But I'm one of the lucky ones. When I went to the emergency room 10 years ago, and left with three stents in my heart, it cost me a grand total of $150 out-of-pocket. Under my current coverage, it would cost me considerably more.

Is that all to blame on the ACA? I honestly can't say for sure. I imagine some of it is, but I'm just as sure some of it is not. Health insurance costs were spiraling out of control on their own.

My hope, though, is that if the ACA had been in effect--even with all its flaws (many of which the republicans caused)--someone like one of my pool playing friends, several years younger than me, who didn't have health insurance, and didn't go to the hospital because he didn't believe he could afford to, might have had insurance and walked out of the hospital like I did, instead of being found dead in his apartment.

It's never semed right to me that I lived and he died, simply because I had a better job with better benefits than he did.
he made his choices and lived, and died, with them... as have you... as should we all

so why didn't you volunteer to pay for his health insurance also? because that's what ACA is... without the voluntary part

Old
  (#48)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
he made his choices and lived, and died, with them... as have you... as should we all

so why didn't you volunteer to pay for his health insurance also? because that's what ACA is... without the voluntary part
Well, for one thing, before the ACA he wouldn't have been able to get coverage -- at least none that either of us could afford. There's that thing called "pre-existing conditions."

That'd be kinda the same boat I'm in now if I lost my employer benefits and the ACA didn't mandate such coverage.

Old
  (#49)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member
Smooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Well, for one thing, before the ACA he wouldn't have been able to get coverage -- at least none that either of us could afford. There's that thing called "pre-existing conditions."

That'd be kinda the same boat I'm in now if I lost my employer benefits and the ACA didn't mandate such coverage.
there are better answers to deal with the entire f'd up insurance industry than forcing your neighbors to pay even more money to those very same insurance companies... aka the ACA

Old
  (#50)
sjb
evolving player

08-16-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
there are better answers to deal with the entire f'd up insurance industry than forcing your neighbors to pay even more money to those very same insurance companies... aka the ACA
Love to hear your answer.

Old
  (#51)
Kid Dynomite
Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Kid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Health insurance portability act

Requirements to allow your new employer to pay into your previous employer plan and vice versa that way you have no fear changing jobs...

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Like a Samurai you are only as good as your weapon!
A.K.A. = Dennis (Michael) Wilson Jr.

Old
  (#52)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member

08-16-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I'll work on a fuller response... but it starts with empowering and incentivizing the doctors... the way it is, the tail(s) are wagging the dog... imo

Old
  (#53)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:

Didnít answer the question.....

So in other words, you donít care that medical cost goes up for others as long as you get what you want.

Old
  (#54)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynomite View Post
Health insurance portability act

Requirements to allow your new employer to pay into your previous employer plan and vice versa that way you have no fear changing jobs...

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Then you just have to fear finding a new job.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#55)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I'll work on a fuller response... but it starts with empowering and incentivizing the doctors... the way it is, the tail(s) are wagging the dog... imo
Empower doctors?

You mean prioritize care in a patient centered complaint driven environment?

Shhh!

People won't like that.

You gotta have politicians or insurance companies in charge. One or the other, that's the only way. They know all about taking care of people and can tell you exactly what you don't need.

Besides, there is honey, marijuana, and piss. Why worry about health care?

And if that don't fix it, just mix it with CBD oil.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#56)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 02:14 AM

Do you support health care for illegal aliens? They are mostly poor, so it's safe to say it would be at no cost to them and the burden would be on the U.S. tax payer. Why should you have health care or health insurance and they not? Why stop with people just within our borders? Why should you have healthcare or health insurance they not?

BTW, with a $10,000 deductible under an ACA policy, he might not have sought hospital treatment, even with the policy.

Quote:

Old
  (#57)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-17-2019, 04:29 AM

Quote:

Before the ACA, we all paid for that guy. When he went to the ER and didn't
pay his bill those charges became the status quo that made services go up for the rest
of us. Of course we need the freedom to be able to stick the rest of us with the bill. That
seems to be exactly what the Republicans are fighting for. Since Trump doesn't pay his
bills for his rallies, well there you go.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $5.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#58)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Before the ACA, healthcare was highly regulated by govt. More govt regulation = higher cost. Just wait until govt completely takes over healthcare......it will bankrupt the country in short order.

The only way to drop the cost of healthcare.......1) Take govt completely out of healthcare. 2) Require that insurance only be used for catastrophic events.

^This would incentivise individuals to shop around for the best price (since they are footing the bill for all but the most extreme procedures) and would discourage people from the current tendency of treating their insurance plan like an all-you-can-eat buffet once they've met the deductible.

Old
  (#59)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 04:57 AM

Quote:
........if the ACA had been in effect--even with all its flaws (many of which the republicans caused)
Please provide examples of the Republican caused flaws in the ACA.

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: