Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page 2019 Kremlin Cup 10 ball, Moscow (18-21Sep). Winner $9K
Page 7 of 8 « First 567 8

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member
RichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-21-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racetoday View Post
Congrats to Tyler !! Kid is rising.

Don't they go into the Dream Challenge today or tomorrow now that the Kremlin Cup is over ?
Dream Challenge starts Monday...they have tomorrow off.

Old
  (#92)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
As usual, I liked JJ commentating....itís not just because he knows so much.....
...heís got the kind of voice you wanna hear when you dial 911....
...his voice is calm, obviously intelligent, and comforting.

The team of JJ and a man called Michael were terrific.
For Michael, English is a second language....but he is fluent....
..and the nice thing about that is that you actually hear words used more properly...
...we English speakers get a bit sloppy in the vernacular.
...and I appreciated the shout-out he gave to my old friend Danny Diliberto...
I heard that shout out to Danny D as well and it was very kind of him. Iíve seen him around Turning Stone before, and he has jumped in for streams with Upstate Al before. I really dig the Russian accent and the insight he brings.

Jeremy Jones was in true form this tournament. He is the Steve McQueen/Clint Eastwood of the pool commentator realm. Stern, yet kind....Confident, yet humble...a master as well as a fan of the game.
Hearing his co-host, the lady from Matchroom, swoon over the information and knowledge pouring out of his commentary made me smile, could we have the first ever Elvis of pool commentary? The King of commentary?

Also, JJ has some of the most seamless transitions back to the action at hand Iíve ever heard in pool commentary...when the conversation goes off topic for a delightful moment, he knows exactly when and how to get back to the match. Those nuances of commentary are almost impossible to train and learn, it just comes natural to JJ.

Old
  (#93)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

09-21-2019, 02:06 PM

Which match would you guys recommend watching if I only watched one match? I see they are all listed on the youtube channel. I have not watched any of them. I'd like to see a good one with Tyler.

Old
  (#94)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Which match would you guys recommend watching if I only watched one match? I see they are all listed on the youtube channel. I have not watched any of them. I'd like to see a good one with Tyler.
The final is exceptional, if not for the tension and drama, but for the commentary as well.
Also, it had the best camera coverage of the whole tournament. Very professional with multiple angles and close up shots to set the tone.

Another good match from the static camera tables was Corey vs Billy. It was one or the other who was going to advance and They both played really well.

Old
  (#95)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member
RichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
I heard that shout out to Danny D as well and it was very kind of him. Iíve seen him around Turning Stone before, and he has jumped in for streams with Upstate Al before. I really dig the Russian accent and the insight he brings.

Jeremy Jones was in true form this tournament. He is the Steve McQueen/Clint Eastwood of the pool commentator realm. Stern, yet kind....Confident, yet humble...a master as well as a fan of the game.
Hearing his co-host, the lady from Matchroom, swoon over the information and knowledge pouring out of his commentary made me smile, could we have the first ever Elvis of pool commentary? The King of commentary?

Also, JJ has some of the most seamless transitions back to the action at hand Iíve ever heard in pool commentary...when the conversation goes off topic for a delightful moment, he knows exactly when and how to get back to the match. Those nuances of commentary are almost impossible to train and learn, it just comes natural to JJ.
I think the Russian who commentates TS is a different guy.

Old
  (#96)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSchultz View Post
Dream Challenge starts Monday...they have tomorrow off.
Need a day for the vodka shots to wear off.

Old
  (#97)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

09-21-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
The final is exceptional, if not for the tension and drama, but for the commentary as well.
Also, it had the best camera coverage of the whole tournament. Very professional with multiple angles and close up shots to set the tone.

Another good match from the static camera tables was Corey vs Billy. It was one or the other who was going to advance and They both played really well.
I just finished watching it. Thanks for the recommendation. Good match, Tyler played well. Shot clock please next time, and every time

Old
  (#98)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member

09-22-2019, 01:35 AM

Quote:
I think the Russian who commentates TS is a different guy.
I stand corrected.

Old
  (#99)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member

09-22-2019, 01:39 AM

Found him...a giant
Attached Images

Old
  (#100)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member

09-22-2019, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vaskovskyi View Post
Honestly I was looking mostly pool matches streamed and I did not notice that giant playing piramid at the background. If there is any streamed matches with him I can have a look and see if I know him. But to tell the truth I cannot remember a top piramid player of such hight
actually, this guy
Attached Images

Old
  (#101)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
actually, this guy
To tell the truth I know nothing about him. He's fairly young so hopefully he'll be able to stand out of pretty big crowd of piramid players not only due to his hight but his game too. At least he has a good taste when it comes to the girls and with a good sense of humor he'll be fine .

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Last edited by S.Vaskovskyi; 09-22-2019 at 05:15 AM.

Old
  (#102)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 09-22-2019, 11:14 AM

Excellent job by Tyler
Just watched last couple of racks.
At 7-6, Alcaide miss on 3 ball in side cost him match. https://youtu.be/e_QfexGfhXQ?t=7592
That looked like >50% shot for a pro. Or should he have played safe?
Very exciting final but missing the shot clock. 10 minutes per game (including player timeout) is very slow. AtLarge correct me if I am wrong but average is around 7 minutes per game.

Name:  kcf3.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  57.5 KB

Old
  (#103)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan View Post
Excellent job by Tyler
Just watched last couple of racks.
At 7-6, Alcaide miss on 3 ball in side cost him match. https://youtu.be/e_QfexGfhXQ?t=7592
That looked like >50% shot for a pro. Or should he have played safe?
Very exciting final but missing the shot clock. 10 minutes per game (including player timeout) is very slow. AtLarge correct me if I am wrong but average is around 7 minutes per game.

Attachment 530435
I think he just shouldíve cinched it with a pocket-weight stop shot.
....the angle on the 4-ball gets him out...2 or 3 rails.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#104)
JolietJames
Boot Party Coordinator
JolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond repute

09-23-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS TYLER STYER 2019 KREMLIN CUP CHAMPION
Earning the title of CHAMPION is something that most can only dream of. Fantastic job, Tyler.
Chalk one up for Hal Houle as CTE PRO ONE shines brightly on the international stage.
Real Center-to-Edge is here to stay.
This is a joke right? Like that had anything to do with his win. It's funny I don't see anyone jumping up and down praising ghost ball or instinctive aiming when anybody else wins a title. But I guess if you got conned out of your money to buy that stupid DVD it makes you feel better about your bad financial decision. It still amazes me that there are people out there playing this game Who literally have no freaking idea where to hit the cue ball to make it go toward the pocket. There was one of con man Stan's minions barking on the stream every time Tyler made a ball too.
I'm sorry to rant but I am sick of these lost souls clinging to any shred of justification they can find.

Science flies men to the moon. Religion flies men into buildings.

Old
  (#105)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

09-23-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolietJames View Post
This is a joke right? Like that had anything to do with his win. It's funny I don't see anyone jumping up and down praising ghost ball or instinctive aiming when anybody else wins a title. But I guess if you got conned out of your money to buy that stupid DVD it makes you feel better about your bad financial decision. It still amazes me that there are people out there playing this game Who literally have no freaking idea where to hit the cue ball to make it go toward the pocket. There was one of con man Stan's minions barking on the stream every time Tyler made a ball too.
I'm sorry to rant but I am sick of these lost souls clinging to any shred of justification they can find.
Francois Mingaud is also deserving of some of the credit, having invented the cue tip in 1807. I believe Tyler used a cue stick that had a tip on it. Props to Mingaud for sure.

Page 7 of 8 « First 567 8

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: